Journos supporting Levein

K1874M

Most are west coats based, and if not their media are, so the OF are their biggest customers. Few therefore will support Levein!

I expect folk like Ewan Murray in the Guardian will, and one or two others.

But the arm of the OF media reaches far.

Most are west coats based, and if not their media are, so the OF are their biggest customers. Few therefore will support Levein!

I expect folk like Ewan Murray in the Guardian will, and one or two others.

But the arm of the OF media reaches far.

The boy covering the Rangers-Utd game for the Express backed Levein and Jim McLean (not the torn-faced Dundee Utd guy) has been getting tore into referees all season.

Just as I thought....

I believe that the refs are scared to give decisions against Rangers and Celtic, thru fear their houses and lifes will be destroyed.... could happen.

I also believe the media fuel this by supporting the Old Frim on all stances for the same reasons.

What can be done?? Not much unfortunatly unless the refs run about like the stig so they cant be recognised.

It's definitely another argument for the television evidence debate. If decisions could be amended/reversed following a game it would certainly affect the influence of referees and consequently, any motivation to 'punish' them. But then, there are also a zillion other things that would have to be taken into consideration in that debate too....so....I don't really know.

Short of a witness protection type scheme thing there isn't much that can be done about it....makes you wonder why anyone would want to be a referee in the first place.

It's definitely another argument for the television evidence debate. If decisions could be amended/reversed following a game it would certainly affect the influence of referees and consequently, any motivation to 'punish' them. But then, there are also a zillion other things that would have to be taken into consideration in that debate too....so....I don't really know.

Short of a witness protection type scheme thing there isn't much that can be done about it....makes you wonder why anyone would want to be a referee in the first place.

Makes you wonder why anyone would be a ref in Scotland for sure. The English refs dont seem to get their windows tanned in like ours. Another example of scottish schemieness.

So that maybe one day they can 'play' ;) for their boyhood heroes

:P

Makes you wonder why anyone would be a ref in Scotland for sure. The English refs dont seem to get their windows tanned in like ours. Another example of scottish schemieness.

It's probably safe to assume that there are certain 'perks' which make it slightly less off-putting....humph.

So that maybe one day they can 'play' ;) for their boyhood heroes

:P

Wearing number 12 beats wearing no number at all....

Only a Game

Unfortunately for Craig, the events at Ibrox last week have been shoved into a dark wee corner, overhshadowed by what happened in Manchester last night, coupled with the death of Tommy Burns.

I'm not saying that both of those things are not significant but its a pity the focus has been allowed to be moved away from the Levein issue.

No doubt it will suit those in authority and in the media to avoid something difficult.

Archived