What I'm looking forward to most this summer

Craigieboy

Aside from cutting about Gorgie with my new Hearts top on alongside my good mate Tommy Wiseau. :lol:

Picking up the paper, tuning into kickback & reading good news about Hearts.

The new owner, the season ticket sales, the rebuild of the team, the resurgent support, the positive changes within the infrastructure of the club.

For so many months now we've had to dread every passing day & the news it will bring.

With new owners & people focusing on taking this glorious club forward, I look forward to every passing day this summer.

It'll be brilliant.

Unprecedented for quite some time.

I'm looking forward to transfer rumours. Nothing ludicrous, not spunking money up the wall. Just picking up a paper, reading some names of guys who could do a job within a budget. Been a while since we were in that position.

Takes me back to the summer of 1995. Back then the internet was so young, Jimmy Saville would have groped it's arse.

Each day was a steady diet of morning papers, teletext, evening news, and of course the outstanding ?15 a minute club call line - all teasing me with the latest Hearts news. Will Jefferies be the new gaffer? Will George Fulston be able to resist the chocolate river? Will someone - ANYONE - please sign David Hagen?

Couldn't get enough.

Clerry Jambo

Takes me back to the summer of 1995. Back then the internet was so young, Jimmy Saville would have groped it's arse.

Each day was a steady diet of morning papers, teletext, evening news, and of course the outstanding ?15 a minute club call line - all teasing me with the latest Hearts news. Will Jefferies be the new gaffer? Will George Fulston be able to resist the chocolate river? Will someone - ANYONE - please sign David Hagen?

Couldn't get enough.

Hahahahahaha the club call line, that was a belter and Clerry admits to phoning it up now and again, :phface:

Couldn't get enough.

This summer is certainly up there with that intensity

I'd add, will IJ be spotted with anything other than the look of a deviant Viz character in the wrong side of the Diggers.

That'll be a relished summer prospect.

World cup

New hearts top

Summer signings

New fixtures to plan a few new away days

Management staying or going

Good times ahead

This summer is certainly up there with that intensity

I'd add, will IJ be spotted with anything other than the look of a deviant Viz character in the wrong side of the Diggers.

That'll be a relished summer prospect.

Surprised someone of your advanced years knows what the Viz is.

:smuggy:

Silvery_Moon

Hahahahahaha the club call line, that was a belter and Clerry admits to phoning it up now and again, :phface:

The club line with Terry McGeadie from memory.

Surprised someone of your advanced years knows what the Viz is.

:smuggy:

Don't be smug.

I was ###### off to the fat slags when you were still playing toy soldiers with your shan plastic machine gunners.

Gary Locke with the scarf over his head having signed an extended contract. :argue::tiny:

Pics of new signings with the new strip etc.....it's been a while.

Pics of the young players with new strips etc having signed extended deals.

The Headlines in the papers when we truly finally exit administration.

Reading the football gossip page with a real interest for a change

Aside from cutting about Gorgie with my new Hearts top on alongside my good mate Tommy Wiseau. :lol:

Picking up the paper, tuning into kickback & reading good news about Hearts.

The new owner, the season ticket sales, the rebuild of the team, the resurgent support, the positive changes within the infrastructure of the club.

For so many months now we've had to dread every passing day & the news it will bring.

With new owners & people focusing on taking this glorious club forward, I look forward to every passing day this summer.

It'll be brilliant.

Unprecedented for quite some time.

This....

The ridiculous transfer rumours coming back.

Yes, this! They used to drive me crazy, all the "could do a job" stuff... But I've missed it.

Discussing normal football stuff again. Moaning about pre-season. Transfer window anticipation. That sort of thing. It'll be nice to have that back again.

I'm looking forward to the final must see scenes of Sirgay's final moments when his whole house of cards comes crashing down and the impending implosion of weeteam.net.

Oh and the new strip, that wonderful new strip.

Other than football, I'm looking forward to going to Cyprus with the family at the end of May, to Poland with the girlfriend in June, and to France for an HCI Conference to present our ColourBlind application to a lot of people with the potential to make some decent cash out of it :thumbsup:

The relegation of Hibernian, re-signing of Rudi Skacel, World Cup and endless "CDAJ" posts on Kickback will also be good stuff!

One little extra......

Buying

Jytee, scott_jambo, TW, JIG, Rossthejambo, Ulysees , Ezio, Kirkwood 69 etc etc a pint before the first match of the new season to gauge their thoughts on next seasons manager, team etc and recording all our pre season predictions so we can really rip the ^^^^ out of each other throughout the season to follow when we look back at them.

You know we'll be playing in the first division right? No longer spending money we don't have, Some or you need a reality check

::troll:::'>

You know we'll be playing in the first division right? No longer spending money we don't have, Some or you need a reality check

br=

I hear we already have a couple of charities earmarked to go on the chore with their collection tins.

:verysmug:

Moving to Australia and posting a screenshot of the weather forecast every day, as if it were a surprise, knowing full well that it will be boiling the piss of many on my FB.

That and signing loads of players with money that could have been used to pay back creditors.

Ann budge getting drunk at a bbq and coming out with a statement that she is going to pile cash in with her 'off the radar wealth'

That and signing loads of players with money that could have been used to pay back creditors.

:lol:

:verysmug:

Couldn't get enough.

I mind when i got my first mobile phone as a youngster. I signed up for Hearts alerts at about ?3 a txt message. They would send you a few every day.

The parents weren't too chuffed but i was in the loop :lol:

forfar jambo

looking forward to finding out where the pre-season is going to be, always wanted to do this as we a wee drinking touring holiday

Malcolm Tucker

Looking forward to the rumours more than anything to be honest! Both outgoing and incoming players.

I believe Gigalo-Aunt is a man with his finger on the pulse, he'll be sure to keep us informed.

Think I'll take a step back from making up rumours after folk took a genuine huff at me saying we'd signed some Sunderland player to see if The Sun would publish it again.

Maybe not though, was pretty funny.

:jjyay:

Gonna be a great summer with all the goings on at the club. Add a world cup on tv too and its shaping up very nicely :)

One little extra......

Buying

Jytee, scott_jambo, TW, JIG, Rossthejambo, Ulysees , Ezio, Kirkwood 69 etc etc a pint before the first match of the new season to gauge their thoughts on next seasons manager, team etc and recording all our pre season predictions so we can really rip the ^^^^ out of each other throughout the season to follow when we look back at them.

All for a free pint? Sold :jjyay:

lauriesrank

tears and snotters from south of the border

This^^ in spades :) and fernandez scoring the goal which sends 'em out :0 :):D

Get to laugh at hibs latest signings when they come over by ferry frm ireland..on loan cos petri is too stingy to buy anybody decent.

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

im just looking forward to having my club back know that the manager can get on with it without the board interfere with team selections ect .... oh and seeing Englund getting pumped in the World cup

Guest Bilel Mohsni

In all honesty, just a wee bit more balance to the team. It'll be nice to see strikers where they should be and right backs where they should be, that sort of thing.

Archived