We've got absolutely nothing to worry about next season...

tommythejambo

kingantti1874

Agree... 4/5 experienced players and we will piss it... Pity the rangers will in there though

Shanghai Hearts

Yep exactly what I was thinking. Piss poor stuff at time, realise it is a high pressure game but that is how every game will be against us next season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Disagree. We should be confident, but "nothing to worry about", not for me. We should see ourselves as amongst the contenders and not take the eye off the ball imo.

Franco Fascione

Disagree. We should be confident, but "nothing to worry about", not for me. We should see ourselves as amongst the contenders and not take the eye off the ball imo.

Hear hear!

Der Kaiser

I agree. Success next season can be comfortably assured based on Hamilton's performance in one half of a game of football.

If we go into every match prepared to match the opposition's work rate we will finish well clear of the rest along with Rangers.

lets hope the team don't think like this and actually go and play their games without thinking its going to be a walk in the park

fabienleclerq

Can't believe how bad Hamilton are.

Really? I thought they've played some good football and if I were them I'd be annoyed to be behind. A keeper error and a cross that took a deflection has cost them so far.

Performance

Yes but probably clouded with the fact I lost money on the useless clowns. Thought they would rip them a new one tonight:'(

RealMaroonCF

We need to be calming down a shade. This is a team blown oot by tom many end of season games. Feet on the ground please lads.

Jambof3tornado

lets hope the team don't think like this and actually go and play their games without thinking its going to be a walk in the park

nobody is really thinking its a walk in the park but our young lads have nothing to fear. The standard is terrible!!

Holyrood_Hearts

They're making Hibs look decent here.

I expected a much closer game but Hamilton haven't been anywhere as good as I hoped.

Cummings has taken both goals well tbf.

Jambos1983

It will be a walk in the park if they are the second best team. Absolutely woeful

davemclaren

Let's not get too cocky. We'll need to work hard to get out of the Championship first attempt.

Let's not get too cocky. We'll need to work hard to get out of the Championship first attempt.

Agree. But if we work hard every week we will horse these teams. I'm now wondering about the standard of goalkeepers and centre halves in the Championship if Hamilton can finish 2nd and only lose out on promotion through goal difference.

tommythejambo

I think I may have exaggerated a wee bit.

I basically meant that the standard of football in the first division is A LOT lower than I expected.

Pants Shaton

They should hang their heads in shame. 2-0 home defeat against the shite. Disgraceful.

HMFC will be winning that league.

It may be simple but goals win matches and in all leagues if you have a goalscorer or two you will do well.

In the first division you can get away with an ordinary defence because the quality of strikers they face is generally ordinary also.

So ensure we have goals in our team and we will challenge.

Dirty Deeds

The danger is that we become poorer the longer the season goes on. The team that gets us up will not be the team that keeps us up.

Based on Hamilton today, we better win the league as the play-offs will be tough.

Jamboelite

It has shown perhaps in a small way that the standard is crap however they have played a few games in a short space of time.

I would also note every team will see us as a scalp and raise their game.

It wont be easy but we should finish in the top 2 with hard work and a bit of guile.

The 1902 gang

Hibs were gash tonight as they have been all season!! Small wee details that showed up tonight to c that the first division is gash ! Their first goal no pressure on cummings and the second keeper races off line when no need to he had cover!! Also hamilton hadnt a clue how to break a crap hibs team down if that was hearts tonight we would have won easy with the pace we have in the team! Just saying lol :)

letsalldothebeattie

We prepare for each game properly and approach it right we will go close to winning the championship.

Depending on what rangers turn up as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central Belt 1874

Agree. But if we work hard every week we will horse these teams. I'm now wondering about the standard of goalkeepers and centre halves in the Championship if Hamilton can finish 2nd and only lose out on promotion through goal difference.

This!

Attitude is everything ..............That`s been part of the problem at Hearts in recent years which certainly wasn`t a trait of our club previously, that we lost too many games to smaller clubs at Tynecastle due to players not accepting that teams see Hearts as a big game.

It`ll only be easier if the application is right, our focus is right and we play to a man to our maximum. If you think its just a case of turning up you`ve never competed in your life.

I thought Hamilton would've dealt better with the Hibs hoofball tactics. This is similar tactics to how Rangers approach games.

jamboinglasgow

All depends what happens with Rangers

exactly, If they keep McCoist and there isn't really that much action in signings for them then we have a great chance, if they either change their manager or they get some great signings in who will excel despite McCoist, then it is going to be a tough season.

Hamilton (at home) made H1B5 actually resemble a football team and has anyone seen der hun this season? They're ******* garbage, have no money to improve their squad, a shite manager and are likely to go into admin again. I don't expect it to be easy but we shouldn't be shiteing it from anyone.

Dagger Is Back

We don't have anything to fear, as long as we treat every team with respect, do our homework and treat every game properly. I we turn up and treat the game in the same way as say Livvy or QOS in the cup, and we'll get our arses felt.

Every team will be gunning for us.

Chaka Demus & pliers

If that's the second best team in the Championship.

It'll be easy.

Mind when we pumped Raith on penalties?

If we don't skoosh the league it's a complete beamer.

Goals change games and, by extension, ties.

Until Cummings goal - yes the keeper should have done better but it's still a great strike - it looked like there would be only one winner. Hamilton were causing havoc in the space around the Hibs defence. They just couldn't get the final ball right, though it only seemed a matter of time. Being a goal up then allowed Hibs to sit deeper and protect the lead, taking away Hamilton's space - compare the performance of MAC before and after the goal. He was brilliant before but barely touched the ball after.

All that being said, I've been saying every since some reactionary ******s responded to Lawrence Broadie's question on twitter asking where this Hearts season's Championship by proclaiming us a "mid-table side" that there is no great teams from the second tier this year. No Ross County, no St Johnstone, not even a 2010 Dunfermline. In fact, I'd say Dundee would do very well to stay up in next season's Premiership unless they overhaul a lot of that squad.

It'll be easy.

Mind when we pumped Raith on penalties?

Not as good as the time we pumped QOTS on penalties.

::troll:::'>

davemclaren

If we don't skoosh the league it's a complete beamer.

We should aim to go undefeated all season.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Hamilton knocked the ball about in midfield to an extent but as far as the stuff that actually matters in concerned - defending and final ball - they were pish. Any time Hibs did something fairly competently they looked dangerous. All the chat about the artificial pitch as well - Hibs actually looked better suited to it, as they have better technical players. And this was a Hibs team we dominated over the season, and actually would have finished above all things being equal.

Hamilton did some things well, but did them very slowly and didn't really hurt Hibs, Compare that to the pace and superior technical players we have...

When Hearts are at it next season, we'll cruise it against the majority of sides in that league. I'd be very surprised if ourselves and Rangers don't skoosh the top two positions between us.

We should aim to go undefeated all season.

Or when we thrashed Auchinshoogle 1-0.

Still think it's exciting that when we hit our stride we should bang in plenty of goals.

That's what will be neeed against moderate opposition to keep the crowds coming.

Snake Plissken

All these "let's not get too cocky" posts are amusing.

Are any of you playing? Will thinking we'll win just about every game have even the slightest bearing on the outcome of them? At worst, the supporters might be a little impatient if we're only winning 3-0 at half-time.

We'll get at least 90 points next year.

Feel free to bookmark.

Guest GhostHunter

All these "let's not get too cocky" posts are amusing.

Are any of you playing? Will thinking we'll win just about every game have even the slightest bearing on the outcome of them? At worst, the supporters might be a little impatient if we're only winning 3-0 at half-time.

We'll get at least 90 points next year.

Feel free to bookmark.

Bookmarked.

:)

Snake Plissken

Bookmarked.

:)

:lol:

At the end of next season I'm either going to be a visionary or an idiot.

On second half performance I thought that Hamilton were really poor. Easy to get excited but if this is the standard that awaits us we shouldn't have too many problems.

I can see us swapping places with Hibs next year as they don't have anyone with a 'points deduction' as a safety net next year!

On the other hand, if Rangers have a 'points deduction' we shouldn't count our chickens but......

I am not overly surprised by the result. Never saw the game, though, so not sure how Hamilton played.

However, if the players and coaching staff go into next season with that attitude, then we will havelts to worry about. Thankfully, I don't think they will. Confident, maybe, arrogant, no.

tartofmidlothian

This is spot on. But where last season wins were an exception, I think it'll be very much the other way round next season. Should get the crowd onside at least.

TheMaganator

I agree that the standard was poor but I'll wait to see who we bring in before I get too excited.

jack D and coke

:lol: anybody that believes we'll just pish our way through the championship based on that is in for a rude awakening.

I fully expect us to be challenging but I'll cool it with the pishing the league chat.

Archived