World Cup: Spain v Netherlands BBC

hughesie27

I can't really remember I just remember him being incredible every time I watched him for Liverpool.

Was at least worth around 35m

He shouldn't have deteriorated as much as he did, never seen it happen that bad before.

He came back from the WC or Euros and was never the same again.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen the BBC end trailer "England our Nation" a new gallery of heroes...............Aye right........

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Chile vs Australia anyone?

Looking forward to it. :)

Pinilla and Glaser on the same pitch? It's almost like my Hearts team on FIFA. :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It makes me feel old that I remember when Blind's old man was a serious player for the Dutch.

Only seen the latter part of Danny Blind's career but he was a top player.

dobmisterdobster

Seen the BBC end trailer "England our Nation" a new gallery of heroes...............Aye right........

Getting chills here. Tears of patriotism streaming down my cheeks.

good luck to engerland.. hope they turn those sweaty Italian ****s over...

although gerrard can gtf btw

Bindy Badgy

He was already on the slide by then it was an incredible deal for Liverpool

And they spunked more than half of it on Andy Carroll

If theres one thing worse than the English Patriotic fever. its not having a couple of quid on them, in case they win at 28/1.........

Guest Bilel Mohsni

good luck to engerland.. hope they turn those sweaty Italian ****s over...

although gerrard can gtf btw

Aye mate, Ken lolz

kingantti1874

I suppose it must be remembered that this is a replay of the world cup final. So it is not like Netherlands are there to make up numbers but while Spain have aged and perhaps stuck with the same players for too long Netherlands have evolved further introducing youthful desire to the world class that was already there and has matured further.

Simply put the Dutch are ******* class.

Great result tonight but Really? RVP, robben and strootman apart I think they are pretty average.. And most Dutch people regard this as their weakest team in living memory

Great result tonight but Really? RVP, robben and strootman apart I think they are pretty average.. And most Dutch people regard this as their weakest team in living memory

9 wins, 1 draw in their quali group.

Pump spain 5-1 in first game.

Pish team.

glastonbury jambo

sometimes when the expectation is low it helps a team to play freely without care....like tonight.

Aye mate, Ken lolz

eh? thats twice you've quoted me in one thread. back off moth ball

:look:

Do The Dance

It's the middle of winter in Brasil

Aye, cheers for that.......

What I mean is it's a few hours behind and all we hear is how hot it will be for England.

And most Dutch people regard this as their weakest team in living memory

Maybe the weakest in terms of individual ability but individuals don't make a team.

kingantti1874

Pish team.

Compared to previous Dutch sides they are poor... I work in holland occasionally and they didn't expect to get out of the group... They are drawing players from Swansea and villa..

As I say it doesn't take away from their result tonight

kingantti1874

Maybe the weakest in terms of individual ability but individuals don't make a team.

Agree

What I mean is it's a few hours behind and all we hear is how hot it will be for England.

Some of the afternoon games will be unbearably hot. It's not a myth.

Do The Dance

Some of the afternoon games will be unbearably hot. It's not a myth.

... Again thanks for that.

:lol: It was an observation on how dark it was when it was still light here. Simply, that was it. Thanks for explaining the World turns though. Haha.

Bet you Costa is regretting choosing Spain now. They are on the way down

Or Spain regretting picking Costa - 2 or 3 match ban in the post for the head butt. End of his World Cup.

Gregory House M.D.

Pish team.

Did the commentator say they haven't lost a qualifier for 13 years?!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

eh? thats twice you've quoted me in one thread. back off moth ball

:look:

Here's the third time. What's wrong with quoting you?

Do The Dance

Or Spain regretting picking Costa - 2 or 3 match ban in the post for the head butt. End of his World Cup.

Or Chelsea..

Costa will be dropped even if he isn't given a retrospective red card for the butt. Spain will resort to the 'false' 9. Their midfielders didn't look comfortable playing with a target man up front.

Arthur Morgan

My dads up 1200 just from next scorer bets.

He's had everyone apart from the 3rd? The guy who isn't van p or robben

De Vrij.

He's a horrible, dirty *******. I wonder if him, Ramos and Pique were all gobbing one each other in the changing room after the game.

John Gentleman

Brazil's a bloody big country (part of it is in northern hemisphere straddling the Equator). It plays host to a number of climatic zones ? from Equatorial in the north to (almost) Temperate in the south. Throw in a large number of micro-climates due to elevation above sea level and it becomes a climatic smorgasbord.

So whether it's hot or not very much depends on the match venue.

Brazil's a bloody big country (part of it is in northern hemisphere straddling the Equator). It plays host to a number of climatic zones ? from Equatorial in the north to (almost) Temperate in the south. Throw in a large number of micro-climates due to elevation above sea level and it becomes a climatic smorgasbord.

So whether it's hot or not very much depends on the match venue.

Where I live, it's currently hot and brutally humid, and it's been dark since about half eight. But if Andy Driver can handle these conditions, England and Italy should be able to handle Manaus...

John Gentleman

Where I live, it's currently hot and brutally humid, and it's been dark since about half eight. But if Andy Driver can handle these conditions, England and Italy should be able to handle Manaus...

Manaus is smack in the middle of the Amazon basin, so the temperature will probably be in the mid/high-twenties but with humidity in the high seventies.

As you well know, humidity is the killer not the heat.

Doubt we'll hear the commentators give that fact :lol:

They talked about the Scotland win on SBS here in Oz. That's two mentions to Scotland + Hearts in only 2 games I've watched. No mentions of 1966. One mention of England vs Germany (goal-line technology related).

Manaus is smack in the middle of the Amazon basin, so the temperature will probably be in the mid/high-twenties but with humidity in the high seventies.

Absolutely.

And the conditions you mention are exactly how it is right outside my house the now at 11pm.

Bindy Badgy

Absolutely.

African dry season climate is manageable. South American and Asian weather can be brutal even though it is often cooler.

You have to wonder how Torres gets in the squad.In fact you have to wonder how Fernando went from a top notch striker to the joke he has become now.

They reckon humidity is around 90!

Perfect for potato blight that.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
The Orangemen haven't a chance. Spain by two.

bang on!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Shed Floodlight

that was a good 5-1, but not quite Carling. For to receive your Carling then the 19th May 2012 was a Carling 5-1.

scott_jambo

Absolutely.

And the conditions you mention are exactly how it is right outside my house the now at 11pm.

Nightmare. 94% humidity in Manaus.

manaliveits105

hopefully spain will revert to false no 9 - david villa - think they will get out of group by beating chile and oz - if silva had made it 2-0 spain would have gone on to win the game and a few mistakes that were one offs ast night - would still not count them out .

Nightmare. 94% humidity in Manaus.

And strangely enough, it's now also 94% humidity outside my house, at 7am.

Archived