Not a good weekend at all!

sandyk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob Loblaw

That is the poorest excuse for a holiday I've ever seen. Pathetic fat old boys trying to relive their equally pathetic youths.

So the Leeds fans were described as 'thugs' but the hibs fans made out to be some kind of war heros?

The bit I don't get is the numbers. Article says they were outnumbered 3-1 by Leeds but there were 150 of them there.

Do Leeds casuals arrange a 450 strong end of season holiday?!?! :0

Pans Jambo

I hope they are in severe pain! Complete numpties.

Capital City Service???? What does that even mean?

Aged 30-50? really? Grow up ya balloons!

So the Leeds fans were described as 'thugs' but the hibs fans made out to be some kind of war heros?

Yes, the EEN puts its usual spin on any H1b5 story.

Making the hobos sound like Chelsea pensioners.

Armageddon

The Hibs casuals were just sitting around enjoying the sun while celebrating 30 years of violence around the country when they were set upon by a gang of violent thugs.

"You fly with the crows you get shot with the crows"

No sympathy. I also don't by the 'not looking for trouble'.

If you go to Benidorm the celebrate 30 years of the CCS, wearing CCS clothing, then you are looking for trouble and can only blame yourself if you run into it.

Can we expect a military diagram in tomorrow's EEN showing how their brave boys were sneakily outwitted by the Leeds thugs leaving them no chance?

Fuds.

The bit I don't get is the numbers. Article says they were outnumbered 3-1 by Leeds but there were 150 of them there.

Do Leeds casuals arrange a 450 strong end of season holiday?!?! :0

I think they mean this particular group, may only have been a handful together at one time and they were set upon by the Leeds lads.

It goes on to say 70 odd went in search for the Leeds crew which possibly suggests there were much fewer numbers originally attacked.

As mentioned above though, absolute facepalm at 'ages 30-50' (not that this sort of thing is much better for a teenager, but something about them being middle aged makes it that bit worse!)

Jam Tarts 1874

Typical Evening hobo reporting. The hibs areseholes were casuals just out on an innocent night out, however the Leeds casuals are hooligans.

"Hello sir, welcome to Thomas Cook!"

"Hi, so me and a few mates want to go on an end of season holiday, could you set us up with flights and digs for 450?"

Sierra Delta

Cringed my way through the whole article.

Embarrassing.

Typical Evening hobo reporting. The hibs areseholes were casuals just out on an innocent night out, however the Leeds casuals are hooligans.

I reckon it's entirely coincidental that two groups known for arranging to fight happen to be at the same place at the same time.

DougieHMFC

Imagine people from your work asking if there is any special reason you're away for a weekend and you reply youre off to celebrate the days you used to go out and leather people for no reason other than they supported a different team from you

:facepalm:

Hibs casuals celebrating 30years,................... in an Ibrox bar!!! and weren`t looking for trouble............ aye guid yin!

"Hello sir, welcome to Thomas Cook!"

"Hi, so me and a few mates want to go on an end of season holiday, could you set us up with fights and digs for 450?"

Corrected that for you ;) It was part of the Thomas Cook 30-50 Hooligan Getaway...

Corrected that for you ;) It was part of the Thomas Cook 30-50 Hooligan Getaway...

;)

Also 't-shirts and hats emblazoned with 30 years on top of their sister'?

:cornette:

Fixed that for you :)

Best part of it for me is they managed to create an article with the words "Hibs" and "Celebrating" in it for that weekend

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

The bit I don't get is the numbers. Article says they were outnumbered 3-1 by Leeds

Heard it was more like 5-1

Smashed wearing "30 years on top" t-shirts and hats.

I would insert one of the famous Kickback smiley pictures but I don't know how to.

Doctor FinnBarr

Also 't-shirts and hats emblazoned with 30 years on top'?

:cornette:

Just like a hen night really!

"30 YEARS ON TOP" only to get filled in :rofl:

Sounds a bit like being 2-0 up and then getting relegated.

Paulie Walnut

But but but the CCS were outnumbered and not able to use their tactical fighting prowess. This rag makes them out to be war heroes, Utter nonsense of a story!

Embarrassing welts (EEN).CCS aren't much better 30 years of what thuggery or should that be *uggery

This is the sort of image I get in my head of these charming fellows (minus the England flags of course...then again, it WAS the 'Ibrox' Bar I suppose...)

article-2286426-185E4E66000005DC-774_634x399.jpg

"Many of the Hibs group flew back to Edinburgh on Sunday to watch the Easter Road side relegated from the Premier League following the play-?off defeat to Hamilton on penalties."

:pleasing:

It was the Hearts mob's turn last weekend. I hear a few of those gallant souls bumped into a group of lads from the Weej...who just happened to be cage fighters! :smash:

vegas-voss

Whole strory is like they are glorifying it and why is it whenever these firms get down they were always outnumbered 3 to 1

The only way this story could have been any better is if Riordan had been with them and then subsequently received a lifetime ban from the main bar area of Benidorm.

:2thumbsup:

Talk-o-the-North

Just when you thought Hibs couldn't provide us with any more laughter this season they oblige with a final little nugget of hilarity.

It's like when a movie finishes and after the credits have rolled there is a final comedy skit that makes you glad you watched till the very end.

:verysmug:

post-25452-0-03729700-1401364360_thumb.jpg all back with a bloody nose and a sticky willie after being pumped by

Leeds and Sticky Vicki!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If ever evidence was required of Hibs bias at the EEN this story provides it. The writers (why does it require two of them?) would appear to sympathise with a bunch of thugs and don't see fit to question their motives, or their need to wear T-shirts advertising their thuggish-ness. At best they were there to relive their memories of their heroic past. For a moment I thought I was reading a CCS newsletter and wouldn't, at all, be surprised if the writers were ex-members themselves. They may be aged nearly 50 but they clearly haven't grown up and probably the only reason they weren't out causing bother that night (unless they were and the reporters forgot to mention it) was they were licking their thoroughly deserved wounds and greetin' into their pints. Still, I expect they got a hero's welcome at their lair on Sunday. Scum then, scum still, scum forever!

NewYorkJambo

No they weren't. But keep looking for some reason to seethe or, and I know it's coming, accuse the paper of being a Hibs fanzine.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Celebrating an anniversary of a football hooligan firm :cornette:

The article :facepalm:. EEN proving how amateur and tabloid like they are with this one

30 years on top? On top of who? Apart from that 'fight' in Glasgow central I haven't seen or heard of them actually doing anything since I started going to football ten years ago. Do they just sit drinking pints regaling fictitious victories to one another or are they actually incognito warlords? It's all news to me either way!

Archived