Hibs fans declare all out attack on Petrie and Butcher

CJGJ

KEY fan groups, ex-Hibs players and influential corporate supporters met to discuss a plan that will see a clearout from top to bottom following the club's plunge into relegation.

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club?s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters? Association, said: ?We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

?We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we?re going to go about it. It will be an attack ? we?re not sitting back.

?We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There?s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you?ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-main-supporters-groups-plan-3611488

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens if you?ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

Or you can just throw it away :uhoh2:

Looking forward to the turmoil. Either way, there's no quick fix for them :bucktooth:

What do they want?

Under Petrie, the season just finished, they has the second largest wage bill in the Premier League, and the third largest in Scotland.

He also got rid of crap managers, as the fans wanted, including Fenlon. Almost every Hibs fan I know were delighted with the Butcher appointment.

They got what they wanted. They also for what the deserved.

letsalldothebeattie
What do they want?

Under Petrie, the season just finished, they has the second largest wage bill in the Premier League, and the third largest in Scotland.

He also got rid of crap managers, as the fans wanted, including Fenlon. Almost every Hibs fan I know were delighted with the Butcher appointment.

Couldn't agree more. After the league cup exit they demanded Fenlols head they got their wish. Then they took to Sky Sports News, Radio etc saying they want Butcher. Some demanded it happen. They got the wish granted again.

So in a way now it's the players fault, it's petrie's fault, some say it's Farmers fault but can now add it's the fans fault. They forget they have wanted these changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. After the league cup exit they demanded Fenlols head they got their wish. Then they took to Sky Sports News, Radio etc saying they want Butcher. Some demanded it happen. They got the wish granted again.

So in a way now it's the players fault, it's petrie's fault, some say it's Farmers fault but can now add it's the fans fault. They forget they have wanted these changes

In reality, it is Mercer's fault - for not finishing them off.

Tommy Brown

What do they want?

Do you have a link that shows this info? be interesting to see where Hearts stand just now.

The Leith faithful :rofl:

If they weren't so obsessed with relegation parties, frozen shares and FOI requests they wouldn't have sleep walked themselves into the championship.

Wee Paddy must've been laughing his knob off.

letsalldothebeattie

In reality, it is Mercer's fault - for not finishing them off.

Well theirs that too

i wish jj was my dad

Pleasing developments down the methadone.

kingantti1874

Do you have a link that shows this info? be interesting to see where Hearts stand just now.

Hearts had the lowest wage bill

In the top flight this season... By quite a big margin...

Re the subject - what is wrong is that for some god only known reason Hibernian fans have a sense of expectation - they expect to do well. This expectation is based on fantasy - they have generally speaking always been absolute dirge - certainly in the last 30 years... They have no right to expect to be good as they have never been good...

I laughed at the interviews during the protest on Sunday, fans claiming how Petrie hasn't released cash to improve the squad etc. Erm...?200,000 on Collins you Muppets, which was by far more than anyone outwith Celtic spent on a single player last season.

They had a manager, who whilst we ridiculed, got them to two Scottish cup finals in a row, which is a great achievement for any club outwith the OF (OK getting jumped in both is also some achievement) but no, their fans with their delusions of grandeur forced him out.

Have your clearout Hibs, you'll still be shite!

:pleasing:

Angry Haggis

KEY fan groups, ex-Hibs players and influential corporate supporters met to discuss a plan that will see a clearout from top to bottom following the club's plunge into relegation.

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club?s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters? Association, said: ?We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

?We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we?re going to go about it. It will be an attack ? we?re not sitting back.

?We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There?s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you?ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-main-supporters-groups-plan-3611488

Suppose they need to do something. Good luck chaps - the Tash seems to be stickier than sticky the stick insect eating a sticky bun.

Welcome turmoil down Lochend way this summer.

Never smashed up a rotten apple, indeed, any apple in my life. Aggressive bunch are they not?

Phil D. Corners

Blah blah. That is no real plan, just some idiots wanting heads to role. If the club had any class the ex players and influential corporate fans could quietly set up a fan ownership system to buy the current board out.

Fact is they will never be that smart.

Let me get this right.

Hearts fans, faced with the end and certain relegation put their hands in pockets repeatedly, selling family heirlooms, buying extra season tickets they cannot afford or won't use and our gates stay over 14,000 for home games whilst taking great crowds away.

Hibs fans plan an "attack" on their club.

Yeah?

Blah blah. That is no real plan, just some idiots wanting heads to role. If the club had any class the ex players and influential corporate fans could quietly set up a fan ownership system to buy the current board out.

Fact is they will never be that smart.

No they just don't want to own it..... Would you!

Nelly Terraces

Bellends. Enjoying your turmoil and pain. Long may it continue.

In Rod We Trust.

knee-jerk reactionism, just what I would expect from the knobs, I would call them a pichfork & torch rabble, but pichforks=some kind of manual labour,

something the most of them are allien to.

It's the Hibs fans fault. No-one else's.

If they'd admit that we own them and will win the majority of derby's then Fenlon wouldn't have been forced out the door.

Then Butcher wouldn't be anywhere near Easter Road, probably sitting with a League Cup in the cabinet and looking forward to watching the World Cup.

As it is Hibs have brought it all on to themselves and deserve all the misery they're getting.

Lovely.

Jambof3tornado

knee-jerk reactionism, just what I would expect from the knobs, I would call them a pichfork & torch rabble, but pichforks=some kind of manual labour,

something the most of them are allien to.

pitchfork is also a useful tool. Hibs fans are useless tools!

GMEdinburgh

They are right in their statement though....the whole club is rotten to the core. They want a full clear out but this will never happen because that would cost money that hibs apparently don't have.

Rudolf's Mate

Hibs clearing out them rotten apples!

9a5e9uqu.jpg

Some gif's of Petrie saying how ya like dem apples would be :sweeet:

Their tears and snotters taste like fecking nectar.

Bend it right up you ya fecking vermin scum.

:jjyay:

Butcher will go with full compensation, happily.

Petrie covets Ogilvie's job (pays c.?300k) but needs a club association to get there first.

He won't be as easily shifted

I'm not sure it's possible to change a deep rooted culture via a few sackings. It's the very ethos of their club that seems to be the problem, typified by the likes of O'Connor and Riordan, all washed up at 30 and with another diehard Hibs fan in Leigh Griffiths seemingly on a similar track. It's this that leads to seemingly good signings grossly under performing in a Hibs jersey, I certainly think that relatively little blame can be attached to Petrie who has not only built up the infrastructure of their club but has also backed managers with relatively good SPL budgets and has as mentioned previously, hired managerial candidates that Hibs fans were clamouring for. In fact the one time in the past 10 years they went for a candidate that their fans hadn't name checked on message boards etc was Tony Mowbray and that probably was the best appointment Petrie made. The massive inferiority complex and bitter jealousy they have towards HMFC also feeds into the over-arching ethos, seriously what other clubs fans would so spectacularly take their collective eye off the ball to revel in their rivals supposed demise whilst ignoring the dire situation at their own club?

A long road back for Hibs I think, unless the financial situation at Rangers comes to a head soon , they would seem worst placed of the 3 city clubs in the Championship next season.

I'm not sure it's possible to change a deep rooted culture via a few sackings. It's the very ethos of their club that seems to be the problem, typified by the likes of O'Connor and Riordan, all washed up at 30 and with another diehard Hibs fan in Leigh Griffiths seemingly on a similar track. It's this that leads to seemingly good signings grossly under performing in a Hibs jersey, I certainly think that relatively little blame can be attached to Petrie who has not only built up the infrastructure of their club but has also backed managers with relatively good SPL budgets and has as mentioned previously, hired managerial candidates that Hibs fans were clamouring for. In fact the one time in the past 10 years they went for a candidate that their fans hadn't name checked on message boards etc was Tony Mowbray and that probably was the best appointment Petrie made. The massive inferiority complex and bitter jealousy they have towards HMFC also feeds into the over-arching ethos, seriously what other clubs fans would so spectacularly take their collective eye off the ball to revel in their rivals supposed demise whilst ignoring the dire situation at their own club?

A long road back for Hibs I think, unless the financial situation at Rangers comes to a head soon , they would seem worst placed of the 3 city clubs in the Championship next season.

Was it Petrie who appointed Mowbray? I thought it was the previous chairman.

Barney Rubble

Its all done to one thing , shit fans ! time to disband the whole sorry mess , there shouldnt be a place in scottish football for them there reallly shouldnt !

Allowayjambo1874

There is no way butcher malpas and petrie will just resign therefore that means compensation for the first two and given how fantastically well run the ?6.5m in debt club are doubt that's going to happen.

Fans have two options. Do a sevco, no one renews season tickets and try to starve the club of cash which is short term or set up a fan buy out organisation to try and oust farmer but that is long term.

The most likely scenerio will be protests every week outside the main stand which will bother petrie not a jot.

Whatever happens it's going to be fun watching.

gorgie rd eh11

They've been brutal for years but have had their head buried in the sand because "the yams are going bust". They now realise they are the ones who have been duped by the fantasists on hibsnet and are struggling to come to terms with the fact that they have blown the chance to have a period of domination. If they have any sense it should be these guys they are hunting down and attacking.

The bit in the article when it says "18000 fans there and what do hibs do ? Make a fool of us .KIDS WERE CRYING IN THEIR SLEEP, GROWN UPS IN TEARS. Awe ma sides

http://www.dailyreco...ps-plan-3611488

if they get there wish they will have no one left to moan about.

skinnybob72

It sounds like another 'we deserve better' campaign similar to the orcs. They somehow have a sense of entitlement based on what I don't know.

Hibs have been average at best during my lifetime (40+ years) yet there is a mythical 'Hibs way' to play the game. I have no idea what this style actually is.

If they want a clear out they should start with the fans as they are the root cause of the problems with their unrealistic targets for the club.

It's no surprise that clubs whose fans have much more realistic views are the ones who punch above their weight, ICT, St Johnstone and Ross Co for example.

We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we?re going to go about it. It will be an attack ? we?re not sitting back.

Can anyone chance woman to hibs?

womenWantsItNow.jpg

pettigrewsstylist

What do they want?

Karma for their despicable and desperate behaviour last 12 mths. very few reasonable hobos crossed my path in this time. they wanted us dead. 19/5 totally changed a lot of their moderates

I remember there was a thread on onlysixtysecondstogo.net where they were unanimous about wanting Butcher. Every single one of them wanted him.

Now it's Petrie's fault for hiring him. :lol:

Hibs fans wanted rid of Fenlon: 'tache obliged

Hibs fans wanted Butcher: 'tache obliged

Now it's all gone to **** they want to blame everyone bar themselves, hindsight is a great thing but if they kept Fenlon I've no doubt they would have stayed up.

The Internet

Protest under way already

2071702334_eb7647218c.jpg

Was waiting on this :pleasing:

No idea how they can blame Petrie? I posted this yesterday but he's given them a ?200k striker (who is, admittedly, shite but that's not Petrie's fault), he's given them the manager they all wanted, brought in some proven SPL players on decent wages... How can it be his fault that the players and managers who have done well everywhere else forget how to play football when they sign for Hibs?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

John%20Brown%20addresses%20the%20Rangers%20fans%20outside%20Ibrox%20.jpg

Is this rebel rouser still available for hire?

Nookie Bear

Now it's all gone to **** they want to blame everyone bar themselves, hindsight is a great thing but if they kept Fenlon I've no doubt they would have stayed up.

If they had backed Collins they would not have had to employ diddies like Fenlol.

They might even have finished top 6 under Fenlon.

Brilliant.

:rofl:

Archived