World Cup: Spain v Netherlands BBC

hughesie27

Chris Benoit

Van Gaal at OT next season = RVP being interested again.

Biggest problem with RVP last season was Moyes stopping his personal training plan that'd been arranged by Fergie the previous season. Result more injuries less goals.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GlasgoJambo

I don't think it's a dive myself.

Me nether. I think he was planting his left foot wide to spring back off it.

Cracking goal by RVP. Game on

Chris Benoit

What a goal from RVP. Fantastic.

Whether Costa deliberately stuck out his foot or not, it was a penalty.

Away and shite, defender has tried to block the shot he anticipated and was no danger he was going to make contact. Costa deliberately moved his foot to create the contact rather than keep his feet and try and take a shot. He cheated.

Rudolf's Mate
Costa stepped on the Dutch defender's leg. Never a pen.

Sure the exact same thing happened in either Premier or Champions League resulting in a pen and there was an outcry from everyone saying the player conned the ref.

Can't remember exactly which game.

Hot since 86

Away and shite, defender has tried to block the shot he anticipated and was no danger he was going to make contact. Costa deliberately moved his foot to create the contact rather than keep his feet and try and take a shot. He cheated.

By sliding in like that he has given the striker the opportunity to play for it and in modern football the clever striker will always take advantage. Pen all day for me.

Not a penalty IMO. That being said, while the current narrative is that Spain are boring - and they can be frustrating at times - the touch their players have is a joy to watch at times.

rossthejambo

This Spain team definitely showing why Brazil won't win the World Cup now.

Chris Benoit

By sliding in like that he has given the striker the opportunity to play for it and in modern football the clever striker will always take advantage. Pen all day for me.

What you're saying is cheating is ok as long as the player is convincing doing it.

Peach of a goal..

My big gripe so far is the f***** commentators.

Every WC they find something new to be wa****s about.

Seems to be the Brazilian coverage this year.

Just stop moaning about the replays please. Stop moaning about the goal line technology. And stop moaning about every single decision made by these seemingly slightly inept refs...!

I shudder to think about what the English games commentary is gonna be like!

I've come to expect England WC bingo every tourney, but theyve added a new dimension of rubbishness this year...

I've said my piece...

Spain having to force the game now I expect them to be falling all over the place soon and screaming in the refs face.

Gregory House M.D.

That Martins is scary looking. They eyes are sinister.

Gregory House M.D.

Diego Costa is an animal. Hate him. Does this pish for Athletico too.

Flinging snot at the scummiest player in Spain :jjyay:

Scummy in it's self right enough but I'll make an exception against Ramos.

You'd think that San Marino were beating Brazil 4-0 the way the commentators are talking about a 'shock'. It's not the greatest Dutch squad ever but they've played well and scored two excellent goals.

rossthejambo

costa is a bad egg....and shite into the bargain.

He's quite clearly not shite.

Hot since 86

What you're saying is cheating is ok as long as the player is convincing doing it.

What I'm saying is the striker took advantage of the situation. If the defender doesn't make the tackle then no pen.

Gregory House M.D.

torres is a better shout than costa.....oooof vp bar.

Stop digging.

Chris Benoit

What I'm saying is the striker took advantage of the situation. If the defender doesn't make the tackle then no pen.

I refer you back to the post you quoted

Time for Torres or Villa to come on. Spain need to give Netherlands something else to think about to force them back a bit.

Archived