Commercial Director

hmfc1440

This post was advertised after Ali Russell's departure to QPR months ago.

The post is a major role at any football club, however, it appears no appointment was made unless I missed it.

Does it also take 6 months to fill this role or does it just not matter any more?

While we have instructed an agency to find a new sponsor it is also the role of the Commercial Director to secure one, however, Hearts will continue with Ukio on their shirts next year which indicates massive failure to bring in much needed revenue.

How long can we continue without a prominent individual in this role - or is someone working incognito? :rolleyes:

This post was advertised after Ali Russell's departure to QPR months ago.

The post is a major role at any football club, however, it appears no appointment was made unless I missed it.

Does it also take 6 months to fill this role or does it just not matter any more?

While we have instructed an agency to find a new sponsor it is also the role of the Commercial Director to secure one, however, Hearts will continue with Ukio on their shirts next year which indicates massive failure to bring in much needed revenue.

How long can we continue without a prominent individual in this role - or is someone working incognito? :rolleyes:

Well, we have not had a proper CEO untill recently, but we operated for ages without one, although rodney was kind off acting as an offshore CEO.

We have not had a manager for years...several individuals have claimed to been holding down that position allthough it has been reported that the postiton will be filled when the right candidate is found.

So in the grand scheme of things 6 months to find a new commercial director is good going... give it another year or so and see if there has been any updates. You will not get an official update, it will be through the grape vine that you hear someting as the club refuse to communicate effectively with the lifeboold of the club.

Well, we have not had a proper CEO untill recently, but we operated for ages without one, although rodney was kind off acting as an offshore CEO.

We have not had a manager for years...several individuals have claimed to been holding down that position allthough it has been reported that the postiton will be filled when the right candidate is found.

So in the grand scheme of things 6 months to find a new commercial director is good going... give it another year or so and see if there has been any updates. You will not get an official update, it will be through the grape vine that you hear someting as the club refuse to communicate effectively with the lifeboold of the club.

Agree with all of the above.

One thing stands out here though - Not appointing a Commercial Director indicates clearly that you are not interested in maintaining or developing the income streams to the club - it is complete & outright neglect!

Why would any board want this to slip?

Agree with all of the above.

One thing stands out here though - Not appointing a Commercial Director indicates clearly that you are not interested in maintaining or developing the income streams to the club - it is complete & outright neglect!

Why would any board want this to slip?

Maybe it will make the end game easier for him. I think the end game is to put us under and that will be so much easier when your are ?30-40 mill in the red with income streams of around ?10 mill.

I hate sneaky russians

happy jambo

How do you know that it will be UKIO that will be on the shirts for next season ?

How do you know that it will be UKIO that will be on the shirts for next season ?

There you go mate!

We paid money for a marketing comapny to find us a new sponsor and then decided to go with UKIO. Complete waste of money again.

happy jambo

Thanks for the link , Scotsman web page not working @ the moment a bit like our team . Will take your word on this deal , I agree waste of Money if this is the case .

There you go mate!

We paid money for a marketing comapny to find us a new sponsor and then decided to go with UKIO. Complete waste of money again.

A sponsorship agency hired by Hearts to find a sponsor don't find a sponsor, there is no Commercial Director to find a sponsor, there is no sign of the Board appointing a Commercial Director - there is no interest in finding a sponsor.

It all goes back to the same thing - nothing gets done about anything.

So negligent on the football department and negligent on the commercial department - those who are "believing" are hanging on by a thread.

Surely all will become totally clear to those who still "believe" on the next moves or no moves by the board in the following weeks - Hearts are going nowhere fast! :sad:

A sponsorship agency hired by Hearts to find a sponsor don't find a sponsor, there is no Commercial Director to find a sponsor, there is no sign of the Board appointing a Commercial Director - there is no interest in finding a sponsor.

It all goes back to the same thing - nothing gets done about anything.

So negligent on the football department and negligent on the commercial department - those who are "believing" are hanging on by a thread.

Surely all will become totally clear to those who still "believe" on the next moves or no moves by the board in the following weeks - Hearts are going nowhere fast! :sad:

I agree. I think there is probably 6 weeks left untill it either goes tits up or we have a 2nd wind and appoint a decent coach and make a go of things.

depending on what happens haerts future will be decided sooner rather than later I think.

Judging by recent feedback there is absolutely zero movement on the manager front so "Quick Moves" would need to be made in the next few weeks, however,

the Board ain't renowned for speed.

Therefore, it is tilting towards the negative at this point in the proceedings, however, there is the knowledge we can expect the unexpected with Vlad!

It's the waiting that is grinding us all down - these few weeks will seem like a lifetime. :frustrated:

Judging by recent feedback there is absolutely zero movement on the manager front so "Quick Moves" would need to be made in the next few weeks, however,

the Board ain't renowned for speed.

Therefore, it is tilting towards the negative at this point in the proceedings, however, there is the knowledge we can expect the unexpected with Vlad!

It's the waiting that is grinding us all down - these few weeks will seem like a lifetime. :frustrated:

yeah and thats why the lines of communication with the fans need to be improved greatly. I can not remember a time where I have felt so frustrated with the club.

yeah and thats why the lines of communication with the fans need to be improved greatly. I can not remember a time where I have felt so frustrated with the club.

There's no communication between; football department & board, commercial department & board, fans & board, administration department & board, commercial department & football department, commercial department & administration department, football department & administration department,

fans & football department, fans & administration department.

The lines of communication are down, the wires are jammed and that's just the way the board want it - divide to conquer.

We are all over the place, however, it's the same at every other club you know - normal practice. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of applying for the job. Maybe I should stick a CV in and update you all on the progress!

I was thinking of applying for the job. Maybe I should stick a CV in and update you all on the progress!

Aye, why not? you can come back here in about 3 years from now, once they have written to tell you that you have made the shortlist and will be making a formall offer to the successfull applicant with a view to starting the position in 2013. Your first mission will be to find a suitable kit sponsor!

Archived