Tall

boris johnson

boris johnson

Rumour was he was on ?10,000 per week? is this an indisputable figure or just paper talk?

Thanks chaps:)

I Am The Mayor, so all Hobos and Newt-Loving Livingstonians everywhere, Get it Right Up You All:shade:

Commander Harris

the oft quoted figure on JKB was 8k. who knows how true that is?

Tynecastle Valhalla

I heard from a friend who is an accountant that he knows Tall's accountant and he is on ?8k basic wage a week with add ons that can sumount to ?12k per week.

Presumably these add ons include an appearance fee as he has not featured on so many occaisions where he should have.

vlad is mad.

Not sure about Tall's wages. But one thing is for sure the wage bill must have shrunk beyond recognition from where it was a couple of years ago. I now count only 22/23 first team players on the club website. That's not counting youngsters who have never featured or have only featured once or twice.

I live in hope that this is preparation for a new manager bringing in his own targets.

chester copperpot
the oft quoted figure on JKB was 8k. who knows how true that is?

This is true, dont know if that had appearance money attached to it though. Thats probably the basic figure.

Stewart MacD

Some of the money saved should be put in front of a top manager.

Rawrrrrrrr
Not sure about Tall's wages. But one thing is for sure the wage bill must have shrunk beyond recognition from where it was a couple of years ago. I now count only 22/23 first team players on the club website. That's not counting youngsters who have never featured or have only featured once or twice.

I live in hope that this is preparation for a new manager bringing in his own targets.

and why wouldnt you count them

Of course you count the likes of pelosi, doherty etc etc when their on a reputed 500-1k a week

Our "first team" squad as im aware is as follows, now of course people will claim we shouldnt include the dross but they are being paid, im basing this on those who are too old for the 19's and remember this will be boasted in pre season with last years "graduates"

Banks

Basso

Macdonald

Thomson

Neilson

Divine

Pelosi

Wallace

Jose

Berra

Sives

Karapidis

Zaliuckas

Lithgow

Taylor

Armstrong J

Armstrong D

Doherty

Miko

Chesney

Beslija

Mackle

Ivaskevicius

Park

Driver

Ksanvicius

Eggert

Bruno

Stewart

Kingston

Ruben

Screpsis

McLaughlin

Elliot

Makela

Nade

Pinilla

Mole

Ive not included the first team players like glen who are still young enough for the u19's or those who will be promoted next season - and theirs a fair few if they aren't ruthless

Thats 38 players already who can play between the first team and reserves only, your talking another 5-10 coming in from the 19's i reckon (Bjornson, Kelly, McGowan, Kostadinov, Templeton) , are the ones I know

So basically we are back upto a first team squad of 40 + players next season before we start

Now people will say oh we will move on but the majority of those listed are simply too expensive for what they are and we will struggle

We could well end up with another era of almost 50 FT squad members

No wonder we are a laughing stock, especially when about half of them should actually be here - highlighted .

The figure was around ?9000 per week,GB said it somewhere that he could get 2 or 3 good players for the squad that would cost that on wages,he didn't say that Tall wasn't any good ,just that he didn't think he was worth that kind of wage.

Just wondering who was right in that argument?

Rawrrrrrrr
The figure was around ?9000 per week,GB said it somewhere that he could get 2 or 3 good players for the squad that would cost that on wages,he didn't say that Tall wasn't any good ,just that he didn't think he was worth that kind of wage.

Just wondering who was right in that argument?

Tall had a good 6 months were he was a classy centre half worth a pretty decent wage, but for the majority of the 3 years he was a liability

He had a bad habit of marking the wrong side of men, and he loved a suicidal foot across the man challenge, great header of the ball mind

Id have kept him if he was willing to half his wages, but burly was right in he was never worth almost 10k

For me he is better than karapidis though/

and why wouldnt you count them

Of course you count the likes of pelosi, doherty etc etc when their on a reputed 500-1k a week

Our "first team" squad as im aware is as follows, now of course people will claim we shouldnt include the dross but they are being paid, im basing this on those who are too old for the 19's and remember this will be boasted in pre season with last years "graduates"

Banks

Basso

Macdonald

Thomson

Neilson

Divine

Pelosi

Wallace

Jose

Berra

Sives

Karapidis

Zaliuckas

Lithgow

Taylor

Armstrong J

Armstrong D

Doherty

Miko

Chesney

Beslija

Mackle

Ivaskevicius

Park

Driver

Ksanvicius

Eggert

Bruno

Stewart

Kingston

Ruben

Screpsis

McLaughlin

Elliot

Makela

Nade

Pinilla

Mole

Ive not included the first team players like glen who are still young enough for the u19's or those who will be promoted next season - and theirs a fair few if they aren't ruthless

Thats 38 players already who can play between the first team and reserves only, your talking another 5-10 coming in from the 19's i reckon (Bjornson, Kelly, McGowan, Kostadinov, Templeton) , are the ones I know

So basically we are back upto a first team squad of 40 + players next season before we start

Now people will say oh we will move on but the majority of those listed are simply too expensive for what they are and we will struggle

We could well end up with another era of almost 50 FT squad members

No wonder we are a laughing stock, especially when about half of them should actually be here - highlighted .

Many of the players you mention are either U19 players who are just about to make the step up or are long term loan players or don't even get a mention on the club website. Divine, Pelosi, Sives, Lithgow, Taylor, J Armstrong, D Armstrong, Doherty, Mackle, Park, McLaughlin to name a few. My original point about the size of the wage bill still stands. It's clutching at straws to name the players above in terms of wages when compared to the money that was getting paid to Hartley, Webster, Pressley, Gordon, Skacel, Janny, Tall, McCann, Bednar, Pospisil, Brellier, Takis. I would be surprised if the wages haven't been cut in half over that period. With the exception of Larry there have been very few expensive imports. The wages we are paying now are more realistic in comparison to our income.

Rawrrrrrrr
Many of the players you mention are either U19 players who are just about to make the step up or are long term loan players or don't even get a mention on the club website. Divine, Pelosi, Sives, Lithgow, Taylor, J Armstrong, D Armstrong, Doherty, Mackle, Park, McLaughlin to name a few. My original point about the size of the wage bill still stands. It's clutching at straws to name the players above in terms of wages when compared to the money that was getting paid to Hartley, Webster, Pressley, Gordon, Skacel, Janny, Tall, McCann, Bednar, Pospisil, Brellier, Takis. I would be surprised if the wages haven't been cut in half over that period. With the exception of Larry there have been very few expensive imports. The wages we are paying now are more realistic in comparison to our income.

No those listed are already stepped up and havent been able to play u19 all season

As for your comments, whether they get a look in or not is irrelevent, we pay them, they are registered, they train with us and they are our players

To suggest because they are **** we should discount them is pathetic

Whether wages have been cut again is irrelevent, there still massively high.

The likes of the armstrongs, doherty , pelosi etc are all earning approx 1k a week

That is a lot of money for the SPL, especially when your a nobody who cant even get a reserve game

We have priced them out of ever getting a transfer to the SPL or lower leagues which means we are stuck with them , in some cases until their in their mid 20's

Tbh im sick of people claiming we shouldnt count these players because of our own mismanagement

Just to put a wee spanner in your workings,Elvis,Webster and Jules were not high earners,Elvis was very low payed for being club captain,Webster could have signed a huge deal and Jules was one of the lower payed first team players.

Oh and at the very least in the list you provided they were all real football players who apart from 2 all played their part in us being the best football team in Scotland at one point.

To suggest because they are **** we should discount them is pathetic

I never said that.

Whether wages have been cut again is irrelevent, there still massively high.

The list of players I listed above as having left can't simply be dismissed as irrelevent. That's a huge amount of money off the bill. I believe next year's figures will prove this. For what it's worth I agree that we have far too many youth players who are on the bill and are not going to make it. Perhaps their contracts should expire at 19 so that we can make a decision at that stage whether to give them a proper deal or punt them. The point I'm trying to make is that there has been a lot of wages saved recently and I'm curious as to whether this is part of a plan to make money available to a new manager. Or whether it is just down to wanting to be more efficient with the funds. TBH I think it is the latter and we may have to accept that we will be using the youth players more and more. And we will also have to be willing to accept the inconsistency in performance that comes with it. The days of a genuine league challenge and qualification for the CL seem a long way off.

Rawrrrrrrr
I never said that.

The list of players I listed above as having left can't simply be dismissed as irrelevent. That's a huge amount of money off the bill. I believe next year's figures will prove this. For what it's worth I agree that we have far too many youth players who are on the bill and are not going to make it. Perhaps their contracts should expire at 19 so that we can make a decision at that stage whether to give them a proper deal or punt them. The point I'm trying to make is that there has been a lot of wages saved recently and I'm curious as to whether this is part of a plan to make money available to a new manager. Or whether it is just down to wanting to be more efficient with the funds. TBH I think it is the latter and we may have to accept that we will be using the youth players more and more. And we will also have to be willing to accept the inconsistency in performance that comes with it. The days of a genuine league challenge and qualification for the CL seem a long way off.

Those players you listed actually justified their wages

Their wages actually got us the money of 2nd place finish, CL and UEFA cup football, record ST sales and Record Merchandise sales

The current lot managed to finish 8th

Id rather have higher wages and the previous lot as you can guarentee they would justify their money

Just to put a wee spanner in your workings,Elvis,Webster and Jules were not high earners,Elvis was very low payed for being club captain,Webster could have signed a huge deal and Jules was one of the lower payed first team players.

Oh and at the very least in the list you provided they were all real football players who apart from 2 all played their part in us being the best football team in Scotland at one point.

No argument from me about the calibre of the players listed. Elvis signed a new deal when Anderton/Burley first arrived at a time when big money was being thrown at players. And while Webster and Brellier may not have been the highest earners, they still got a good bit more than the lads making the step up from U19's.

Those players you listed actually justified their wages

Their wages actually got us the money of 2nd place finish, CL and UEFA cup football, record ST sales and Record Merchandise sales

The current lot managed to finish 8th

Id rather have higher wages and the previous lot as you can guarentee they would justify their money

It's risky but I probably agree. As the true potential of the club was starting to become evident when those players were here.

Rawrrrrrrr
Prancer why are some players in bold?

The ones I would actually bother to keep

Archived