WC 2014 - Argentina v Iran Official Official Thread

Guest GhostHunter

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good clash - Iran parking bus again.

Argentina one of favourites for tournament and my personal favourites outwith Scotland. Won the last time the World Cup was held in South America. History could repeat itself if Argentina beat Brazil in final.

In these games is there any viewing pleasure if Argentina are three up at the break? I don't need to see goals in his one. I want a shock, however remote the chances of that are.

Tyldesley: "A lot of the Iran players display their Christian names on their shirts".

Gregory House M.D.

Awful, awful game. Messi looks like he'd rather be anywhere but on that pitch. Turning in a lazy passionless display. Swanning about with an arrogance that says "I don't need to do shit things like defend or run". It's no wonder that he'll never be a Diego Maradona in Argentina.

Oxford City

Tyldesley: "A lot of the Iran players display their Christian names on their shirts".

Was just about to post that. Tyldesley must know something no-one else does. Or he's just an idiot.

"Iran's manager looks like a Harry Enfield character who's name escapes me for the moment"

Has Tyldesley been drinking?

Gregory House M.D.

Messi's not even attempting to find himself space to receive a pass. :vrface:

That's Shiite.

Guest GhostHunter

"Iran's manager looks like a Harry Enfield character who's name escapes me for the moment"

Has Tyldesley been drinking?

I think he was talking about Maradona, who's in the crowd...

Gregory House M.D.

Argentina are awful. For the quality of their forwards they are utterly toothless. They need to take Messi off and stick Lavezzi on at HT because Messi is a waste of a jersey in this game.

The Great Khali

The front three have been pap. Di Maria, although seeing a lot of the ball, has done **** all with it.

Even though it would wreck my bets, it would be hilarious if Argentina didn't win this :lol:

Argentina have another few gears to go up if they need to, and it looks like they will.

Aguero, Messi, Di Maria and Higuain up top and you can't score against Iran

:wtf:

Iran defending really well. Argentina only looking dangerous from set-pieces.

Got Iran (+1.5) as part of a treble. Looking good so far.

The People's Chimp

Awful, awful game. Messi looks like he'd rather be anywhere but on that pitch. Turning in a lazy passionless display. Swanning about with an arrogance that says "I don't need to do shit things like defend or run". It's no wonder that he'll never be a Diego Maradona in Argentina.

:facepalm: seething bile, all the time. Does it not tire you out? It's not that bad ffs.

Iran are putting in a brave show. Good times for Iranians right now, a re-welcoming into the International fold, a sensible president* and you can see the team are playing with pride.

Reckon they might come close but the argies to nick it in the end.

*In Iranian terms.

I wouldn't go that far. He's playing better than Rooney did against Italy, which was a performance you defended to the hilt.

Argentina aren't winning this cup. Germany or Holland would pump them.

I wouldn't go that far. He's playing better than Rooney did against Italy, which was a performance you defended to the hilt.

Not that I give a toss about rooney or messi but comparing performances against one of the best teams in europe and iran seems ever so slightly ridiculous. Especially given rooney had made a goal by this stage

That said the messi criticism is a nonsense as well and as TPC has said Iran should be applauded

Destruction Derby

Argentina to score early in the second half and go on to win 3 or 4 nil.

Please

Messi has done okay. People watch Barcalona against weak opposition too much to judge this.

Iran have done well but Argentina need to open them up by moving quicker. Obvious but not easy.

Gregory House M.D.

:facepalm: seething bile, all the time. Does it not tire you out? It's not that bad ffs.

Iran are putting in a brave show. Good times for Iranians right now, a re-welcoming into the International fold, a sensible president* and you can see the team are playing with pride.

Reckon they might come close but the argies to nick it in the end.

*In Iranian terms.

Do you really think this has been anything other than awful? Yes, Iran are playing their game well but Argentina have been dreadful.

Tactically, it's good from Iran but entertainment wise it's been eyebleeding.

Gregory House M.D.

No, he isn't. The usual stuff though, Messi plays a few five yard passes and loses the ball constantly and is doing "Ok", Rooney gets the assist for Englands goal does generally well outwith defensively in a foreign position to him and he is shite. Tedious TBH.

Gregory House M.D.

Reza should have scored there.

No, he isn't. The usual stuff though, Messi plays a few five yard passes and loses the ball constantly and is doing "Ok", Rooney gets the assist for Englands goal does generally well outwith defensively in a foreign position to him and he is shite. Tedious TBH.

I never said Rooney was shite, though.

ArcticJambo

Argentina's midfield, as they were in the majority of the 1st game are just not good enough.

Gregory House M.D.

I never said Rooney was shite, though.

Sorry, that's what I took it as because Messi has been guff today. Done nothing, looks disinterested, wandering about not even attempting to find space, losing the ball a lot of the time he takes a man on.

Anyway, Iran denied a penalty there.

Archived