Time to bring Ryan McGowan home

HEARTS FOREVER

HEARTS FOREVER

Not sure what his contract details are at the moment but could he be a possible signing next season?

I for one would really like to see the guy back at the club, not the most technical player we've ever had but gave his all and really played for the jersey.

Sure he'd come back too.

Snake Plissken

I'm sure he'll take a massive wage cut and his club will tear up the contract of a player they paid almost half a million pounds for barely a year and a half ago.

Good idea.

I would bring him home in a heart beat just the sort of player we need to complement our team.

ToadKiller Dog

To do a half time draw might be possible .

If he comes back to Europe it won't be to Scotland

Thought he was going to SevCo? Were they not paying his wages in China and all this was a ruse to do us out a fee then he would join them after 18 months.

ToadKiller Dog

Thought he was going to SevCo? Were they not paying his wages in China and all this was a ruse to do us out a fee then he would join them after 18 months.

Yup I mind Chick Dung was promoting such a move . Likely a wet dream he had .

Walter Bishop

We could do with another attacking midfielder

Did McGlynn not play McGowan as an attacking midfielder? :cornette:

The Internet

Did McGlynn not play McGowan as an attacking midfielder? :cornette:

Aye, he played there on the opening day of last season iirc. Most of the crowd were sat there with that exact facial expression.

A_A wehatethehibs

I believe Gowser will be back in a maroon jersey one day but it won't be this season... The A-league will be his next port of call I would imagine, quite a few of the teams get averages upwards of 10-15k fans each week, its a growing sport down under.

For now, extending Gowser II's contract is high on the agenda for me.

Snake Plissken

Aye, he played there on the opening day of last season iirc. Most of the crowd were sat there with that exact facial expression.

Wasn't just the opening day, that masterstroke by McGlynn persisted for a good few games.

Which, come to think of it, is the reason we were relegated this season. If it wasn't for shady specs making a monumental ******-up of things, we could have taken the admin hit last season and just about survived this season.

Probably.

Jambof3tornado

Patterson has the potential to be a much better right back for us

he already is in my opinion.

Unless people want us to go straight back to paying silly money in wages again then I wouldn't count on seeing Gowser in a Hearts top again anytime soon.

Wasn't just the opening day, that masterstroke by McGlynn persisted for a good few games.

Which, come to think of it, is the reason we were relegated this season. If it wasn't for shady specs making a monumental ******-up of things, we could have taken the admin hit last season and just about survived this season.

Probably.

I thought that we should have taken the hit last season, but knowing how long it has dragged on, we may have still be hit with a points deduction this season, and if McGlynn was any good, it would have been for a larger amount of points.

GlasgowHMFC23

Not a chance. He should be pushing to play at a higher level, not dropping to a level lower than he started out at. Not that we could afford hm anyway. However, I'd love to see him back at the end of his career.

Not a hope in hell of that happening. Maybe in years to come, yes, but for now he will be looking for a more lucrative deal elsewhere.

I have to say, I had wondered how he was doing. Whilst he's Australian, the record of players leaving our league and staying in the Far East isn't great. I think Lee Bullen stayed a while but any other players that went over there just didn't last, IIRC.

Bet I get a deluge of "he lasted, he lasted and he lasted" responses now! :laugh:

:rofl:

I'm sure we could easily pay a transfer fee to his club and he'd love to go from earning 15k a week to about 3k a week max to play in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

The Internet

I have to say, I had wondered how he was doing. Whilst he's Australian, the record of players leaving our league and staying in the Far East isn't great. I think Lee Bullen stayed a while but any other players that went over there just didn't last, IIRC.

Bet I get a deluge of "he lasted, he lasted and he lasted" responses now! :laugh:

I'll have you know 'Deeko' Riordan lasted a full month before he tried to learn the Chinese for 'gies a fag', had a meltdown at the complexity of it and left the country.

kevinmackenzie14

he only signed a 2 year deal in china and has already said he is looking for a move back to the uk at the end of the chinese season. and that he would love to come back to hearts at one point in his career, also he is a centre half not a right back. cant see him joining us or sevco though.

People saying he wouldn't come back to us cause we're in the Championship... He definitely would, maybe not right now but potentially at the end of this contract or next (if he renews), he is a Hearts man and is very loyal to the club! I'm sure he's earned enough in China to sort him out for a while...

The Internet

I'm a massive Hearts man but there's no way I'd be coming back to play championship football when I could be earning ?20k a week or whatever for playing football in China.

I think his brother has the potential to be a better player.

There...I said it.

Now, Dylan HAS improved but come on man!! :laugh:

he already is in my opinion.

He probably is a better all round player. Just gowsers cup final celebrations blur the senses

Now, Dylan HAS improved but come on man!! :laugh:

Dylan should be defensive mid. Hope he gets a run of games to prove he can do a job in his preferred position.

I think his brother has the potential to be a better player.

There...I said it.

Supposedly, a few folk within the club think so, too.

loveofthegame

Supposedly, a few folk within the club think so, too.

Lacks the pace IMO. Hope I'm wrong though. He was certainly excellent on Saturday.

Will never, ever be a full back though. Not technically good enough.

Rudolf's Mate
Patterson has the potential to be a much better right back for us

And he's deadlier beyond 4 yards :lol:

He probably is a better all round player. Just gowsers cup final celebrations blur the senses

Both good players. I tell you, I wouldn't mind having the choice of them. I'd consider both on the right hand side, tbh.

3fingersreid

he only signed a 2 year deal in china and has already said he is looking for a move back to the uk at the end of the chinese season. and that he would love to come back to hearts at one point in his career, also he is a centre half not a right back. cant see him joining us or sevco though.

McGowan was due to sign for rangers at the end of August 2012 according to the font of all knowledge or chick dung as we know him !!!!!!!

We'll be his last club before he retires

Both good players. I tell you, I wouldn't mind having the choice of them. I'd consider both on the right hand side, tbh.

:sweeet:

And he's deadlier beyond 4 yards :lol:

Aye thats true. Hope we can keep patterson for next season. He could get 10 goals from right back over the season and be a real asset in the next couple of seasons

Do The Dance

Fantastic bloke, Hearts man. As a player? Better than we have, but not a great player.

I'm looking forward to the Gowser~Patterson centre half pairing in 6 or so years time.

:afro:

Lacks the pace IMO. Hope I'm wrong though. He was certainly excellent on Saturday.

who was he playing on SATURDAY?

Not sure what his contract details are at the moment but could he be a possible signing next season?

I for one would really like to see the guy back at the club, not the most technical player we've ever had but gave his all and really played for the jersey.

Sure he'd come back too.

Oh FFS man, yes he's a Hearts man but FFS (once again) have a word, this "bring him home" is just gash he's a professional football player who is there to play football, make money and hopefully make a name for himself in the game, he's not going to do that in the championship in Scotland.

Aye, he played there on the opening day of last season iirc. Most of the crowd were sat there with that exact facial exp<b></b>ression.

Yeah and McGlynn also got slated for playing Paterson at right back....

Archived