Is ?Professional Pride? the last role of the dice for Romanov?

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Dear all,

First of all, apologies for yet another Romanov debate, but I?m trying (very hard) to make sense of our situation as a Hearts supporter.

We are now at the great crossroads. I?m actually glad we?re there now. The season just gone ?sucked the sweat off a dead man?s balls? and I?m relieved (in a twisted kind of way) that it?s all over.

We all know about the potential ?dark side? of the outcome; asset stripping, Lithuanian ?talent? showcasing, sporran shorts etc. It is one possibility, and going by another thread that?s running just now, the forecast is decidedly damning, should past behaviours be an indicator of future behaviours and all that.

We can also speculate that Vlad is living in his own wee world of poetry and puppets. A world where Burleys and referees are cast as devils; and the SFA are out to get us in some sort or paranoid sc?nario catastrophe.

Now I know much of this is sheer conjecture, but if now is the summer of our discontent, I beg these questions:

Does there come a time when Vlad will no longer accept our situation for the sake of his professional pride/ego?

Vlad will mix with football people all the time.

Will he not feel personal embarrassment that a team costing two or three times the wages of say, Aberdeen can only finish 8th in a mediocre SPL?

We heard Roman?s appalling utterances at the AGM.

But will his Old Man really allow this shameful sham to shimmy on for another shocking twelve months?

Surely not?

180pxloucarpentertomolinc5.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

God, I hope so.

He simply won't find a proper manager who will agree to pick Miko, Cesnauskis, Zal etc. every time Romanov asks. That won't happen. It's not just scare-mongering, if nothing changes this summer then relegation is a real possibility.

I know it's the third time I've said it in about ten minutes:) but the Robbo model could work and also be palatable to the fans:

A proper manager is appointed and Vlad uses his contacts in Eastern Europe to give players trials, where the manager can accept or reject the player. In this scenario it would be perfectly understandable if Vlad was to force a Jankauskas onto a manager, but completely unacceptable if it was a Pilibiatis.

PS - love the May 17th post!

Lochend Brazil

I have go my ticket for next year. I think VR will shock a few this year, on a positive note.

Graham Thomson

Jim Jefferies DOF, Sandy Clarke head coach, stephen frail 1st team coach........that would do me, oh and Robbo reserve team coach

I think that's one of the things that keeps what little optimism I have left intact, this thought that at some point it'll become too much for him to bear too. But the longer that things go on, the more I begin to wonder. If we listened to the amateur psychobabble that goes on we'd be utterly convinced that the man is driven only by his ego and fuelled mainly by jealousy but I don't think I ever really bought into that theory, simply because it would be far too stereotypical of the pantomime baddy. Recent events would suggest that I was right too, because if these really were the catalysts for his decision making, we wouldn't be where we are....

The last person I chatted with about this was actually you...but beer might foggify that memory a little! I think I've always managed to maintain a little more optimism than some of my fellow Jambos because I'm still convinced, rightly or wrongly, that he doesn't have any evil intentions. I still believe he wants good things for us, he's just got a bizarre and intensely frustrating way of going about it all. But I still think/hope he'll come good and I think the coming season is about all the time I have left before my mind changes on that. Put plainly, if he doesn't make things better soon...I'll no longer be convinced of these good intentions and when that happens, everything will change for me. I'm hanging in there at the moment but I don't think I can do it much longer without some evidence that my faith isn't misplaced. Lots of other people are already at that point, but for some reason....whether it's a carefully considered and conscious decision...or whether it's maybe blind hope...I'm doing it anyway.

I don't believe our achievements (or lack thereof) this season will sit well with him, but if I find that things continue this way then I'll know I was wrong and that he just doesn't give a fuzz what happens. Then I'll know he doesn't have good intentions. I'll also know that professional pride for him doesn't have anything to do with our club. I really really hope that doesn't happen.

A bit garbled but I hope it makes some sort of sense! :)

Jim Jefferies DOF, Sandy Clarke head coach, stephen frail 1st team coach........that would do me, oh and Robbo reserve team coach

A ridiculous suggestion.

Sandy Clark Head Coach??

Graham Thomson
A ridiculous suggestion.

Sandy Clark Head Coach??

Why ridiculous ?? lots of experience as a coach, was a hearts manager that beat hibs, was a great hearts player,,,,,,knows the spl inside out.........inteligent, articulate.......yeh ur right, ridiculous

Why ridiculous ?? lots of experience as a coach, was a hearts manager that beat hibs, was a great hearts player,,,,,,knows the spl inside out.........inteligent, articulate.......yeh ur right, ridiculous

Check out his record, Partick Thistles most unsuccessful manager ever if I remember rightly, didn't exactly set the world on fire at Hearts, short spell at St Johnstone where he did OK.

Not what I'd want, no better than Frail.

Graham Thomson
Check out his record, Partick Thistles most unsuccessful manager ever if I remember rightly, didn't exactly set the world on fire at Hearts, short spell at St Johnstone where he did OK.

Not what I'd want, no better than Frail.

He is still young, enthusiastic, loves the club, very much hands on, ok, i accept he is not a big name boss, but im not sure thats what we need, we need people who realise what the club means to the fans, who understand, thats why i would have JJ as DOF, cant get much more experienced than him, and SF deserves a coaching job at the club...., and lets get back to basics..

Graham Thomson
I don't see JJ returning without BB in tow.

I think BB might stay on as manager of Kilmarnock.

Archived