Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

JudyJudyJudy
On 21/05/2020 at 16:31, 1971fozzy said:

Rewatching the whole lot of The Sopranos (3rd time)

never gets tired. For me it’s the best series ever

Totally agree . Watched it twice and I’m due a third time . It was ground breaking tv . Every character memorable . I particularly liked the scenes between Tony and Dr Melfi snd Tony and his mother Livia . Sadly Nancy Marchand who played Livia died during the third season , thus preventing more storylines between her and Tony . His relationship with his mother underpinned all his future relationships . She was one Nasty character 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

“ Defending Jacob “

is pretty decent . But got a feeling last episode might be a cop out judging by episode 7 ? Won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it though

” Snow piercer “  just stared on this too and it’s terrific , far fetched but so well made and acted .  

Noticed another poster re watching “ 0z” it’s brilliant . May re watch again . 

Netflix have just launched Space Force their big budget new series with Steve Carell and John Malkovitch. One episode down and it’s looking like a waste of lots of money. 

jamboy1982

I’ve just started watching the sopranos on dvd. Really enjoying it, missed it cos I was away travelling when it came out. Bought the dvds years ago and only just got round to watching it 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Netflix have just launched Space Force their big budget new series with Steve Carell and John Malkovitch. One episode down and it’s looking like a waste of lots of money. 

Rewind. It gets better. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

I’ve just started watching the sopranos on dvd. Really enjoying it, missed it cos I was away travelling when it came out. Bought the dvds years ago and only just got round to watching it 

The best show of all time in my opinion..  Enjoy.

Watched a 5 parter called ‘The Nest’ which we had recorded on BBC.

its about a wealthy couple paying for a surrogate baby from a poor lassie and has loads of twists and turns. Really good.

a few famous faces (Martin Compstoun from Line of Duty, and Sophie Rundle from Peaky Blinders)

colinmaroon

As I've been ill since 3 February, a lot of time on my hands and I thoroughly enjoyed the Inspector Montalbano Series - 34 episodes on BBC I-Player.

Samuel Camazzola
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Recommend me! I've been watching House and Criminal minds again. 

Help! 

Old but Entourage is still recommended. 👍 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Old but Entourage is still recommended. 👍 

Will do. Cheers

Highlander

I'd appreciate a recommendation. I have Netflix and Now TV. 

My favourite programme has to be Sons of Anarchy. I tend to like a decent story line, twists and turns, action, crime, thriller... whatever. 

Would appreciate any pointers!

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Highlander said:

I'd appreciate a recommendation. I have Netflix and Now TV. 

My favourite programme has to be Sons of Anarchy. I tend to like a decent story line, twists and turns, action, crime, thriller... whatever. 

Would appreciate any pointers!

I just started watching a four part documentary on Netflix called Evil Genius. It grabbed my attention after five minutes and is about a bizarre incident in the States in 2003 where a pizza delivery guy robbed a bank whilst claiming a bomb was attached to his neck. 

A lot of actual CCTV footage is used along with live police and news filming. 

I'm one episode in and already, the plot is getting very strange! 

Ron Burgundy
On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 13:57, JamesM48 said:

“ The Handmaids Tale” Just started to watch this , will watch more tonight . Initially I thought this couldn’t happen but it’s scarily accurate  . It Begins with women being subjugated , not allowed to work , then not allowed to have money , then viewed as “ sluts” , martial law then a Civil war due to a “ threat “ ( Terrorism )  finally all rights taken away from them , and a new world order established with religion underpinning its laws . Gays / lesbians  / political dissenters strung up . It so relevant to , in relation to America , Actually am alarmed at what Matt Hancock said yesterday when asked about the “ test and trace App “ saying currently it’s voluntary but “ may “ become mandatory . Worrying times , just replace the threat of “ Terrorism “ with corona virus 🦠and you get my point . As the main character says the change didn’t happen overnight , it’s gradual . As an aside Elisabeth Moss is an outstanding actress . Best actress around today .

I thought it was more of a reflection of a fanatical Islamic society.

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I thought it was more of a reflection of a fanatical Islamic society.

Yes it could be viewed as that too . 

Carl Fredrickson
14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I just started watching a four part documentary on Netflix called Evil Genius. It grabbed my attention after five minutes and is about a bizarre incident in the States in 2003 where a pizza delivery guy robbed a bank whilst claiming a bomb was attached to his neck. 

A lot of actual CCTV footage is used along with live police and news filming. 

I'm one episode in and already, the plot is getting very strange! 

That is being very polite. It was fecking nuts. Some of the footage of the stand off with the police is horrific. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

That is being very polite. It was fecking nuts. Some of the footage of the stand off with the police is horrific. 

Episode 3 now. Its crazy! 😄 

Watching ‘Gangs of London’ Sky Atlantic series and it’s really good. There’s some violence in it 

Disser Pointon
13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Watching ‘Gangs of London’ Sky Atlantic series and it’s really good. There’s some violence in it 

It goes rapidly downhill I'm afraid!

jamb0_1874

Murder in the outback on channel 4, I watched the first episode last night and it was really good. I think its 4 episodes on every night until Wednesday. 👍

Edited by jamb0_1874

Carl Fredrickson

Not sure if mentioned before but neither are a series but would recommend a couple of stand alone shows on Iplayer. 

First one was Silicon Glen from Ships to Microchips, about IBM setting up in Greenock.  Really interesting and I learnt a lot. I knew that IBM had a plant in Greenock but didnt realise the size or importance of it. 

The second one was Third Lanark - a BBC Alba production which again is well worth a watch. Third Lanark went bust before I was born but my older brothers tell stories of trips there. I have visited Cathkin Park and would love to see the area restored to a football stadium. Another informative show but could also be a warning to a lot of clubs at the present time!

3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Not sure if mentioned before but neither are a series but would recommend a couple of stand alone shows on Iplayer. 

First one was Silicon Glen from Ships to Microchips, about IBM setting up in Greenock.  Really interesting and I learnt a lot. I knew that IBM had a plant in Greenock but didnt realise the size or importance of it. 

The second one was Third Lanark - a BBC Alba production which again is well worth a watch. Third Lanark went bust before I was born but my older brothers tell stories of trips there. I have visited Cathkin Park and would love to see the area restored to a football stadium. Another informative show but could also be a warning to a lot of clubs at the present time!

Watched both,both great.I also watched a wee while back.The rise and fall off Timex in Dundee.Another great documentary.

The IBM documentary reminded me of my time at SunMicro.

Great place to work with a relaxed atmosphere.

Shame it went all pear shaped at Linlithgow as well.

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, benny said:

Watched both,both great.I also watched a wee while back.The rise and fall off Timex in Dundee.Another great documentary.

The IBM documentary reminded me of my time at SunMicro.

Great place to work with a relaxed atmosphere.

Shame it went all pear shaped at Linlithgow as well.

Iplayer is great for these kind of shows. So much social history in Scotland that I enjoy watching and either reminicing or learning about. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Iplayer is great for these kind of shows. So much social history in Scotland that I enjoy watching and either reminicing or learning about. 

Love Iplayer art shows.

Waldemar Januszczak and Alexander Graham Dixon make some great art series for the beeb.

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I enjoyed it. 

I'll hopefully catch it before I start back work. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Murder in the outback on channel 4, I watched the first episode last night and it was really good. I think its 4 episodes on every night until Wednesday. 👍

Watching it too.  Its riveting stuff.  Shes some cool cold customer isnt she ? 

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Watching it too.  Its riveting stuff.  Shes some cool cold customer isnt she ? 

The wife is enjoying this but I've not watched it yet. Have you seenMcMillions? About the fraud committed by the mob in the McDonalds Monopoly game. Golden Arches indeed. 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The wife is enjoying this but I've not watched it yet. Have you seenMcMillions? About the fraud committed by the mob in the McDonalds Monopoly game. Golden Arches indeed. 

Never heard of it.  Just checked up on it and it looks pretty good. Itll be on my watch list

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is Homeland series 8 streaming anywhere in the UK?  If not is there any news on when it will be?

2021 I believe on netflix. Just download it on Pirate Bay 😂 

Is it not on e4? 🤔 

Edited by Cruyff

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

2021 I believe on netflix. Just download it on Pirate Bay 😂 

Is it not on e4? 🤔 

It was on CH4 so it might be on thier catch up channel (if they have one?)

Not the best series if I'm honest.

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was on CH4 so it might be on thier catch up channel (if they have one?)

Not the best series if I'm honest.

Maybe not but I’ve watched The previous 7 over the last 6 weeks. 😎

Just now, davemclaren said:

Aye, I watched the the fist episodes and felt I needed to watch this one, it's not bad, just not my favourite.

On 09/06/2020 at 23:28, davemclaren said:

I thought 8 was a solid final season. 

Ron Burgundy

I finished the 4th season of Gomorrah last night. Feel like there has been a death in the family.:sad: Bloody loved it.

Anyone know is there is a season 5 planned?

Schitt$ Creek is worth a watch.  It's a comedy. The episodes are only 20 minutes long so you don't have to invest too much time in it.  Schitts Creek is a small town founded by a man called Horace Schitt.  :biggrin2:

Watching Outerbanks on netflix, its doesnt quite pull it off but in parts its quite a good 80s vibe treasure hunt. Part national treasure, part grown up goonies.

The love interest episode was like something off the disney channel tho.

Disser Pointon

This is us, season 4. Won't be everyone's cup of tea but we love this series, terrific writing and characters. 

The second season of What We Do In The Shadows started on BBC2 on Thursday night with 2 episodes. Carrying on nicely from the end of the first season. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 11/06/2020 at 14:39, Ron Burgundy said:

I finished the 4th season of Gomorrah last night. Feel like there has been a death in the family.:sad: Bloody loved it.

Anyone know is there is a season 5 planned?

I have tried to watch it on my IPTV but it hasn't  got subtitles on it. 

The Boys is a good bit of fun.

Corrupt private company uses Superheroes to play geopolitics, a tiny bunch of people try to expose them and/or get revenge on them as victims of collateral damage.

Funny, ultra-violent and just the right length at 8 episodes.

Karl Urban, Elisabeth Shue and Simon Pegg star.

The Man In The High Castle is great in seasons 1&2.

Tightly written, multi-layered political thrillers in an alternate Earth where the Nazis and Japanese won WW2.

Avoid seasons 3&4, as the show runner and most of the writers left and it goes quite badly wrong.

Edited by Cade

If mentioned already, apologies, but did 4 seasons of "Cardinal" in a week. Canadian cop/thriller. Totally excellent and can be found on BBC Iplayer. Really excellent series, got some gruesome bits but very highly recommend. 

Jeez sound like Trump...Excellent, great job. 

Edited by Beave1874

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series