What Hearts, Rangers and Hibs in Championship mean for other clubs

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/falkirk/277025-what-the-arrival-of-the-big-three-will-really-mean-for-the-championship/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

An interesting article from STV and some very good interviews. It gives you the sense of they are really looking forward to it and most clubs sense it will be a massive cash boost which they cant waste as they may not get something like this again. Also the restructuring of the SPFL and the money has made the Championship stronger financially. A team like Falkirk will get benefit and it will be great for the fans, but it causes them issues in their attempts to get into the Premiership.

Both interviews are about 8 mins long, but well worth watching.

I also wonder what damage will be done to the SPFL.. 2nd 3rd & 4th best supported teams missing from the top division. The average attendance in both league with change significantly, it truly is going to be a memorable season in the championship. The scenarios are endless... What ever team gets left behind after next season will take a massive financial hit...

I also think this will give an idea to how well championship clubs would do in an extended Premiership . Although the "big three" wont be at their strongest at least two of us in our current position should be challenging top six in the SPL.

Who's started this myth that Hibs are one if the top 4 supported clubs in our country :lol:

hughesie27

Who's started this myth that Hibs are one if the top 4 supported clubs in our country :lol:

Factual information?

fabienleclerq

Factual information?

Would imagine they're fifth without having the stats.

Teams like Motherwell, Partick, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ross County & ICT will miss it greatly.

Jambofifer
Teams like Motherwell, Partick, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ross County & ICT will miss it greatly.

Nae shit Sherlock ! Even us fifers knew that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hughesie27

I don't have the stats either but i am fairly sure Hibs have been the 4th highest for a number of years if you look at average attendances. Aberdeen may have trumped them for the first time this season though.

It will be a competative Championship but this is Doncasters take on the SPFL

"However, Doncaster is adamant that the merger of the SPL and the SFL last year means the SPFL will not lose out because Hibs and Hearts have been replaced by Dundee and Hamilton Accies."

Doncaster and his cronies are the worst thing to have happened to Scottish football Celtic will win the SPFL again by a country mile, Dundee and Accies will never replace Hearts and Hibs. The Championship could well be a Two horse race because Hibs may well not recover from relegation as quickly as they would like. The other Championship teams could well be better of by ?100k a year whilst the Premiership will undoubtedly suffer a similar ?100k loss if not more. These may losses may well damage the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock who have just scraped by this past season by all accounts but may not survive this coming season.

The Treasurer

I also wonder what damage will be done to the SPFL.. 2nd 3rd & 4th best supported teams missing from the top division. The average attendance in both league with change significantly, it truly is going to be a memorable season in the championship. The scenarios are endless... What ever team gets left behind after next season will take a massive financial hit...

Add in the fact that sellik's crowd will probably drop even further due to apathy from TGFITW

Nae shit Sherlock ! Even us fifers knew that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

The stats have been posted on here before.

From what I remember rangers (RIP) had the biggest support narrowly followed by celtic.

We have consistently had the third biggest support by a large margin.

More often than not hibs have had a slightly bigger support that Aberdeen.

IMA MAROON

Interesting to see if the TV companies turn their backs on the big league to show Championship football instead.

letsalldothebeattie

I fully expected us to get relegated when we were hit by the deduction etc. So i was prepared for life in the championship but now its a reality and with Sevco & Hibs plus the prospects of going to away grounds ive never been to like Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Alloa & Queen of the South i am really excited and looking forward to the season ahead. Its going to be an amazing league to watch

jamboinglasgow

One thing that will be interesting to see is the Premiership, obviously Celtic will run away with it, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United will all compete for 2nd, but the rest of the clubs are not too different in size and could be a fascinating battle. I dont even see one who is clearly far behind like in previous years.

Snake Plissken

It's going to be great for some of the mid-table clubs like Queen of the South, Raith and Livingston, clubs with stadiums big enough to hold large crowds. They wouldn't have gone up next season anyway so six big home games will be great for them.

Not as good for Falkirk since it'll push them out of promotion contention and the likes of Alloa, Cowdenbeath and DUmbarton don't really have the stadiums to take advantage of much large crowds. I expect all of them will just be happy to be in the division next year - Dunfermline's and Greenock Morton's chairmen must be absolutely gutted to miss out. Especially Dunfermline, they really could have done with the extra cash.

Riccarton3

Great news for the other championship clubs and thoroughly well deserved. Brilliant for all the administrators who keep these clubs competing honestly year after year. Budget bonanza!

Archived