***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Chris Benoit

Good to hear.

How was Alexander? Vocal enough?

Tore a strip off Gomis after he lost the ball (his only mistake all game) and gave East Fife a chance. Didn't have much to do though.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m not sure myself and maybe Dexter will answer you but even if he was in limbo, eventually someone would come in for him.

His relationship with Levein, coupled with our stature as a club, no doubt swayed him. We probably got in there fast before anyone did show interest,

Yeah I'm not denying that and agree - I was just interested in who we fought off to land him mate. Nae biggie :)

Guest GhostHunter

Idris Elba

250008116.jpg

Morgaro Gomis

40812_pro.jpg

According to the wife, who's suddenly developed an interest in all things Hearts.

Hmmm.

Yeah I'm not denying that and agree - I was just interested in who we fought off to land him mate. Nae biggie :)

Aberdeen offered him a deal on more money than he is getting with us.

Cracking signing.

colinmaroon

Idris Elba

250008116.jpg

Morgaro Gomis

40812_pro.jpg

According to the wife, who's suddenly developed an interest in all things Hearts.

Hmmm.

Need I point out?

Cracking signing.

Nice one.

And aye, looks to be.

The_razors_edge

Thought the big fella did very well up front. Presumably he's not trained with the team yet otherwise someone ITK would have informed us all? So on the basis of never having met his team mates and being thrust in to the action from the off I was pleasantly surprised. Big, strong, link up play was good, happy to mix up his movement (willing to drop deep and make runs behind) and had a couple of efforts on goal. Just don't let him take free kicks! Gomis was excellent and I'm putting my baws on the line here but I think he'll be our most important signing we make this summer. The whole back 4 strolled through the game and it was pleasing to see Alexander looking to role the ball out at every opportunity (I reckon he kicked the ball a total of about 3 times in 90 mins). I was also very impressed with Gary Oliver. Good movement, very strong for a young lad, great finish for disallowed goal and good header for 2nd goal. Dare I say but I reckon he's better than carrick

Cracking signing.

Seriously?

They where defintely after him last summer.

Wow.

AFC are an attractive proposition.

Probably the though of working with Levein again then.

A few names mentioned, same source that told me about Alexander. I'll PM you man :thumbsup:

I'll take a PM please

Wow.

AFC are an attractive proposition.

Probably the though of working with Levein again then.

I'm thinking that too - CL not only had him at Dundee Utd but also Cowdenbeath and showed belief in him to bring him full time so he's probably hoping he can have the same effect again after a poor couple of seasons.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Aberdeen appear to be trying to recreate the mid-2000s Dundee Utd.

kylelauren01

Issue with Gomis is he doesn't drive as he struggles with the theory part. His wife has to drive him down or he stays with friends in Edinburgh. This would have made Aberdeen unattractive for him. He has a great relationship with Levein which sealed the deal.

kylelauren01

Sow has not trained with the team so makes any link up play today doubly impressive. I'm hopeful he is the link we're currently missing.

Very impressed with Gomis, Ozturk, Wilson, Sow(even today he shows possibilities). Prince Bauben may need to try a wee bit harder if we sign him. Last years players McHattie Nicholson King Paterson looked comfortable Oliver impressed with both his goals (I'm sure his first was onside). Alexander nothing much to do but what he did do was safe and professional.

Man City will be a big test on Friday so Robbie needs to at least pick his best starting 11 to try them out.

Gomis and Ozturk strolled the game today. Big guy at the back so composed on the ball, his touch and turn in there box in the first half was quality for a big cb. Sow started off slowly but looks a decent player will give us different option upfront, good first touch and held the ball up well. Him and wee Oliver looked good together for 60mins or so before the big man went off. Looking at the dugout when he went off all the coaching staff looked happy with his performance. In general we played some decent stuff...all short sharp stuff. Very optimistic for the season ahead.

willie wallace

i thought they played really well for about an hour before the game petered out a bit,Kept the ball well with some slick passing and interplay and Sow handled himself pretty well bar the free kick.I am not sure Alexander played the ball long the whole game and we were always trying to build from the back.As others have said it was a stroll for Gomis

It seemed like an NFL defence/offence change over at substitution time and i liked the stadium announcer's call that the Hearts fans could figure it out for themselves.Apparently Jack Hamilton was being held back for the penalties.

First time at the new ground and was quite impressed.Lovely view from the stand,free parking at the door and a couple of bars thrown in.Not bad at all.

Their steak pies were no bad either.didnt run out which was good.plenty folk buying them.cheap as chips.

Anyone got links for highlights?

Highlights are up on Hearts TV so would be good if someone was able to do that magic thing that allows the non subscribers to see them.

Snake Plissken

Don't care about the result but it sounds like we're progressing nicely.

Decent friendly result, I'm just more concerned about more minutes of the Alexander-Wilson-Ozturk axis. Money in the bank.

I'm really taken aback by the surprise from Hearts fans about Gomis. Must've played at least a dozen games against us.

I'm really taken aback by the surprise from Hearts fans about Gomis. Must've played at least a dozen games against us.

He isn't an ex player, he isn't a hearts 'man'.

You can see why folks are reticent....

He isn't an ex player, he isn't a hearts 'man'.

You can see why folks are reticent....

I see what you are saying, but there seems genuine surprise he's a good player. Imagine if we'd signed Boyd? The chat like they've never seen him play...

"...he doesn't look all that mobile but decent in the air and I think he will score goals for us."

I see what you are saying, but there seems genuine surprise he's a good player. Imagine if we'd signed Boyd? The chat like they've never seen him play...

"...he doesn't look all that mobile but decent in the air and I think he will score goals for us."

Sorry I was being a bit sarccy.

Anyone that watched hearts be regularly and systematically gubbed by United whilst he was there and can recognise why that happened should have been absolutely delighted for us to get Gomis.

Gigolo-Aunt

:rofl:

Gregory House M.D.

That's the thing. Boyd and of course all strikers are more noticable than midfielders. Also, if they score a couple against you and are top scorers you remember their scoring exploits more than you remember a midfielder bossing games against you.

Strikers also feature heavily in highlights (obviously) whereas midfielders don't as much unless they are providing assists.

That's what I think anyway. Always aware Gomis and Buaben were very good against us though.

tartofmidlothian

Decent friendly result, I'm just more concerned about more minutes of the Alexander-Wilson-Ozturk axis. Money in the bank.

I think it's because he struggled to get a game for United last season. If he'd come to us last summer (as Locke wanted, apparently) his reputation would be unblemished.

@JamTarts: As a wee treat, here's HeartsTV's extended highlights of the 3-0 win over East Fife yesterday!

@JamTarts: As a wee treat, here's HeartsTV's extended highlights of the 3-0 win over East Fife yesterday!

Is that the new goalie top aye? :lol:

Snake Plissken

Sow looks a player.

Obviously not the greatest opposition but he won't have done his chances any harm on that showing. My feeling is he'll be offered a deal if Neilson likes what he sees in training next week.

Isn't it great to be talking about the sort of options we'll have next season?

Sorry I was being a bit sarccy.

Anyone that watched hearts be regularly and systematically gubbed by United whilst he was there and can recognise why that happened should have been absolutely delighted for us to get Gomis.

I know, I got it. ;)

It was just the other part of this post I was getting at. He's hounded us previously.

Guest GhostHunter

Sow clearly needing some training sessions - blawing oot his erchie after the goal :D

That said though, he doesn't half look good.

Gregory House M.D.

?zt?rk looks so classy :wub:

Why is CP wearing different boots ?

They're both Nikes - but different styles....

phoca_thumb_l_East%20Fife%20v%20Hearts%20120714n.jpg

One of the orange boots was hurting him so they gave him the green one as the replacement.

when i saw the physio,rob get his other pair i thought that CP would have swapped over but obviously not.

Archived