Budge in charge by next week?

Back to 2005

Gene Parmesan

Buzzing to hear Budge's plans. Hopefully it'll all become clear next week.

Fingers and toes crossed that there are no more hitches. Let's hope nobody tries to rock the boat before the dealings with Lithuania are concluded.

chippysauce

Buzzing to hear Budge's plans. Hopefully it'll all become clear next week.

I very much doubt there are plans other than maintaining the status quo, since there's no money to make plans.

Would be very happy to be proved wrong though.

Cooling off period ends on Sunday, S&P signed soon after, joint control of club as per Bryan Jackson until full hand over after court of session ratification.

Would be nice if true, seems a bit quick

Not really, when you consider that the 27th (Sunday) is the deadline day for any Objections from UKIO and that there is no turning back from UBIG, means if No objections from UKIO then we are all systems go to finalise the paperwork too take over our club( Well BIDCO are for the time being), Come the close off play tomorrow(Friday) you can safely say we are on the go.

I can't wait until she walks into the centre circle with Scott Wilson and rips of her mission impossible style mask to reveal it was a Vlad masterplan all along

Gene Parmesan

I very much doubt there are plans other than maintaining the status quo, since there's no money to make plans.

No plans at all, for anything to do with the running of the club?

Right-o.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'd imagine The ?1m+ FoH contributions saved so far will be invested asap.

Season tickets would also go on sale sharpish.

chippysauce

Right-o.

I mean, no plans to get exited about other than maintaining things as they are for the forseeable future. Can't see a new manager being appointed for example.

Locke continues on this winning streak and it will be very difficult for Budge to get rid.

I'd imagine that one of the first things to be done would be to start negotiations with the out-of-contract players otherwise the manager (whether that be GL or a.n.other) will have one helluva busy summer

Locke continues on this winning streak and it will be very difficult for Budge to get rid.

He keeps this winning streak going into next season he can stay as far as im concerned.

Correct. And why should she?

Although Locke made alot of errors at the start of the season, I have certainly been impressed on the tail end. He seems to have finally, albeit a little too late, found the winning formula and had got these lads playing for him.

Locke could, could, become one of our greatest managers of all time. Let's give him a real chance when all this mess is over and he is left to concentrate on the pitch side of things.

Francis Albert

I'd imagine The ?1m+ FoH contributions saved so far will be invested asap.

Season tickets would also go on sale sharpish.

Football debts, some BDO costs (not their fees) will come out of that leaving a few hundred thousand to see us through until ST income comes in, and of course there will be ongoing FoH income of ?120k a month or so.

There will be no big spending spree but enough to get a new manager and a couple of experienced pros. Enough to compete anyone in the second division.

Would be nice if true, seems a bit quick

Bryan Jackson did say the end of this month was the earliest possible target so this could technically be true

It looks to me like the EEN are running this spin knowing that if it doesn't come off at the first possible date they've then got the "BDO fails to get deal done on Monday, Jambos frustrated by fresh delay" story they can run

Football debts, some BDO costs (not their fees) will come out of that leaving a few hundred thousand to see us through until ST income comes in, and of course there will be ongoing FoH income of ?120k a month or so.

There will be no big spending spree but enough to get a new manager and a couple of experienced pros. Enough to compete anyone in the second division.

i know their fees come out of the CVA, but what other costs could have been accrued??

TheMaganator

There are always delays. I suspsect there will be some here. Nothing critical, or sinister - but there will be a delay - I am sure of it. I am sure any delay wont come from our end either.

Fingers crossed though. :)

Francis Albert

i know their fees come out of the CVA, but what other costs could have been accrued??

I think costs other than their fees - expenses such as travel, accommodation, copying and printing - someone estimated ?100,000 on top of their fixed fee of ?325,000, to be borne out of the club's working capital (ie FoH's initial ?1m contribution) not (like the ?325,000) out of CVA proceeds.

So the Evening News make up an imaginary timescale.

Imaginary timescale deadline passes, cue headlines of "Hearts Face Admin Exit Delay"?

Or am I just being cynical?

More encouraging news. A wee win on Sunday and this may be the best couple of weeks I have had for months!

No need for a big spending spree just maybe 2 decent players brought in to bolster the back four. The way things are going up front way may get away the current players.

I'd imagine that one of the first things to be done would be to start negotiations with the out-of-contract players otherwise the manager (whether that be GL or a.n.other) will have one helluva busy summer

Personally, I hope the manager does.

Surely some evil devil like creditor isn't sitting there in Lithuania waiting until 4.55 tomorrow before texting Brian Jackson to say they want an extra ?5?

You would think we would know about an objection by now...

We_are_the_Hearts

Surely some evil devil like creditor isn't sitting there in Lithuania waiting until 4.55 tomorrow before texting Brian Jackson to say they want an extra ?5?

You would think we would know about an objection by now...

Sergey has maybe sailed there and got one of them tied up, 8 ball in the mouth and finger on the key.................either that or he is in a flat in Lochend questioning his existence.

Correct. And why should she?

Although Locke made alot of errors at the start of the season, I have certainly been impressed on the tail end. He seems to have finally, albeit a little too late, found the winning formula and had got these lads playing for him.

Locke could, could, become one of our greatest managers of all time. Let's give him a real chance when all this mess is over and he is left to concentrate on the pitch side of things.

Seriously? Wow!

We've started winning games which is absolute brilliant and I'm as stoked about it as the next guy but come on, the pressure is off now which is allowing the laddies to play with more freedom.

Every pressure must win game we played this season(excluding the recent derby)we lost or drew.

john brownlee

Right-o.

do you think she might want to pick the team or tell the manager who's playing....

Getintaethem

No need for a big spending spree just maybe 2 decent players brought in to bolster the back four. The way things are going up front way may get away the current players.

A couple of wins against poor teams and everyone starts thinking everything is rosy in the garden. We need 6 or 7 players to make a sustained push for promotion next season. Not just the defence, but the midfield and attack need strengthened too, or we'll be lucky to make the play offs.

A couple of wins against poor teams and everyone starts thinking everything is rosy in the garden. We need 6 or 7 players to make a sustained push for promotion next season. Not just the defence, but the midfield and attack need strengthened too, or we'll be lucky to make the play offs.

Totally agree mate, people forgetting the previous 7 months because we get a few wins.

An experienced centre back

two strikers

Skacel

Grainger

maybe another centre mid

2 papers to be drawn up, here, no problem time wise, and in Lithuania,don't hold you're breath.

I'd expect that all of the required paperwork has been signed by all parties and is being held in escrow until cooling off has passed and the money is remitted.

Their tip!

It looks to me like the EEN are running this spin knowing that if it doesn't come off at the first possible date they've then got the "BDO fails to get deal done on Monday, Jambos frustrated by fresh delay" story they can run

Nail. On. Head. :thumb:

Think you've got it TC, old news that the EEN tart up for this headline and space filler today, then Monday will either be "told you so", or the headline you suggest.

:blink:

Bit disrespectful to call her 'Budge' imo.

Don't think it's a big deal tbh.

Well we can hardly consider ourselves on a first name basis with the woman can we? :lol:

We've always referred to our owners by their second names haven't we? Mercer, Robinson, Romanov etc.

Possibly more disrespectful to treat her differently just because she's female. :unsure:

No one would bat an eyelid at someone referring to Robinson, Mercer, or Romanov. :blink:

An experienced centre back

two strikers

Skacel

Grainger

maybe another centre mid

The problem early in the season was playing players out of position 1 in particular Paterson. Since the early season we now have players who have matured quite nicely and are turning in to regulars. Holt and Walker are back and Holt looking very good. I appreciate the level of opponent may now have dropped but we can still compete with the big boys and more so now. Squad size also went against us when we were never able to rest players like McHattie and Stevenson. IMO 2 or 3 experienced players brought in and some of the younger guys like King coming good and thats all we will need for the championship. On top of that we need to live within our means that is paramount for the foreseeable future.

Edit: cue Mrs (Ms) Budge and her competent management.

Glad I am not the only one thinking this, I have seen this on here and in the media and agree, very disrepectful.

scott_jambo

The problem early in the season was playing players out of position 1 in particular Paterson. Since the early season we now have players who have matured quite nicely and are turning in to regulars. Holt and Walker are back and Holt looking very good. I appreciate the level of opponent may now have dropped but we can still compete with the big boys and more so now. Squad size also went against us when we were never able to rest players like McHattie and Stevenson. IMO 2 or 3 experienced players brought in and some of the younger guys like King coming good and thats all we will need for the championship. On top of that we need to live within our means that is paramount for the foreseeable future.

Edit: cue Mrs (Ms) Budge and her competent management.

By early in the season I assume you mean "the whole season" minus the last 3-4 games.

I would have thought the first thing on the playing front would be to decide on who the manager is going to be and let him decide which players he wants and then the contracts can be sorted out.

What I thought when I saw the thread. :lol:

Glad I am not the only one thinking this, I have seen this on here and in the media and agree, very disrepectful.

It's standard mate.

Nothing to do with being disrespectful. It's do with instant recognition.

For example if there was a headline reading "Paul Returns to Manchester United" it would cause confusion. However "Scholes Returns to Manchester United" makes instant sense.

For example if there was a headline reading "Paul Returns to Manchester United" it would cause confusion. However "Scholes Returns to Manchester United" makes instant sense.

I'm sure 'Anne to take over Hearts' makes sense and would not be too confusing for most of us. :jj:

By early in the season I assume you mean "the whole season" minus the last 3-4 games.

Maybe next season we'll go on a run once it's mathematically impossible to be promoted, I find the prospect thrilling.

I'm sure 'Anne to take over Hearts' makes sense and would not be too confusing for most of us. :jj:

Aye but oor man wiz talking' universally ye ken. As in the media in general 'n that.

Anyhooz, since when was "Anne Hathaway" in the frame for a takeover? :bucktooth:

Archived