Cardiff City Vs Hearts

bobsinclar

bobsinclar

who do people reckon those Cardiff players are on a week compared to the likes of Pinilla?

Surely Hearts should be able to get boys like that. They had some absolutely fantastic players today. Whittingham and Ledley in particular.

Your thoughts>

Dirk Diggler

They are losers and their manager is a nonce.

Come to think of it, they'd fit right in at Tynecastle.

:sad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Probably alot more to be honest!

The money in England at the moment is madness.

Hasslebaink and Fowler will be on 20/30 k a week.

bobsinclar

Your probably right. But Kevin Mcnaughton? 20k a week? He was superb today way better that Karapidis/Berra/Neilson/Wallace etc. in my opinion surely Hearts should be able to attract players like that?

I'm not saying go out and buy McNaughton i'm just using him to hypothesize....

Charlie-Brown

I'd imagine the likes of McNaughton & Thompson are at Cardiff becuase they offer better money than SPL teams?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

McNaughton was excellent today, looked a lot better than he was up at Aberdeen.

What age is he though? He's nearly completely grey!

Ibrahim Tall
McNaughton was excellent today, looked a lot better than he was up at Aberdeen.

What age is he though? He's nearly completely grey!

Still only 25 suprisingly.

Should have signed him the season he left Aberdeen.

Glamorgan Jambo

Fowler and Hasselbank are on 'special' packages as their signings were more down to the Ridsdale connection than Dave Jones. (don't even bother twisting this to justify what Vlad tries NMH).

The rest of them are on a few grand a week max. A lot less than the likes of what we see reported for some members of our squad. The youth set up at cardiff is first rate and the reason the club hasnt gone under in the last few years (selling the likes of Gabbidon, Earnshaw, Gunther and Jerome as well as getting a great price for Chopra after buying him from Newcastle). They concentrate on youth players from Wales and the Midlands.

Thompson and McNaughton are earning more than they would at clubs like Dundee U, Motherwell or the sheep but less than at rangers/celtic/hearts.

The TV money in the championship is poor and cardiff's attendances have improved a lot but are only at an average of 13 - 14K per week. Jones is a good manager and was desperate for the HMFC job at the time Burley got it.

I thought McNaughton was excellent today. Rae huffed and puffed and I'd be extremely surprised if that wasn't Thomson's last game for cardiff... not because he wants to leave I would add.

bobsinclar
Fowler and Hasselbank are on 'special' packages as their signings were more down to the Ridsdale connection than Dave Jones. (don't even bother twisting this to justify what Vlad tries NMH).

The rest of them are on a few grand a week max. A lot less than the likes of what we see reported for some members of our squad. The youth set up at cardiff is first rate and the reason the club hasnt gone under in the last few years (selling the likes of Gabbidon, Earnshaw, Gunther and Jerome as well as getting a great price for Chopra after buying him from Newcastle). They concentrate on youth players from Wales and the Midlands.

Thompson and McNaughton are earning more than they would at clubs like Dundee U, Motherwell or the sheep but less than at rangers/celtic/hearts.

The TV money in the championship is poor and cardiff's attendances have improved a lot but are only at an average of 13 - 14K per week. Jones is a good manager and was desperate for the HMFC job at the time Burley got it.

I thought McNaughton was excellent today. Rae huffed and puffed and I'd be extremely surprised if that wasn't Thomson's last game for cardiff... not because he wants to leave I would add.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

who do people reckon those Cardiff players are on a week compared to the likes of Pinilla?

Surely Hearts should be able to get boys like that. They had some absolutely fantastic players today. Whittingham and Ledley in particular.

Your thoughts>

Put it this way even Rangers couldn't match Cardiffs wage for Fowler.

The english championship is the 6th highest paid league in the world - so there may be a few palyers in the SPL on more money that the Championship and most of them play for the Old firm - our wage bill in less than the average championship team

bobsinclar
Put it this way even Rangers couldn't match Cardiffs wage for Fowler.

I don't think hearts need Robbie Fowler, but some of the lesser names in their squad were superb surely they could be coaxed North of the border for the money Hearts are dishing out these days.

Cardiff are by no means the only team with good players in the championship I was only using them as an example.

Glamorgan Jambo
The english championship is the 6th highest paid league in the world - so there may be a few palyers in the SPL on more money that the Championship and most of them play for the Old firm - our wage bill in less than the average championship team

Cardiff are a pretty average Championship team and in the last 2 years their wage bill has been reported to be

1. ?750K/month - i.e. ?9million/year

2. ?8.3 million/year - I think this was in the court documents for the recent case between Ridsdale and hamman

Whatever to believe both these numbers are a good bit less than we've spent the last few years.

They are losers and their manager is a nonce.

Come to think of it, they'd fit right in at Tynecastle.

:sad:

:eek::)

Absolutely, the 'Championship' is probably one of the most (if not the most) over-inflated league in the world. With Premiership parachute payments and a hefty Sky deal of their own players in that division can earn an absolute fortune.

Guys like Hasslebaink and Fowler earn the big bucks for historical reasons (i.e. they once played at the top and can still command big wages) but there are some very, very ordinary players in that league earning outrageous salaries.

Seymour M Hersh
would sign mcnaughton in a second on the performances i have seen from him this season.

And how many is that?

Cardiff are a pretty average Championship team and in the last 2 years their wage bill has been reported to be

1. ?750K/month - i.e. ?9million/year

2. ?8.3 million/year - I think this was in the court documents for the recent case between Ridsdale and hamman

Whatever to believe both these numbers are a good bit less than we've spent the last few years.

I'd have said "A little bit" as opposed to "A good bit"

In terms of recent history the two clubs are of very similar financial stature.

There are a few more stats here

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_cardiff.htm

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/sco_hearts.htm

Cardiff Turned over significantly more money in 2003/04, Hearts turned over a lot more in our Cup Final season 2005/06. It's a safe bet that Cardiff turned over more this season.

When Cardiff made a profit in 2005-06 it was their first in years. Assuming the Craig Gordon money makes last season profitable it will be Hearts first in years as well

I've had young Aaron Ramsey in my Hearts squad in FM2008 since the very first season.

He's now 23 (2014) and my vice-captain.

(PS. I signed him in a player swap with.......... Mikey Stewart)

Glamorgan Jambo
I'd have said "A little bit" as opposed to "A good bit"

In terms of recent history the two clubs are of very similar financial stature.

There are a few more stats here

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_cardiff.htm

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/sco_hearts.htm

Cardiff Turned over significantly more money in 2003/04, Hearts turned over a lot more in our Cup Final season 2005/06. It's a safe bet that Cardiff turned over more this season.

When Cardiff made a profit in 2005-06 it was their first in years. Assuming the Craig Gordon money makes last season profitable it will be Hearts first in years as well

If you do the maths ?8.3M is 2/3 of ?12.5 million so in my money that's a 'good' amount.

The Sky deal for the championship/league1/league2 is not particularly lucrative according to my CCFC contacts. Hearts get a lot more air time on Setanta.

One of the reasons Fowler was signed, and part of his contract, was to shift merchandise. Last summer there was a huge number of kids wandering around in Fowler 10 shirts.

Anyway the point of the thread is that the average wage at Cardiff is lower than the average wage at HMFC while off the top of my head most of the Cardiff team would walk into the Hearts team (McNaughton, Johnson, Loovens, Capaldi, Ramsey, Ledley, McPhail and possibly Parry/Whittingham)

bobsinclar
If you do the maths ?8.3M is 2/3 of ?12.5 million so in my money that's a 'good' amount.

The Sky deal for the championship/league1/league2 is not particularly lucrative according to my CCFC contacts. Hearts get a lot more air time on Setanta.

One of the reasons Fowler was signed, and part of his contract, was to shift merchandise. Last summer there was a huge number of kids wandering around in Fowler 10 shirts.

Anyway the point of the thread is that the average wage at Cardiff is lower than the average wage at HMFC while off the top of my head most of the Cardiff team would walk into the Hearts team (McNaughton, Johnson, Loovens, Capaldi, Ramsey, Ledley, McPhail and possibly Parry/Whittingham)

Exactly my point. :) Surely Hearts should be able to attract some good talent from the championship.

Glamorgan Jambo
Exactly my point. :) Surely Hearts should be able to attract some good talent from the championship.

Aye but you need a decent and trusted scouting network to do that... not Vlad watching videos and Pedro scouting players on his hols. McGhee knows the championship pretty well though if the rumours end up being true.

bobsinclar
Aye but you need a decent and trusted scouting network to do that... not Vlad watching videos and Pedro scouting players on his hols. McGhee knows the championship pretty well though if the rumours end up being true.

Very true.

Archived