Setanta Sports (Non HMFC)

:shitwine:

:shitwine:

For the umpteenth time this year, my Setanta Sports 1 (on Virgin Media) has frozen/cut to black during a live game. Today, it cut out during the 42nd minute (not too long after Dailly's goal), and it didn't come back until Motherwell's lap of honour (you know, after all the meaningful action had ended).

I'd really just like to know if this is an isolated case, or if anyone else is struggling with SS1? I'm assuming it's Virgin Media's fault more than Setanta's , so can any other Virgin Media customers help me out here?

I watched the game from an online feed, via Thailand I think, never cut out once. Get onto Virgin, ask them to check your setup, could be faulty connection and / or hardware.

The Old Tolbooth

I tried to cancel Setanta about 8 weeks ago and found out that they make it incredibly difficult to do so.

I spoke to an automated machine first of all, and then it's press 1 for this, and 4 for that, and then you get to leave a message ffs, you don't even get to talk to anyone!!

So I cancelled my direct debit and hit them where it hurts, and within 24 hours they were on the phone wanting to talk to me, shame I didn't answer! It took them 4 weeks to cut me off properly and if they think I'm paying them a tenner for the time it took to stop the channel then they get GTF.

Archived