We're gonna be solid

Heartsfc_1874

Heartsfc_1874

I reckon come the start of season we'll be so lid ozturk/Wilson and Alexander already haven't conceded between them and were winning against good opposition only two games in with more signings on way.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson McHattie

Buaben Gomis

Nicholson Holt El Hassanaoui

Keatings

Bring on Der Hun

Henderson plays a friendly and suddenly he is Pavel Nedved.

McHattie is improving all the time, he is one of the best tacklers we have and he is good in dead ball situations.

Hopefully the case but we need to build on that and put a bit of emphasis on attack.

We've got a tough start to our season so wins in our first few games could be massive, especially from a psychological point of view.

Dalstonjambo

McHattie is improving all the time, he is one of the best tacklers we have and he is good in dead ball situations.

think he was joking mate. See the thread on Henderson from earlier.

think he was joking mate. See the thread on Henderson from earlier.

Opened it earlier read the first post and closed it.

Some threads even I can't get by the OP.

Dalstonjambo

Opened it earlier read the first post and closed it.

Some threads even I can't get by the OP.

Ha ha. Was a classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McHattie is a young lad and a very good footballer. He still has a lot of potential to fulfil and I'm sure he will.

I reckon come the start of season we'll be so lid ozturk/Wilson and Alexander already haven't conceded between them and were winning against good opposition only two games in with more signings on way.

Alexander

Buaben Gomis

Nicholson Holt El Hassanaoui

Keatings

Bring on Der Hun

I hope El has,,, El hasa... the dutch guy is good. Still too soon to say he will be starting- has he even trained yet? But I agree, I have high hopes for the lad but for now I wouldn't have him in my team until i've seen him play and I hope he shines straight away.

Mchattie didn't get much of a break last season, will take time for him to recoup confidence - even longer if people assign him target for negativity.

Weren't leeds interested in him in the Mcglynn season ? says a lot about potential

I like McHattie but I think he he's to ground far to easily.

McHattie has a style that I picked up on that has its risks.

When the ball is played down the line he forces his man onto the outside and then makes up the 2 yards he gives them to do this and slide tackles the ball out.

He comes in for stick when the players he is up against are too fast and he can't make up the ground but even then it gives our centre backs time to pick up the runners. Sadly last season this was not McGowan or McKays strong points.

scots civil war

mchattie should have a style that makes all the punters happy after the coaching staff see to him this season i reckon

Nedved was a midfielder, can't really compare the two

McHattie needs to improve his concentration and awareness, that`s his biggest fault imo.

Nedved was a midfielder, can't really compare the two

He roamed the left side defensively and offensively. He was like a wing back before there were any wing backs. Your right though he was never classed as a left back. The way the game is played today you can make some comparison.

Gene Parmesan

Holt was tremendous playing as one of the deeper midfielders last season after returning from injury, so see no need to shoehorn him in behind the striker again. He'll pivot with Gomis, IMO.

RN has also lined up pretty much 4-4-1-1 in every formation so far. For me, the team as it stands is (with Soufian still to kick a ball):

Alexander

Nicholson Holt Gomis Walker

Keatings Carrick

Tasavallan

McHattie ahead of Henderson?

Of course.

Hendo was playing U19 youth football for Hutchie last season and unlike Jason Cummings he has not had the benefit of half a season in the U20s before getting promoted to the 1st team.

I was speaking with a few parents of the Hutchie U19s and we were all surprised that Hearts gave Hendo a contract. He was certainly prone to the odd lapse of concentration. Perhaps because he is a big strong laddie, CL/RN saw something in him.

He roamed the left side defensively and offensively. He was like a wing back before there were any wing backs. Your right though he was never classed as a left back. The way the game is played today you can make some comparison.

Really? My memories of him was always in the attacking 3rd I'm sure at the Lazio, Juventus and the Czech Republic all had decent left backs (Zambrotta to name one)

invernessjt

Really? My memories of him was always in the attacking 3rd I'm sure at the Lazio, Juventus and the Czech Republic all had decent left backs (Zambrotta to name one)

Spot on. He was an attacking midfielder who always had a LB playing behind him (Favalli at Lazio).

letsalldothebeattie

The squad looks solid now we have options in most areas while we could still add to others. Good to go into a season with some decent options for the team. Midfield looks good with the wingers we have plus Holt, Robinson, Gomis and potentially Currie & or Buaben coming in as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavel Nedved was never defensive!

Holt was tremendous playing as one of the deeper midfielders last season after returning from injury, so see no need to shoehorn him in behind the striker again. He'll pivot with Gomis, IMO.

RN has also lined up pretty much 4-4-1-1 in every formation so far. For me, the team as it stands is (with Soufian still to kick a ball):

Alexander

Nicholson Holt Gomis Walker

Keatings Carrick

Pretty much agree. Only thing I'd suggest (accepting I've not seen either game) was that I thought Walker had played on the right during pre-season.

Chris Benoit

Pretty much agree. Only thing I'd suggest (accepting I've not seen either game) was that I thought Walker had played on the right during pre-season.

I'm sure he did on Thursday and going by the goals from yesterday Nicholson came in from the left to score and Walker took his shot from the right for Oliver's goal.

Early morning and I read this thread title as "We're gonna be sold".

#retro

Glad it wasn't just me. Got the specs on now though.

Weebroon98

I think that Mchattie will come on loads this season learning of CL/RN

PaulHartley10

So what is our formation going to be? Are they going to play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 all the way through the ranks?

Gene Parmesan

Yeah the wings will probably be quite interchangeable. I like Walker better cutting inside than going to the byline and crossing. Don't want it to be construed as a "pop" but I think he's behind Nicholson, Smith and King in terms of his delivery.

Yeah the wings will probably be quite interchangeable. I like Walker better cutting inside than going to the byline and crossing. Don't want it to be construed as a "pop" but I think he's behind Nicholson, Smith and King in terms of his delivery.

Not a pop, it's a cast iron fact, I'd put Smith and King slightly ahead of Nicholson though

Walker isn't terrible but the other guys are definitely better

We_are_the_Hearts

Not a pop, it's a cast iron fact, I'd put Smith and King slightly ahead of Nicholson though

Walker isn't terrible but the other guys are definitely better

Cast iron fact? No it's not.

Chris Benoit

Cast iron fact? No it's not.

So Walker is a better crosser than Smith, King and Nicholson then?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Walker and Nicholson are considerably better footballers than Smith and King at this stage.

RustyRightPeg

Walker and Nicholson are considerably better footballers than Smith and King at this stage.

King IMO has more potential than Walker. I know a few of the lads and they say he is very very shy and keeps everything close to his chest. in training he is up there with the best we have. Everyone knows that confidence is a huge thing in football and we seen glimpses of his best at the tail end of last year where he scored a couple of goals, end of the season came at the wrong time for him and I'm just hoping that he gets more starts than he did under GL and a chance to properly show his worth.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:cornette:

You must be thinking of a different Pavel Nedved.

Completely agree. Whilst he's my least favourite of the four, I'd suggest that Smith is the best crosser of the four. Walker's best work is done inside as opposed to outside, IMO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I love these imaginary team line ups. As if we are going to play with the same XI week in week out!!!! And on the evidence of a few poxy friendlies. Hang fire until August, that's when life truly begins for the new regime. Still its fun to speculate

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Completely agree. Whilst he's my least favourite of the four, I'd suggest that Smith is the best crosser of the four. Walker's best work is done inside as opposed to outside, IMO.

Smiths crosses can quite often end up behind the goal, he is very miss or hit. Nicholson has the greatest potential but for me Walker is top of the queue here, which is not surprising since he and Smith are more experienced.

Not convinced Walker is an out and out winger.

And of the guys mentioned, Smith is the only one that regularly gets quick crosses in. Walker and Nicholson have both been played primarily on the left before now. And king has played wide or floating.

Of the 4, talent wise I'd go Nicholson first, Walker ahead of King just, then Smith.

It all depends how we are going to be set up next season as to hoe we play. Paterson and Mchattie could be asked to get in as many crosses as our 'wide' players.

And a quick finally that Walker can't cross a ball.

Remember the one he put on Sutton's napper a foot from goal to put us 2 up in the League Cup Final. What might have been.

Smiths crosses can quite often end up behind the goal, he is very miss or hit. Nicholson has the greatest potential but for me Walker is top of the queue here, which is not surprising since he and Smith are more experienced.

Fairly standard for a winger, just look at some of the crosses ?47 Million De Maria put in for Argentina. I don't want to slate the laddie but I don't see Smith making it, however he can cross the ball. Nicholson and King finished the season very well and I'd expect them to be very near our first eleven, or in our matchday eighteen at least.

Fairly standard for a winger, just look at some of the crosses ?47 Million De Maria put in for Argentina. I don't want to slate the laddie but I don't see Smith making it, however he can cross the ball. Nicholson and King finished the season very well and I'd expect them to be very near our first eleven, or in our matchday eighteen at least.

I think Smith will. Whether he makes it as a winger or not is up for debate.

RustyRightPeg

Not convinced Walker is an out and out winger.

And of the guys mentioned, Smith is the only one that regularly gets quick crosses in. Walker and Nicholson have both been played primarily on the left before now. And king has played wide or floating.

Of the 4, talent wise I'd go Nicholson first, Walker ahead of King just, then Smith.

It all depends how we are going to be set up next season as to hoe we play. Paterson and Mchattie could be asked to get in as many crosses as our 'wide' players.

And a quick finally that Walker can't cross a ball.

Remember the one he put on Sutton's napper a foot from goal to put us 2 up in the League Cup Final. What might have been.

Remember last year away to Partick on a Friday night, Walker gave a pen away at one end, from kick off came inside and started to float about 'in the hole' picked the ball up, played a one two then scored a belter. Decent example to go by..

Said it last year and still maintain I'm right - Walker needs to get off the wing and into a central role. Locke tried him there against St Mirren last game of the season and he had a lot more impact than he'd had in his previous few games. He's direct and quick, if he gets plenty of the ball he'll cause problems for the opposition and open up space for Carrick and/or Keatings.

He's a good player and I think he'll develop well under Neilson and Crawford. Gomis holding with Holt and Walker ahead of him especially at Tynie will not be a pleasant 90 minutes for many a defence. You add a hopefully improving Nicholson into it and its quick tricky attack which in this league should see us score plenty. Patterson and Mchattie can get forward also - some shift for Gomis but one I'm sure he can cope with!

grantaitchie8

I think Smith will. Whether he makes it as a winger or not is up for debate.

I think Smith may be more effective through the middle as a striker. Although he's arguably the best crosser of a ball we have. Could be a big player for us this season. As most people are looking at Nicholson and Walker as being 2 of the key players for us, him and King are working away, with maybe not as much attention on them.

Archived