Was given these Hearts drawings from the 80s

Wolfstar

I was speaking to a Family friend when he looked out these pictures and asked what they would be worth. He doesn't follow Hearts and is more a run of your mill armchair fan that just likes watching a game. I told him about the players in the pictures, the infamous 85/86 season, 88 semi v celtic and as a young lad who started going in the early 90s these were my first childhood heroes.

So a couple of weeks later his wife gave me these pictures, she said it never mattered if they were worth ?10 or ?1000 but should go to someone who admired them so they are now proudly hanging in my hall.

All I know of them is they are done by a lady called Vivian McDonald, they are all signed by her and each picture is signed by the player. They are all originals and I believe they were part of a radio competition in the mid 80s to be won. two of the pictures had the artists name address and date on the back as November 85 and the other as November 86.

8ewvk.jpg

jpmx.jpg

Does anyone have any other version of these prints, is the artist known about Edinburgh, anyone seen them before or remember the competition?

They will hang on my wall for years to come as I really like them and are a bit different. If anyone has any information about them it would be great.

:toff:

I've seen pictures like these before. Not sure of any origin's etc but one thing i do know is the drawings are fantastic quality.

Ther was a poster printed in the 80s with all those images on I remember.

I had that poster, bloody hell I had forgot all about that!!! Need to track it down.

Cheers lads. So I now have a mission to find the poster. If anyone can find it and post a picture up that would be great.

I was only born in 85 so things like that were just before my childhood time. The quality of them are fantastic.

over the 4 pictures are 3 different strips. 1 Bukta strip and 2 umbro strips.

I've got a print that commemorates the 1985/86 season, the pics look similar, but with that seasons umbro kit.

The artist is Vivian McDonald

I've got a print that commemorates the 1985/86 season, the pics look similar, but with that seasons umbro kit.

The artist is Vivian McDonald

Cheers, so she obviously done a bit of work for the club around that time. Il need to keep a look out for more of her hearts related work and see if I can get photos of the posters etc

WorldChampions1902

I have the poster somewhere and I will see if I can find it.

There was also a large club calendar produced around the same time with head and shoulders images of Hearts Greats and IIRC, the front cover of the calendar had a head drawing of Willie Bauld. I think that calendar could be by the same artist and may have some of the drawings in there?

Darkwhisky7

I have the poster with lots of the players on it, it's in the garage somewhere. I'll look for it tomorrow and try and get it on here asap,

Darkwhisky7

file://localhost/Users/david/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2014/04/19/20140419-002633/P1000413.JPG

Darkwhisky7

file://localhost/Users/david/Library/Containers/com.apple.Preview/Data/Desktop/P1000413.jpg

Don't think the link is working, try again tomorrow!

You're trying to use a link to a file on your computer, so that's not going to work.

Load it up on http://www.tinypic.com and copy the image URL from there :thumbsup:

Cheers lads. Hopefully you can get the poster put up, took me a while getting used to linking pictures to the forum.

Amazing things people find in attics :2thumbsup:

Diadora Van Basten

I got 2nd prize in a draw the player competition with my drawing of Sandy Jardine and won a Marshalls chunky chicken t shirt two sizes too small.

I got 2nd prize in a draw the player competition with my drawing of Sandy Jardine and won a Marshalls chunky chicken t shirt two sizes too small.

When you think about it, you were the real winner

Archived