Weirdest Piece of Hearts Memoribilia

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

What's the tackiest/most off the wall over the years?

My old man got me the Michael Ngoo mug for my birthday. It's really badly made and is fading away to nothing after about a year, which now seems like a weird ceramic manifestation of big Michael's football career.

Currahee!

My mum still has my Hearts are Magic mug in her house from when I was wee.

She always makes my cuppa in it.

Only thing wrong with it is Tynecastle is spelt Tyncastle. Oh and Mickey Dolenz out the Monkees seems to be in the crowd. :lol:

scott herbertson

One of my work colleagues went to Cyprus and found a maroon badge ona stall with F%"* the Hibs! on it and thought it wouuld make an ideal gift for me

I stuck it up on the kitchen board and forgot about it.

Years later my son who was about 7 at the time got detention at school for calling another boy a F*"% Monster.(for squashing a bug int he playground)

I was called in to see the Headteacher with my boy and explained that I couldn't imagine where he had heard that language, only for him to say "it's on the wall in the kitchen"

:sob:

Hearts Heritage

Steve Fulton's Bud can from after the 1998 final.

image03.jpg

Got one of those fridge magnet things, it says Hearts FC Tennants Scottish Cup Winners 1997/98.its a picture of a cartoon character and its got some maroon and white fluff for hair (on its head) its been on my fridge for about 16 years .God only knows where it came from.

image03.jpg

That's not tacky.... That's just downright creepy. ;)

Similar to the recently tweeted about blind auction for the hearts v barca street parking sign

I have one from the ferencvaros game

The Treasurer

Years ago we were on holiday in Minorca and we saw a market stall selling hand painted footballer figures.

They were wee lego type figures stuck to a pebble painted green to look like a "football pitch" with the name of the team written on it.

They all the usual ones Madrid, Barca, Man U etc but they had one Hearts one complete with the Strongbow logo on his shirt.

It still has pride of place on my window sill

scooter84

framed john robertson fine fare league young footballer of the month award march 1986 was handed to me from a hearts staff member when i was a young

scooter84

framed fine fare league young footballer of the month award john robertson march 1986 handed to me from hearts staff member when i was young

Mate was at a hearts doo late on at night he asked Roman Romanov for his tie, it had a drink dropped stain on it. He gave it to me as if it was some trophy...Sad to say I still have it, it's in the same box as a the Robertson protest balloon written on it " get this balloon out of here"

Maroon Sailor

A caricature badge (about the size of a Jaffa cake) from the late 70's.

Graham Shaw with a menacing grin standing with one foot on the stomach of a puny Hibs player with the slogan

" Graham Shaw eats soft centres "

Pennywise

Still got all the newspapers from 98, 06 and 5-1. The streamer we were meant to chuck when the team came out at Hampden. Some random programmes from away days in Aberdeen. A mug with Beatties in it saying "lets all do the Beattie. A teddy from when i was awfy wee, with a Hearts top on, still sits on a shelf in my boys room. That teddy must be about 25 yes old!

I have a couple of these gilzean badges Walter Kidd walk on wingers.

I have also kept the wee free radio earpiece thingy we got free to listen to hearts world on...still in box.

Hearts Heritage

That's not tacky.... That's just downright creepy. ;)

He saw we were so thirsty and gave it to us full .

A 'full tin' from Fulton

nothing weird i think, ton of old programmes, few tops and a maroon belled hat thing from 06 final

super_vlad

image03.jpg

Is that not just a bit creepy?

Hve a random little teddy bear with one of the early umbro kits (with the white and anber trim) sponsored by ukio bankas

Its small and random and is a little bit weird tbh

A metal Teviot Hearts Supporers club badge from 60 years ago.

It is my lucky charm.

hoof.hearted

God knows why I kept this but think it must be for the weirdness angle.

I still have a green paper hand towel from the City Hospital signed by a young Join Robertson.

My girlfriend at the time was a nurse there and treated Robbo when he came in with a broken nose, broken by none other than Sandy Jardine in training.

He saw we were so thirsty and gave it to us full .

A 'full tin' from Fulton

Ha well im also a 'full tin' so gonna use that in future when im being generous.

Is that not just a bit creepy?

No any more its not

Alan Johnson

Used to have a wine shop napkin signed by Robbo but imagine that's probably been lost now.

Also got a Levein-era strip signed by Neil MacFarlane :jjyay:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Another Robbo

Still got a 2007-8 fixture list fridge magnet stuck on my fridge and one from the same season of Laryea Kingston...

Dalstonjambo

One of my work colleagues went to Cyprus and found a maroon badge ona stall with F%"* the Hibs! on it and thought it wouuld make an ideal gift for me

I stuck it up on the kitchen board and forgot about it.

Years later my son who was about 7 at the time got detention at school for calling another boy a F*"% Monster.(for squashing a bug int he playground)

I was called in to see the Headteacher with my boy and explained that I couldn't imagine where he had heard that language, only for him to say "it's on the wall in the kitchen"

:sob:

A friend of mine came back from a family holiday in greece when we were about 14 with a similar badge that says, 'I'm a Jambo, **** the Hibs!'

Imagine the excitement of a young EJ in an essex playground on receiving this!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Got a Hearts Vs Sheep program from a couple of years ago signed by the Duchess of York.

A copy of Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk signed in some crap pub in George st by Walter Kidd. Don't know why I had it on me. I'll have to dig it out.

The People's Chimp

An enamel pin badge, one of the Strip ones with a player's name on the back, which says QUINTANGO. :lol:

SpikeDudley

remember the William and Kate commemorative mugs?

Wish I'd bought one at the time! :lol:

fabienleclerq

I have a sqbbl Hearts badge that my old boy gave me. Some of the older posters will get it.

End of 99/00 season when we qualified for Europe I was 16 and was one of many on the pitch celebrating with the players when they came back out with the "hearts are going to Europe" t-shirts. Fitzroy Simpson gave me his T-shirt.

I don't know where it is now though :sob:

Elvis still had his strip on but wouldn't give it up because he'd been told not to. Shitebag.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I have a cassette tape that was given to me weeks before the Rangers v Hearts league cup final in 96 (4-3 one) and I think the song on it was called "jambos are there", it had a proper cover and im sure the cassette was printed on also. It seemed professionally recorded however I had never heard the song before (or since) and it had some sort of carnival style backing music with whistles ect.

Pants Shaton

Rod Petrie has a maroon, solid rubber cylinder, with a bell-shaped tip, and a Hearts crest on the shaft.

It's about 30.48cm and he calls it 'metaphor'. Heard from an Easter Road insider, no idea if it's true.

Back of the Bus

I have an Hearts Junior Club certificate for walking around the Tynecasle pitch 40-odd times in 1987.

Performance

I was given a gift of a ceramic hearts egg cup that holds a golf ball and is covered that is covered with a wee hearts Tammie. For it years ago ago in the secret Santa dip.

bighusref

It's not weird at all, but since folk are mentioning it, I have a Paulo Sergio mug with The Specials quote noted in my sig on the other side. It's amazing, I love it. :wub:

Fxxx the SPFL

I have a sqbbl Hearts badge that my old boy gave me. Some of the older posters will get it.

South Queensferry, Broxburn, Bathgate and Linlithgow HSC possibly. Boness !!!

PS I have a boys cap circa 1950's maroon with the white pin stripe through made by a firm of reputable hat kickers makers in Edinburgh whose name alludes me at present will check when i get home.

Not weird but there is a 1958 Heart of Midlothian tour of Canada pin badge on e-bay priced ?299.99. Personally i had the old tin badges with "Busby strikes faster than British rail" and "Jesus saves but Busby net's the rebound".

Tasavallan

I have a segment of the old flagpole that used to be attached to the end of the shed.

TheMaganator

remember the William and Kate commemorative mugs?

Wish I'd bought one at the time! :lol:

I got the shirt. Easily the best bit of Hearts kit I own.

The establishment club

DABA015A-E448-4660-AE6C-6133D51F23AE-177-000000771C0D2B02_zps540e256c.jpg

The establishment club

How did you manage to get that ?, if you don't mind me asking.

TheMaganator

How did you manage to get that ?, if you don't mind me asking.

They were selling them in the Club shop in St James Centre at the time.

I was in Amsterdam on a stag so I sent my mate up to buy one for me.

I saw one on eBay recently.

They were selling them in the Club shop in St James Centre at the time.

I was in Amsterdam on a stag so I sent my mate up to buy one for me.

I saw one on eBay recently.

Looks brilliant Task now, to get my hands on one.

Franco Fascione

Cassette tape audio recording of the BBC commentary from the Hearts v Celtic 1956 Scottish Cup Final.

A cigarette lighter with engraving given to each Hearts squad member who was on the trip to Canada - I think it was 1958 ish.

The establishment club

Saw one of these on eBay not long ago! Also was a Hearts 07/08 away top, with the sleeve patch saying 'Hearts vs Barcelona' etc etc etc, were they sold to the public?

TheMaganator

Saw one of these on eBay not long ago! Also was a Hearts 07/08 away top, with the sleeve patch saying 'Hearts vs Barcelona' etc etc etc, were they sold to the public?

I'm not sure re the Barca one but I just picked up the Barca badged strip on eBay for ?20

PumpkinJambo

I have the one of the ducks that I've seen posted on another thread recently. I think I might have left it at my mum and dad's, will have to get it next time I'm there!

I have a teddy from the (I think) 05/06 season and a hand-knitted doll in a maroon and white kit who I've had since I was born. He's called Robbo. Also at my mum and dad's, I think.

Years ago I had a bobble hat from the club shop that was maroon and white, but turn it inside out and WHAM - it's an 'away' hat with grey and maroon stripes.. AND another bobble! Loved it but the bobble inside made it sit up off yer head about a mile. I think Brian Harvey and E17 must have seen them before they wore such silly hats!

Cassette tape audio recording of the BBC commentary from the Hearts v Celtic 1956 Scottish Cup Final.

A cigarette lighter with engraving given to each Hearts squad member who was on the trip to Canada - I think it was 1958 ish.

See post 39.

Archived