Why the players werent trying

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Because other players like Pinilla and Nade who havent tried a leg all season have been allowed to feck off early.

One of the early incidents with Burley was when he wanted to send Miko back to Kaunus for turning up a week late for training,because he wanted an extended honeymoon.

This was the first instance of Romanov interfering and insisting his love child was allowed to flaunt the rules .

Recently Miko was allowed to return home weeks early so his bairn could be born in Lithuania,and he could play the doting faither.

Also instead of blooding youngsters ,clowns like Ivacouscous were given a game.

Anybody who was at the poty do last Sunday,would have seen first hand how ****ed of the players are.

We_are_the_Hearts

The club is a shambles, anyone who disagrees with this is in denial.

The club is a shambles, anyone who disagrees with this is in denial.

give it time...someone will be along to tell you that all clubs have internal squables about certain players gettign better treatment than others.

IMO Romanov should not take anything to do with player requests. This should be dealt with Via the manager/acting manager and his word should be final.

Miko is the type to go over everyones head tho and get his own way...sneaky wee scrotttt!

Gigolo-Aunt

So players were not trying as Pinilla is allowed to go home early ?

If that is true, they should all be given a free transfer.

Bunch of ****ing kids.

Because other players like Pinilla and Nade who havent tried a leg all season have been allowed to feck off early.

One of the early incidents with Burley was when he wanted to send Miko back to Kaunus for turning up a week late for training,because he wanted an extended honeymoon.

This was the first instance of Romanov interfering and insisting his love child was allowed to flaunt the rules .

Recently Miko was allowed to return home weeks early so his bairn could be born in Lithuania,and he could play the doting faither.

Anybody who was at the poty do last Sunday,would have seen first hand how ****ed of the players are.

And to excacerbate the problem Roman Romanov repeated at the AGM (please correct me if i'm wrong) that the first team decisions will still be dealt with by committee.

Means we'll never get a proper manager and we'll be fecked for, eh, ever.

So you are saying that Miko is not allowed to go home to Lithuania for the birth of his child, because we had to play Killie and Gretna in two pointless games??

What other work places make you miss your childs birth?

Colonel Kurtz
So you are saying that Miko is not allowed to go home to Lithuania for the birth of his child, because we had to play Killie and Gretna in two pointless games??

What other work places make you miss your childs birth?

does your work give you 3 weeks off to attend the birth

does your work give you 3 weeks off to attend the birth

No, I would get two weeks paternity leave.

Anyway look at the publishing date (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Miko39s-season-could--be.4062318.jp) it was 1 week ago not three. I would not let anything get in the way of attending the birth of my child.

Where do you get 3 weeks from?

I can actually see where the players are coming from.

For all two long there have been double standards at Tynie with regard player treatment. Certain players get selected at the expense of better players, certain players are backed up/encouraged to flaut discpline rules, certain players go running to the owner when things like they don't happen etc, etc.

I suspect like the fans they were told things would change around the 1/1. You know a more traditional approach to football management would be appointed, favouritism would stop etc!

Yet low and behold a few weeks/month the same old issues/problems rear their head. I can understand why certain people are saying 'feck this for a game of soldiers!'

I don't think its certain players be let to go early but just another demostartion of the double standards and favouritism that surrounds are club and causes huge problems in the squad.

This is far from an isolated problem. Also it should be the manager who makes the decision who can stay and go, not some fax maxhine!

I agree that if players are getting away early for no reason you should be p***ed of but, dont agree with Miko receiving the critisiscm here. The boy should be with his missus for the child-birth.

Miko just gets it tight on here most of the time for no reason that I can see. IMO he has been one of the better players this season and should def be in the plans for next season

Aren't Pinilla and Nade both injured? I may be wrong.

Players should dtill gove 100% regardless though, albeit easier said than done if their work environment is rubbish.

Still, the ?xK per week should soften the blow...

Colonel Kurtz
I agree that if players are getting away early for no reason you should be p***ed of but, dont agree with Miko receiving the critisiscm here. The boy should be with his missus for the child-birth.

Miko just gets it tight on here most of the time for no reason that I can see. IMO he has been one of the better players this season and should def be in the plans for next season

And what about his decision to come back a week late for training,as he wanted to spend a week on the beach with his missus without even asking for permission,then going over the managers head direct to Romanov greeting because he was punished .

Other players havent been given weeks off to attend child birth during the season,if there is even a perception of favouritism then discipline suffers.

If Miko s wife has a wee laddie what do you think one of the names will be.

And what about his decision to come back a week late for training,as he wanted to spend a week on the beach with his missus without even asking for permission,then going over the managers head direct to Romanov greeting because he was punished .

Other players havent been given weeks off to attend child birth during the season,if there is even a perception of favouritism then discipline suffers.

If Miko s wife has a wee laddie what do you think one of the names will be.

I personally think that all players should be entitiled to two weeks paternity leave like the rest of us. I was not aware other players did not get the same treatment, who was it out of interest?

As for the honeymoon incident, I wasnt aware of that and he should have been discliplined accordingly for that.

We_are_the_Hearts

The players should be busting a gut to prove they should be in the squad for next season. NO EXCUSES

Thats no excuse, we all work with fan eh's, doesnt mean we have to stop caring.

Yes its a problem but one grown men should be able to deal with.... maybe start by looking at them selfs and those who pay good money to attend games.

I've said it before, people on the dole work harder for there cash than some of our players.

Poor excuse.

I want the players to play for the jersey and play for the fans.

I couldn't give a hoot if they don't get along off the pitch, if they are trotting that out as an excuse then get rid of them (and the ones who were available but couldnae be bothered and dissappeared)

Nelly Terraces

Hearts are an amateurish set up across most levels of the business. The football side is just one example of that.

The Wrinkly Ninja

So the players are ****ed off because some player are away home - freeing up places in the first team.

They are also complaining because they didn't get a game ahead of Inaskavicious.

They can't have it both ways....

What's the excuse for last season's shambles ?

Guest JamboRobbo

Makes perfect sense to me, and sounds exactly like the way every footballer I've known reacts.

FORTHCLYDE

As well as Miko, Kingston had time off when his wife gave birth also.

If these two players had tried and sweated for the jersey I would have no problems with that, but they know they can take the mick and nothing will be done.

It would be interesting to hear quotes - even anonymous - of the state of minds of our players, and what they feel.

Then we could properly analyse whether they have a point

We cant really get stuck into them on the basis that CK is providing what appears to be his take on things

As well as Miko, Kingston had time off when his wife gave birth also.

If these two players had tried and sweated for the jersey I would have no problems with that, but they know they can take the mick and nothing will be done.

So if your missus was due to give birth and you couldn't be bothered at your work would you turn round and say. "I cant be bothered trying at work, so I will not take any paternity leave"

Didnt think so, you would be taking the two weeks off, just like any of the rest of us guys.

Granted Kingston has been lazy when he's actually played for us this season its no excuse to deny him time of for his new born child.

Miko was injured anyway and was going to be out for the Killie game. I agree about the honeymoon incident, but that was ages ago so don't see what that has to do with anything now.

Not sure about Pinilla, but Nade only went home on Tuesday and is injured, so not that much earlier.

Presumably if these paternity laws are being followed to the book the players didnt get paid for their leave?

Hilary Briss

The whole situation at our club is a joke, however there is no excuse for not trying :mad:

Drew Busby !

Doesn't matter a damn if players bog off home early to Lithuania, Chile or wherever. For some players their role is just to occupy a jersey from week to week without any need to achieve any attainable standard of ability, fitness or motivation. For others - no matter how physiologically or psychologically crocked - their role is to conjure up just enough attention to generate a decently sized transfer fee. In either case their short-term presence or absence doesn't matter a jot to the club management, because things like winning games, doing well in competition, pleasing the fans ... just doesn't matter any more to the club hierarchy.

The prevailing mentality in the squad strikes me as ... theres no sanction for not-trying ... and theres no particular reward for trying ... "either way I get paid" . Result ? Total indifference across the whole squad.

Guest JamboRobbo
Miko was injured anyway and was going to be out for the Killie game. I agree about the honeymoon incident, but that was ages ago so don't see what that has to do with anything now.

It was the FIRST sign of the problem which has plagued our club for 3 seasons. Vladimir Romanov, over-ruling and undermining the manager.

So long as that continues, our problems will persist.

Aren't Pinilla and Nade both injured? I may be wrong.

Players should dtill gove 100% regardless though, albeit easier said than done if their work environment is rubbish.

Still, the ?xK per week should soften the blow...

i always find it good policy to assume pinilla is injured , that way you are covering 95% of his season....................:rolleyes:

Presumably if these paternity laws are being followed to the book the players didnt get paid for their leave?

http://www.roydens.co.uk/content06b.htm

PATERNITY LEAVE AND PATERNITY PAY

ENTITLEMENT

A male employee is entitled to take paternity leave and claim paternity pay if:

he has worked continuously for the employer for at least 26 weeks at the end of the 15th week before the Expected Week of Childbirth (?the EWC?) and remains continuously employed up to the date of birth; he has provided the information required by the employer for those employees wishing to take paternity leave;

he is the biological father of the child and he has, or expects to have, responsibility for the upbringing of the child in conjunction with the child?s mother; or

he is married to or is the partner of the child?s mother (he is the mother?s partner if he lives with her in an enduring relationship) and he has, or expects to have, the main responsibility (apart from any responsibility of the mother) for the upbringing of the child.

ACTION

The following information must be notified to the employer by the end of the 15th week before the EWC or, if that deadline is for some reason not reasonably practicable, then as soon as reasonably practicable:

confirmation that the employee is the biological father of the child and will have responsibility for the upbringing of the child in conjunction with the mother or if he is married to the child?s mother or he is living with her in an enduring relationship and has, or expects to have, the main responsibility (apart from any responsibility of the mother) for the upbringing of the child;

confirmation of the EWC;

confirmation of the date on which he intends to commence paternity leave (this confirmation must be given in writing);

confirmation on whether he intends to take one or two full week?s paternity leave;

if so required by the employer, a certificate from a registered medical practitioner or a registered midwife stating the EWC;

confirmation when the baby was actually born, as soon as reasonably practicable after the birth.

If a male employee fails to provide the above information by the deadline specified, and without a good reason for any delay in doing so, he may forfeit his right to paternity leave.

The employer will require the employee to complete a self-certificate form as evidence of his entitlement to claim paternity leave and/or paternity pay.

LENGTH OF PATERNITY LEAVE

If the male employee satisfies the qualifying conditions and complies with the action required by the employer he will be entitled to choose to take either 1 week or 2 consecutive weeks? paternity leave.

Paternity leave must be taken in blocks of not less than one or two full weeks. Any lesser period of paternity leave taken will be deemed to constitute a full block of entitlement. Only one period of leave will be permitted irrespective of whether more than one child is born as a result of the same pregnancy.

WHEN PATENITY LEAVE MAY BE TAKEN

An male employee may choose to start his paternity leave:

from the date of the child?s birth;

from a chosen number of days or weeks after the date of the child?s birth;

from a chosen date.

Paternity leave must be taken within 56 days of the actual date of birth of the child or, if the child is born early, within 56 days after the end of the EWC.

STATUTORY MATERNITY PAY

If an employee qualifies for paternity leave and chooses to take it, he is entitled to Statutory Paternity Pay (?SPP?) during his paternity leave provided he has average earnings at or above the lower earnings limit for the payment of national insurance contributions for the 8 weeks before the end of the 15th week before the EWC, and has given a minimum of 28 days notice of your right to claim SPP before it is due to be paid.

If an employee is entitled to SPP he will be paid the lesser of ninety per cent (90%) of his average weekly earnings or the standard rate, for the period of paternity leave which you actually take.

RIGHT TO RETURN

If an employee takes paternity leave for a period of 1 or 2 weeks he is entitled to return to the same job which he carried out prior to his absence.

CONTRACTUAL BENEFITS

A male employee is entitled to the benefit of his normal terms and conditions of employment, save for terms relating to salary (unless his contract states otherwise), throughout his paternity leave. He cannot be paid SPP at the same time as Statutory Sick Pay (?SSP?). If he is unwell before starting his period of paternity leave, he should postpone it.

As it says here they should have wages paid at SSP, unless Hearts have a policy of paying full wages as some work-places do

http://www.roydens.co.uk/content06b.htm

As it says here they should have wages paid at SSP, unless Hearts have a policy of paying full wages as some work-places do

Yeah thats what I meant

I am presuming the SSP for paternity isnt ?4k per week, so I am presuming they didnt get paid their normal salaries - if all that is happening is that they are following the letter of the law.

Yeah thats what I meant

I am presuming the SSP for paternity isnt ?4k per week, so I am presuming they didnt get paid their normal salaries - if all that is happening is that they are following the letter of the law.

Just checked my works info and SSP for Paternity is ?112.75 per week, would be interesting to see if this is the case or if they were granted time off on full pay (if so then I thik that is a problem, as appossed to players actually being allowed to attend the births)

Now for the good news:

That's the kind of thing a proper manager could sort out instantly.

IMA MAROON

The players told you this or are you making it up?

John Findlay

Some would argue alot of players have not been trying since August last year.

So to say it's because certain players got away early is a bit tad niave in the kindest and just plain daft in the not kindness.

John

Guest JamboRobbo
Some would argue alot of players have not been trying since August last year.

So to say it's because certain players got away early is a bit tad niave in the kindest and just plain daft in the not kindness.

John

John, it's been a problem that has festered since the day Vlad over ruled Burley and allowed Miko back to the club.

It's a tad niave to not realise the problems this causes.

Ivan Drago

I think the colonel is simply stating that this is part of the overall problem at the club, and that these problems are not getting close to being sorted despite the infamous January 1st 'statement'.

Mick Belker

You are right Bud, Pressley warned us about all this p1sh. It's still happening. There is no code of conduct/disipline and it's breeding contempt. We need some ****er to take the bull with the horns and sort this sorry mess out! :sterb003:

Ryan Gosling

Pinilla got told to go home by Romanov early because he's going out to Lithuania before pre-season starts to get training a bit earlier, plus VR wants to keep an eye on him.

For what it's worth.

Ryan Gosling
That statement, if true, just demonstartes everything that is wrong with our club!

I dunno, I thought it was quite astute from VR - he can see first hand if he's 'up for it'. If not, he can just punt him there and then.

Guest JamboRobbo

Should not be the manager who asses if he's up for it? These are the people who are going to be working together.

Of course it should

How do you think other squad members view it?

A joke.

Does not maybe add to Vlads delusion that he is the Lithuanian Alex Ferguson?

I expect so.

As matter of interest will he be training with the Kaunas squad or on his own?

Or maybe Malofeev's expertise will be called upon to giet Pinilla superfit with his super fitness training.

Ryan Gosling
You think?

Should not be the manager who asses if he's up for it? These are the people who are going to be working together.

How do you think other squad members view it?

Does not maybe add to Vlads delusion that he is the Lithuanian Alex Ferguson?

As matter of interest will he be training with the Kaunas squad or on his own?

No idea.

Frail's been the manager and decided in his mind he's not up for it, but he's not Frail's investment.

How do the players feel? Don't know why they'd be bothered, he went home on Saturday I think. If he's not been included with the squads for months I don't see why it would affect them. Would be different if he was in the squad the last few weeks then just sent home. But I take your point.

PS I don't think Malofeev will be in charge of his fitness given it was his wheelbarrow races that aggravated the wrist injury he had.

According to the press soundbites footballers have "professional pride" to play for and they "owe it to the fans to put in a performance".

From what I gather the OP is effectively saying that NO player at Hearts has any pride in his performance and doesn't give a stuff about the fans?

Guest JamboRobbo

From what I gather the OP is effectively saying that NO player at Hearts has any pride in his performance and doesn't give a stuff about the fans?

Now how I read it. I think the OP is quite right in saying that the environment at our club is not condusive to getting the best out of our players.

If players aren't properly motivated by the manager we won't get the extra 5 or 10% which good managers manage to get out of players via man management. That is what good managers do, and that 5 or 10% is all the difference between winning and losing football matches.

When the manager is undermined by they owner over-ruling the managers decisions, effectively the manager looks powerless to the players, and without the authority he needs, it makes his job in motivating and getting the best out of players nigh on impossible.

Ryan Gosling
The players need to be treated as equals, that is one of the first things that needs to be done for squad unity to return in some state.

Demoralising for strikers? Like Elliot's going to be dropped while Frail is here anyway.

My view is certain players need different treatment - some need their ego massaged, an arm round their shoulder every now and then, just because that's how they are. Just look at what Stephen McManus and Barry Ferguson have said about Tommy Burns. Whenever you spoke to him, he made you feel like the most special and important player in the world.

That's where Frail has let the team down. Believing only effort in training is deservng of a place in the team unless he likes you - jumping around like a headless chicken (see Elliot, C. and Stewart, M.) - whilst it can be seen as preferential treatment, certain players (Pinilla, Nade, Kingston, Jankauskas in the past, Bednar, Skacel) need to feel that bit more important.

Whether it's right or wrong.

Ivan Drago
Pinilla got told to go home by Romanov early because he's going out to Lithuania before pre-season starts to get training a bit earlier, plus VR wants to keep an eye on him.

For what it's worth.

Yet more evidence that we're not getting a 'manager'

The People's Chimp

For what it's worth.

Is that not part of the problem though? As far as I was aware Pinilla was invited over by roman for a few weeks r&r. Not exactly great when everyone else is stuck back in edinburgh. It adds up to uneven treatment of players which can only lead to problems later.

Why isn't pinilla told to get in for extra training at riccarton? why aren't all that mob told to get in for extra sessions at riccarton?

Archived