Time to bring Ryan McGowan home

HEARTS FOREVER

hmfc_liam06

McGowan to me, was a decent player for us, however some people get misty eyed about him due to his passion and love for this club.

Paterson is a much better prospect.

I think his brother has the potential to be a better player.

There...I said it.

I disagree.

Dylan has neither the talent nor the application to match his brother.

Patterson has the potential to be a much better right back for us

Absolutely bang on. Paterson has all the attributes. Arguably best in air in SPL

Gregory House M.D.

I think his brother has the potential to be a better player.

There...I said it.

Said this from the start of last season. Dylan needs to be put at CDM pronto. He'll be a very good player for us IMO.

As a right back I wouldnt be overly fussed about gowser, as a centre back yes please

Paulie Walnut

He has already mentioned to close friends he is open to a return this summer

cosanostra

We couldn't afford him now and Callum Paterson is a better footballer.

Not sure where Gowser would fit into the team now.

Dallas Green

We couldn't afford him now and Callum Paterson is a better footballer.

Not sure where Gowser would fit into the team now.

Replace his brother?

The Internet

Replace his brother?

Didn't you hear? Dylan has had a few good games so is definitely better than Ryan now.

cosanostra

There's lots of talk about Dylan leaving to return to Australia.

I'm not ITK, just seen that on here a fair few times.

Ryan is clearly a better player but like I said, I doubt we could afford him.

Guest GhostHunter

Didn't you hear? Dylan has had a few good games so is definitely better than Ryan now.

Only, it's more than a few, and the words were "Has The Potential".

Come on, keep up.

:rolleyes:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not our priority, by a long way. Striker to compliment Cheeky wee Dale, goalscoring midfielder (Guess Who?) robust centre back and a left back (sorry Kev, lovely left peg, but you've been in that revolving door too long now) and we are ready. Extensions for all others, including Hamill, who though not technically gifted, almost certainly adds character and steel to the team. Also good for knocking over opposition managers, Sally at Ibrox?

Fat Striker

Unless I've got the details of his contract wrong, would he not be available to sign a pre-contract in January 2015?

Paulie Walnut

Its fair to say he is willing to come back within our new wage structure, he would have returned last summer if it was possible along with BA also.

I'm not saying its going to happen but he is open to a return. You also have to remember he will not be short of options.

Its fair to say he is willing to come back within our new wage structure, he would have returned last summer if it was possible along with BA also.

I'm not saying its going to happen but he is open to a return. You also have to remember he will not be short of options.

Don't know if I'm being stupid but who is BA?

Patterson has the potential to be a much better right back for us

Forgetting the stupidity of the fact he's on a fortune in China and is not going to come, I cannot agree with this enough. I think McGowan is a great guy, brilliant attitude & as hard a working player as you will ever meet. But without offending Kickback, he is really a very average footballer. If he wasn't such a 'lad' & loved Hearts so much, we wouldn't even have this thread

There are threads on here which immediately make me think: this guys about 14 - this being one of them.

dont know why people give people a hard time on here - it'd be cracking to have him back but obviously money is going to make that not viable.

jambo 2k9

As simple as that, just couldn't think... :rolleyes4:

Cheers

No worries, took me a while too haha!

I thought Gowzer was poor to average for us after the cup final, even when played in his natural position.

I would not spend the money required on bringing him back. I'd rather see us continue to promote the best of our young players than bring back ex players.

In theory we should have quite a lot of youth players playing at a level above where they might have been without a signing ban. There will likely be another 2 or 3 ready for the step up.

I would go along with Bunter's suggestion of McGowan at CDM (he's looked very assured on the ball recently), bring in an experienced CB, Rudi and a strong combative striker. Replace Hammil if he goes.

Paulo as manager, Locke learning from him. League won and Locke succeeds him in 3-5 years.

Where do I apply for the chief exec job?

bighusref

Whilst he's no Cafu, these posts down thing McGowan's ability make me chuckle. :laugh:

peter_hmfc

Does he still do his kangaroo goal celebration when he scores?

Whilst he's no Cafu, these posts down thing McGowan's ability make me chuckle. :laugh:

Not putting down his ability, just don't think he reached the heights that he did previously. At least not on a regular enough basis.

He would be one of our better players if he was to return. However, we already have one of our better players at RB.

Archived