• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Carl says

Yeah I’ll give that a go .  Going to watch the documentary on the Yorkshire ripper first on Netflix 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I’ll give that a go .  Going to watch the documentary on the Yorkshire ripper first on Netflix 

Have watched Manhunt, or Mindhunter on Netflix? Superb. 

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have watched Manhunt, or Mindhunter on Netflix? Superb. 

Yes saw this ri also read the book brilliant . Unfortunately they aren’t making any further series 

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes saw this ri also read the book brilliant . Unfortunately they aren’t making any further series 

There's some amount of shite on Netflix, but they don't half make some quality. 

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

There's some amount of shite on Netflix, but they don't half make some quality. 

Yes I know I hardly watch it I have a stick I use where I can watch most things for free 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I know I hardly watch it I have a stick I use where I can watch most things for free 

Firestick 'is the way' Tho my 4k films don't work. 😠

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Firestick 'is the way' Tho my 4k films don't work. 😠

Well I like my old films so I just do a search and can basically watch film . Tonight it’s “ Naked alibi “ a great film noir with the great femme fatale Gloria Graham and Sterling Hayden “ 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well I like my old films so I just do a search and can basically watch film . Tonight it’s “ Naked alibi “ a great film noir with the great femme fatale Gloria Graham and Sterling Hayden “ 

Enjoy bud.

Series 10 binge of ink master for me. 👍

On 20/12/2020 at 07:49, ri Alban said:

Ink master. Love it and can't believe I've missed this. 9 seasons to catch up. :yas:

Here’s a Christmas present for you, just dropped on YouTube this morning. 

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Started watching band of brothers, just finished episode it’s decent enough so far, though perhaps night as good as I expected 

My opinion of course but I found it very boring. 

I’ve just binged all of WWII In Colour on Netflix. Lots of amazing footage and interviews. Also very good in that it wasn’t all one sided in terms of how it was made and had interviews with lots of varied experts. Would recommend if you enjoy your history documentaries. 

42 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Here’s a Christmas present for you, just dropped on YouTube this morning. 

Cheers Bud! 👍

57 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just binged all of WWII In Colour on Netflix. Lots of amazing footage and interviews. Also very good in that it wasn’t all one sided in terms of how it was made and had interviews with lots of varied experts. Would recommend if you enjoy your history documentaries. 

Going to start this tonight . 

On 21/12/2020 at 09:37, Jamhammer said:

I’ve been doing that with The High Chapparal

Ive done that with " Columbo".  nearly watched all 69 episodes now. Brilliant tv

Watched " The Ripper" on Netflix last night. Watched all 4 episodes.  It was engrossing.  I felt it was extremely sensitive to the women who were killed despite criticism from victims families.  The police and media have a lot to answer to by condemning and vilifying the women who worked as " prostitutes" almost blaming them due to their profession. There was also a moral judgement about them.  The " innocent" victims were viewed as well " innocent" and their deaths viewed more sympathetically than the women who worked as prostitutes.   The police also could have caught him much sooner if they had listened to " innocent" victims of him ( non prostitutes ) who actually survived their attacks and one was adamant he was not a Geordie ( the tape sent to police was from a Geordie accent person).  The victim was adamant he had a Yorkshire accent.  I remember the night he was caught as i was watching telly and shouted to my dad who was in the kitchen " hey they have caught the ripper".  ! funny the things you remember.

Watched on IPlayer.

Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing Christmas special.Quality as usual.

The last igloo.A documentary that follows a lone Inuit going about his life in Greenland.Great and interesting watch.

Recommended on here s couple weeks ago.

Bloodline (S1), wasn't sure after e1, stuck with it and glad I did. Got really intriguing. Moving on to S2 & s3.

Edit: not sure what happened to this series on Netflix, it no longer appears. Had to use Cinema HD.

It is a Netflix series.

Like a lot of series, they're padded out to 13 episodes, most UK TV dramas are short and sharp ( up to 6 episodes).

You tend to watch a couple of episodes and wonder " can I be arsed watching the rest".

Edited by Tommy Brown

Carl Fredrickson

I was after something light and not requiring much though so put on Bob & Paul Go Fishing. 

Absolutely love it. I am not a fisher nor a fan of fishing shows but this is great listening to two old guys discussing life. 

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I was after something light and not requiring much though so put on Bob & Paul Go Fishing. 

Absolutely love it. I am not a fisher nor a fan of fishing shows but this is great listening to two old guys discussing life. 

Great show.

Try the last igloo on iplayer as well.

Edited by benny

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The last ever episodes of Vikings come onto Amazon on the 30th. 
I still enjoy it but it needs to be put to bed now. 

I really wanted to like that, couldn't get into it. 

Apparently there's a big budget Lord of the Rings series coming. That got my attention. 

Carl Fredrickson

Started re-watching Breaking Bad yesterday. This is the show that I took out a Netflix subscription to watch. The plan was to use the 30 day freebie to binge watch BB then cancel it. Needless to say it was never cancelled.....

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Season 1: "This is surprisingly good!"

Season 2: "Bigger and better than season 1"
Season 3: "This is building to something great isn't it?"
Season 4: "Oh. It's all just fizzled out"
Season 5: "So this is the reboot is it?"
Season 6: "Thank Odin this is ending"

15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Not been the same since Ragnar died. Bjorn wasn't as interesting a character, and not enough Floki!

5 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

Not been the same since Ragnar died. Bjorn wasn't as interesting a character, and not enough Floki!

Feck watching this now, then. 👍

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Feck watching this now, then. 👍

Apologies - should have said spoiler alert, although probably not that surprising that vikings died. At least I didn't say which series and how 😙

Just now, maroonblood said:

Apologies - should have said spoiler alert, although probably not that surprising that vikings died. At least I didn't say which series and how 😙

:D I've watched bits and bobs of series 1. But I preferred the other show, The last kingdom. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:D I've watched bits and bobs of series 1. But I preferred the other show, The last kingdom. 

Looks good I'll give that a try. Completely different genre, but also on Amazon - Bosch is well worth look.

5 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

Looks good I'll give that a try. Completely different genre, but also on Amazon - Bosch is well worth look.

👍

luckyBatistuta
20 hours ago, Tazio said:

Love Vikings, one of my favourite tv shows I’ve watched. It started to lose its way with the side story when they alol went off with Floki, boring as.

4 hours ago, maroonblood said:

Agreed, Bosch is a top watch👍

4 hours ago, maroonblood said:

I stopped watching it after season 3.  Looks like my instincts were right 

Started watching Aerial America on the Smithsonian channel.

It's really interesting and some of the places and small town America look fantastic.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

On 28/12/2020 at 21:43, Tazio said:

To be fair cracking first episode. 

jack D and coke

Your Honor. Brian Cranston of BB fame. 
He’s a judge and his son is involved in a hit and run of a crime boss’ son. 
It’s pretty good. 

For a bit nostalgia, I went to CinemaHD and got Alias Smith & Jones 1971.

Was fun and will watch more.

Not a fan of F1, but the Netflix series Drive to Survive is really good.

Carl Fredrickson

Not a series but I really enjoyed the STV show reflecting on the career of Billy Connolly. We all have different views on him but as a kid growing up in the 70s/80s he made me laugh like nobody else has (even Hibs!). As an adult I have had the privilege of seeing dozens of live stand ups but BC is my favourite. 

Doctor Who on New Years night- the kids loved it and there was the usual mix of humour and tension (my daughter was hiding behind a cushion at one point). 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series