Time for a change in attitude amongst our fans.

Jabba

RustyRightPeg

I strongly believe we will be up there. I hope I'm wrong, but the only way I can see this league going is us playing promising, counter attacking football week in week out, with a couple of games been should've won rather than actually won. As for Hubs, I see them being a decent footballing side with a new philosophy, but 0 cutting edge and the lack of a goalscorer at this stage. As for Der Gers I see them grinding out lucky wins with Kris Boyd scoring a lot of goals and carrying the rest of his team on his huge back, with Kenny Miller on his hands and knees chasing him like a lost puppy.

The Rangers will be the bookies favourites to win the league but they will defo face stiff competion most weeks. The Cowdenbeaths, Dumbartons & Alloas of this world should not be taken for granted. Long gone are the days when The Rangers just need to turn up and walk away with the 3 points. Although the same can be said for the other potential challengers to the throne I think that with QUEEN Anne, PRINCE Bauban & KING Billy on our side then the HEARTS have certainly stole a march.

No reason at all to fear The Rangers as they most definately are not the team they once were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudolf's Mate

We should challenge, no doubt about it.

As others have said, it's not the bigger teams in the league which will cause is issues and most likely the so called lesser who'll play out their skins.

That said, the same applies to newco.

Getintaethem

While I agree with the sentiments, I think it's also important to understand that we are taking a long term approach. We're building a team over the next three years, our squad is still young and will develop together. This team should be capable of promotion but will also stand us in good stead to compete in the premiership. Rangers seem to be adopting a spend to succeed policy which may gain promotion but will mean a complete rebuild when they get to the top league, it remains to be seen if this will result in further financial problems for them.

I'm happy with the sensible approach that we are taking, the fans need to show patience this season however.

While I agree with the sentiments, I think it's also important to understand that we are taking a long term approach. We're building a team over the next three years, our squad is still young and will develop together. This team should be capable of promotion but will also stand us in good stead to compete in the premiership. Rangers seem to be adopting a spend to succeed policy which may gain promotion but will mean a complete rebuild when they get to the top league, it remains to be seen if this will result in further financial problems for them.

I'm happy with the sensible approach that we are taking, the fans need to show patience this season however.

Absolutely nailed it.

As long as Rangers have a failed tv "personality" masquerading as a football manager in charge, I'll be expecting to comfortably beat them.

Agreed. He looks like he is falling apart at the seams. Appearance and behaviour increasingly erratic.

More than ever, any 'success' Rangers are having is down almost entirely to their ability* to outspend the 3 lower divisions budget in it's entirety

* spivvery may be a made up but more appropriate word here

after decades of cheating from the refs u cant blame people for being pessimistic about our chances of winning the league

I'm glad that in RN we have someone who grew to expect to beat the Old Firm rather than hold to the usual entrenched belief that they are unbeatable. It's a shame that so many of our fans are still so negative in that respect.

We have seen Rangers struggle in so many important games that they should be breezing through over the last couple of seasons. I see no reason for that not to continue. They seem to have a knack of not unlocking potential ability in players who have previously looked very talented.

If RN is able to make the players believe that they have nothing to fear then anything is possible this season. Injuries and suspension will be our biggest problem so if we get some good luck on that front, and rangers some bad, I firmly believe we will compete for top spot.

I do have a tendency to view matters with maroon-tinted glasses but surely that is better than rolling over and surrendering hope before a ball has even been kicked.

The attitude of the fans and everyone around Tynie will have a huge impact on such a young squad. I'd love to see our support cast off the negativity that seems inherent in so many Scottish people. Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that perspective was gone when we beat the team formerly known as Rangers to lift the Cup back in 1998.

Anyway The Rangers will have a shock coming to them, we will be 2nd favourites to win the Championship although I dont see any reason why we cannot finish top. Also our schemie neighbours will be desperate to gain promotion at the first attempt. So Der Hun wont find the Championship the walk in the park that their fan seem to think it will be.

punkrockcroc

I firmly believe we can win this league but I see Falkirk as a big threat as well as dodgy refereeing decisions when we play sevco, sevco may have a bigger squad but not necassacerily the best.

I firmly believe we can win this league but I see Falkirk as a big threat as well as dodgy refereeing decisions when we play sevco, sevco may have a bigger squad but not necassacerily the best.

Boyd and Miller will get 50 goals between them

Easy tiger.

scott_jambo

Only 50?

Kris Boyd scored 25 last season for a poor Killie team in the Prem.

Boyd will get at least 30. Depends on Miller.

oilrig jambo

I think there are a number of factors that, combined, make it too difficult to call. I think the Championship will be Salary's first real test as a manager. However, it's also going to be Robby's first real test as a manager, too. And Stubbs's. I wouldn't for a second discount teams like Falkirk from putting in a challenge.

Hearts should absolutely not go into games against Rangers with anything to fear. But would we settle now for a point away in the first game of the new season? Let's face it, it would be a good point. I wouldn't want us to go with the intention of only getting a point, though.

I sometimes feel the problem with challenging the OF (I'm going to call them that for the sake of shorthand) is that teams feel that taking points off the OF is what matters. Beating every other team is equally, if not more, important. Only by doing that will we be in a position to make the results against Rangers really matter.

Never ignore history we are told, well if you look at the history of all the teams who have won the league over the OF they have all been able to go to Glasgow and come back with points, plus the capability of gubbing them on your own patch. If we are to win this league I feel it is essential that we take the bulk of the points(7) in the head to heads with the Rangers as well as consistency in the other games

We should be aiming to win every game we play in this league, and I'm hoping the attitude is 'we can be top'. I'm certain it is and the players & management have the belief.

That said, however, you cannot underestimate the influence Sevco have, for example other smaller clubs playing at Ibrokes, they tend to bottle it & of course officials are, to put it mildy, more than willing to treat them in a different manner to us. So, getting 1st is our primary aim, but if we come 2nd, it won't be a major disaster.

Spot on

I Beleive a Championship title next season would be one of the greatest achievements in the clubs history

rudi must stay

I'm glad that in RN we have someone who grew to expect to beat the Old Firm rather than hold to the usual entrenched belief that they are unbeatable. It's a shame that so many of our fans are still so negative in that respect.

We have seen Rangers struggle in so many important games that they should be breezing through over the last couple of seasons. I see no reason for that not to continue. They seem to have a knack of not unlocking potential ability in players who have previously looked very talented.

If RN is able to make the players believe that they have nothing to fear then anything is possible this season. Injuries and suspension will be our biggest problem so if we get some good luck on that front, and rangers some bad, I firmly believe we will compete for top spot.

I do have a tendency to view matters with maroon-tinted glasses but surely that is better than rolling over and surrendering hope before a ball has even been kicked.

The attitude of the fans and everyone around Tynie will have a huge impact on such a young squad. I'd love to see our support cast off the negativity that seems inherent in so many Scottish people. Anything is possible.

Its the obsession with Hibs that I don't like. We seem obsessed with their every move, we should worry about ourselves first

Never ignore history we are told, well if you look at the history of all the teams who have won the league over the OF they have all been able to go to Glasgow and come back with points, plus the capability of gubbing them on your own patch. If we are to win this league I feel it is essential that we take the bulk of the points(7) in the head to heads with the Rangers as well as consistency in the other games

its a fair point and I know hindsight is a great thing but if we'd managed victories over the OF in the league back in 98 we might have win the title.

Another aspect is winning key games when it really matters and more often than not alot of them are against the OF. Getting that 3 points instead of a draw at crucial times can be the difference or not throwing away the points when in command.

I think of the 3-2 defeat to Celtic in 06 after being 2 up. Learning to cope with pressure situations is important.

Tommy Wiseau

Rangers have better players than us. That's the truth of it. Whether that will translate on the park after 2 years of playing against brickies and greengrocers is another matter.

Rangers have better players than us. That's the truth of it. Whether that will translate on the park after 2 years of playing against brickies and greengrocers is another matter.

in a nutshell.

What we also know is they'll continue to add others until the cash runs out again. The consequences for them if another season in this league would be almost b inevitable administration again, so they'll roll the dice.

Belief of the fans at this stage means nowt.

Only 50?

Kris Boyd scored 25 last season for a poor Killie team in the Prem.

Boyd will get at least 30. Depends on Miller.

It would be handy if he (KB) could score 5 against Alloa and Cowdenbeath (and Hibs) each time they play but struggle against us and 2 or three others.

I'd be happy for him to score 50 for the season.

scott_jambo

It would be handy if he (KB) could score 5 against Alloa and Cowdenbeath (and Hibs) each time they play but struggle against us and 2 or three others.

I'd be happy for him to score 50 for the season.

We could always ask him?

Watt-Zeefuik

Need to take 4 points off of them at the very least, hopefully 6 or more. My biggest concern is triangles with Blackie-Boyd-Miller, but I think Miller is slowing down and will be less of a threat.

The best time to get a result at Ibrox will be the first game. The fans are currently demoralized as their board fight over who can steal the most money out of the club, so I anticipate the atmosphere being a bit weak, and the players (aside from Boyd and Zal) won't have played a fully professional side in a competitive match in ages. Knock them back early and get them questioning themselves, we've got a real shot at the title.

rossthejambo

I do find it laughable that people see Falkirk as as big a threat, or in some cases a bigger threat, than Rangers. Incredible really.

I do find it laughable that people see Falkirk as as big a threat, or in some cases a bigger threat, than Rangers. Incredible really.

this its like claiming scotland will get independence when its been a rank 10/1 outsider for over a year

rudi must stay

They are a much bigger threat IMO. Houston is a better manager than McCoist, and they have lots of very good young players who could hurt us. Would be a mistake to underestimate them

punkrockcroc

I find it laughable that many on here are shit scared of sevco, FFS we are Hearts and we fear no one come ahead.

I find it laughable that many on here are shit scared of sevco, FFS we are Hearts and we fear no one come ahead.

Who is showing fear?

Ok the threat from sevco.

they've got easily the best squad in the league and are big favourites. Anyone who thinks Falkirk or Hibs are a bigger threat is kidding themselves on.

julienbrellier

Not too many negative fans that I have spoken to. There is an air of positivity around the club just now which can only help next seasons efforts to win the league. Plus, we appear to have made excellent signings. We should have nothing to fear and I fully expect us to win the league next season.

We are Hearts FFS, we don't bottle it and are more than capable of going the distance. Leave it to the Hibs fans to drown in their own negativity and self-pity and inevitably come close to being relegated next season.

its a fair point and I know hindsight is a great thing but if we'd managed victories over the OF in the league back in 98 we might have win the title.

Another aspect is winning key games when it really matters and more often than not alot of them are against the OF. Getting that 3 points instead of a draw at crucial times can be the difference or not throwing away the points when in command.

I think of the 3-2 defeat to Celtic in 06 after being 2 up. Learning to cope with pressure situations is important.

We totally dominated that game until Brines sent off Taki - a red card that was rescinded.

rossthejambo

They are a much bigger threat IMO. Houston is a better manager than McCoist, and they have lots of very good young players who could hurt us. Would be a mistake to underestimate them

Nobody's underestimating them.

You're talking pish though if you genuinely think they're a bigger threat than Rangers.

rudi must stay

Nobody's underestimating them.

You're talking pish though if you genuinely think they're a bigger threat than Rangers.

We'll see. Their academy is one of the best in the country

Archived