Motherwell in the Champions League

Jamblow

Should Rangers be banned from all European Competition?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Rangers be banned from all European Competition?

• Yes
    • No

Could it be a possibility. The scenes witnessed by the world from Manchester of Rangers Fans laying seige to the city can surely not go unpunished. Football can not afford to be associated with this in the 21st century. I believe our own FA should take the first step banning Rangers from Europe however I doubt they have the bottle. Scotland can either take the high ground over this or stick our heads in the sand.

Motherwell for Champions League.

chester copperpot
Could it be a possibility. The scenes witnessed by the world from Manchester of Rangers Fans laying seige to the city can surely not go unpunished. Football can not afford to be associated with this in the 21st century. I believe our own FA should take the first step banning Rangers from Europe however I doubt they have the bottle. Scotland can either take the high ground over this or stick our heads in the sand.

Motherwell for Champions League.

Still, too late for them to keep McGhee though eh?

The Wicker Man

Italian and Turkish teams have been getting away with far worse for years.

Exactly. Rangers may get a fine, may have to play behind closed doors but they will not be banned.

I would be truly amazed if they were, and if they were would UEFA necessarily give the spot to another Scottish team? Also, the fact that none of these actions took place within the ground may mean UEFA have no jurisdiction over it.

Still. Would you not agree this has caused immense damage to Scottish football. Any hopes of staging a European final, European Championships or even a World Club Championship will now be gone. Corporate sponsorship of the SPL or SFA must of also been hit. If you were a multinational do you want your products associated with Scottish football. The ramifications are truly huge.

Rangers must not go unpunished. Further to this the punishment should not come from UEFA but our own SFA.

alwaysthereinspirit
Exactly. Rangers may get a fine, may have to play behind closed doors but they will not be banned.

I would be truly amazed if they were, and if they were would UEFA necessarily give the spot to another Scottish team? Also, the fact that none of these actions took place within the ground may mean UEFA have no jurisdiction over it.

Wasn't the Russian fan stabbed inside the stadium?

Although some posters on here would tell you he deserved it because he was most likely a racist.

I think, at this stage, a hefty fine(it is not the first time their fans have caused trouble - remember Pamplona(sp)) and ban the fans from European matches for say 3 or 4 matches but not the actual football club.

Although some posters on here would tell you he deserved it because he was most likely a racist.

What if the individual had been killed? We should not tolerate this.

Was he? Yes, I think I heard that on the radio this morning. Good point!

I think, at this stage, a hefty fine(it is not the first time their fans have caused trouble - remember Pamplona(sp)) and ban the fans from European matches for say 3 or 4 matches but not the actual football club.

Agreed that UEFA should take action but the SFA should also take steps to put their own house in order.

They should be made to play behind close doors and fans banned from away games. Not fair on the decent fans who behaved, but it is allways the same where a minority spoil it for everyone.

Agreed that UEFA should take action but the SFA should also take steps to put their own house in order.

I wouldnt hold your breath re the SFA taking any serious action against Rangers, be it the fans or the actuall football club itself. Especially with Gordon Smith at the helm. I was seriously concerned at this guy getting the top SFA job at the time and I know why, the guy will back Rangers up to the hilt and Celtic as well. The guy an Old Firm man, they all stick together. Worryingly so.

Feyenoord are currently banned from Europe because of their fans......

:confused:

Are they Jayel? I never knew that. Very interesting.

I wouldnt hold your breath re the SFA taking any serious action against Rangers, be it the fans or the actuall football club itself. Especially with Gordon Smith at the helm. I was seriously concerned at this guy getting the top SFA job at the time and I know why, the guy will back Rangers up to the hilt and Celtic as well. The guy an Old Firm man, they all stick together. Worryingly so.

Interesting - Has Gordon Smith made any comments yet?

Tynie_John

Motherwell would do more damage to scottish football by playing in the champions league than Rangers fans could ever do.

Motherwell would do more damage to scottish football by playing in the champions league than Rangers fans could ever do.

I don't think you understand. Scottish football's reputation is in tatters. All around the world people are enjoying the videos and pictures of Scottish fans (albeit Rangers Fans) laying siege to a city. Reports of rival fans being stabbed, cars destroyed, riots, looting etc. etc.

Agreed Motherwell wouldn't do much for the coefficient but this is worse much worse.

Are they Jayel? I never knew that. Very interesting.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=498654.html

Sorry it was last season but same rules should apply to rangers.

:cool:

The footage shown tonight of a mob of Der Hun attacking a single police officer should be enough for a ban.

Doctor FinnBarr
I don't think you understand. Scottish football's reputation is in tatters. All around the world people are enjoying the videos and pictures of Scottish fans (albeit Rangers Fans) laying siege to a city. Reports of rival fans being stabbed, cars destroyed, riots, looting etc. etc.

Agreed Motherwell wouldn't do much for the coefficient but this is worse much worse.

Scottish Fans, Rangers, are you pulling the plonker??????

:hobofish:

Yeah but Feyenoord have a history of trouble

Oh I see................ :)

Could Motherwell be any worse in CL qualification than we were?

Yes, we won a game.

Feyenoord are in next season's UEFA Cup.

Scottish Fans, Rangers, are you pulling the plonker??????

:hobofish:

We all know that but we will all be tarred with the same brush by those outwith Scotland:hobofish:.

The footage shown tonight of a mob of Der Hun attacking a single police officer should be enough for a ban.

The problem is proving who actually attacked the officer, the likelihood is that an english hooligan element were involved.

And it is interesting to note that of the 42 arrests made which is nothing compared to the amount of people down there and were quite happily filled with lager laid on by manchester council the police are saying they dont know who commited the attack. Why not ? because the police were running away from doing their job.

The reality is that manchester were happy to take the money but not put on the resources to control the crowd. Uefa can only get involved if the trouble is within the grounds of an event which they control.

If someone gets arrested with a football top on should that club be banned because of an idiot, criminal behaviour should not be linked by which team you support,

after all if that was the case hibs would have no ****ing fans at their games

Best laugh was the clip when they showed one of the **** who had been bitten by a police dog, claimed he had not done anything and the police were heavy handed.

Believe me these cops love their dogs and would never let them bite any of these ****bags unless it was totally necessary.

Hope the dog got a tetanus booster and a rabies shot to keep it alive after taking in so much filth.

colinmaroon

First step - get rid of Herr Murray's latter day Goebbels!

Smith must go!!!

Interesting - Has Gordon Smith made any comments yet?

The silence from the gfa on this has been deafening.

They're too busy making 'judge and jury' statements about Hearts diciplinary record and how much we will be fined before any commitee has even discussed the matter.

Pants Shaton
The silence from the gfa on this has been deafening.

They're too busy making 'judge and jury' statements about Hearts diciplinary record and how much we will be fined before any commitee has even discussed the matter.

Hearts disciplinary record is the real cancer eating away at the fabric of Scottish (if not world) football.

No, the SFA would have the right to complain that what Rangers fans sone shouldn't affect Scottish football by halving the entrants into the CL. I would have though they would be given the same treatment as Inter got when a flare was thrown at Dida, 3 matches behind closed doors and a huge fine. It would affect the club financially - no gate reciepts for 3 big games and it would upset the innocent fans hopefully sparking them into some kind of action against the guilty fans, like self policing in all matches.

Archived