AS Roma - Taking it to Inter...

Dave 1974

At least my 'other' team in maroon are still on the hunt for the Scudetto.

As i stated a few weeks back, Inter are feeling the pressure big time and look as though they are going to trip at the final hurdle.

An away fixture at Parma (live on ch5) could see them blow it it front of millions (God willing).

Rome play Catania.

If Rome win, Inter must also secure a win or the title goes to the Romans. Easily the best footballing side in Italy this season.

I also recall a certain Inter fan on this very board stating that the title would be wrapped up by now.

Still confident? ;)

I lupi rimanere forte. :cool:

roma_campione.jpg[/img]12_roma.jpg[/img]

rossi_1983

As a neutral :peek_by_Andrin: I really hope Roma can do it

My fear is that Inter will bottle it, but so will the Romans :(

Roma don't play in maroon. Thread closed.

Depends on how you look at it. Thread re-opened.

images-1.jpg[/img]

Rory B Bellows

Forza Roma. Was at the Roma v AC Milan game a few months back. Roma won 2-1 after being 0-1 down with 15 minutes to go. Absolutely unbelievable atmostphere - especially on the Curva Sud and a fantastic game. Really hope they win the title after seeing that.

Announcer doing team line ups: "Numero Deici, il capitano de AS Roma. Fancesco..."

75,000 Roma Fans, "TOTTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Class. JJ1874

Goldstone Wonder

Torino, Salernitana, Reggina all play in maroon. Roma play in rusty brown and vomit-yellow.

Midloth_Iain

I am just happy my other "team in maroon", Torino, have escaped relegation.

Forza i granata ! :)

torinoax2.jpg

Midloth_Iain
Torino, Salernitana, Reggina all play in maroon. Roma play in rusty brown and vomit-yellow.

;):cool:

I'm sensing an overwhelming stench of 'Inter' from you....

Roma play in rusty brown and vomit-yellow.

kappa-roma-home-jersey-2008.jpg[/img]

Yes, you are corre..... No wait, you are totally wrong. :cool:

Sexton Hardcastle

This thread fianlly breaks the usual pisch about Hearts/Renweing season tickets/Managers/Romanov.

Thank you!

also, go on the roma

Inter will get some dodgy ass decision in the last minute to win the game by the referee Michele McCurrio.

Goldstone Wonder

Tends to be terroni from the South who have the personal hygiene/flatulence problems. Hence the name of your sponsors, I assume.

An away fixture at Parma (live on ch5) could see them blow it it front of millions (God willing).

Is God a Roma fan? Funny that, there was me thinking he was a celtic fan too.......:P

Forza Inter!

Orpington Jambo

;)

Still think the best team will win on Sunday (or is that Saturday as the Italian FA still have to resolve the date of the games).

Had the pleasure of being in the San Siro on Sunday and whilst not the best of performances, Inter still created a plethora of chances and if they do so again, I'm confident that they (the best side in Italy in my humble opinion) will carry the day in Parma.

Other pluses:

Ibrahimovic may be back which would be an enormous bonus.

Roma may be banned from taking fans to Catalina due to "differences" between the supporters in the past.

And Inter play in a natty copy of Hearts away top from 19oatcake...therefore...Forza Internazionale.

Zali Cinnamon
Roma - taking it to Inter.....

And failing! Forza Inter! Campioni! :bravo::band::4_1_72::food-smiley-004:

:D:icon14:

Ibrahimovic pretty much won that single handedly. 3 in a row, and Milan not in the Champions League...

Goldstone Wonder

To all you Romanistas & Milanistas out there - GIRFUY! Forza Inter!

Dougie Maicon, Dougie, Dougie Maicon!!!!!

Well that was some day. Just back from a great party at the Meazza Stadium.

Inter Campione d'Italia, Bilan In UEFA and Parma in Serie B.

The return of Ibra was enough.

A few smilies dedicated to certain posters on here:

ciao.gif62.gifband1.gifbandierone36ex1gw.giftricolore2kv.gifbandierone36ex1gw.gifband1.giffock.gif62.gifciao.gif

GIRFUY

I look forward to attending the Coppa Italia Final in Rome next week.

SIAMO NOI, SIAMO NOI. I CAMPIONI DELL'ITALIA SIAMO NOI

shaun.lawson
Well that was some day. Just back from a great party at the Meazza Stadium.

Inter Campione d'Italia, Bilan In UEFA and Parma in Serie B.

The return of Ibra was enough.

A few smilies dedicated to certain posters on here:

ciao.gif62.gifband1.gifbandierone36ex1gw.giftricolore2kv.gifbandierone36ex1gw.gifband1.giffock.gif62.gifciao.gif

GIRFUY

I look forward to attending the Coppa Italia Final in Rome next week.

SIAMO NOI, SIAMO NOI. I CAMPIONI DELL'ITALIA SIAMO NOI

Inter e Campione d'Italia.

Many congratulations to them: they didn't half make hard work of it, mind! Two quick thoughts. First, what's your problem with Parma, Interista? And second: weird as it might sound, I honestly believe the destiny of next season's scudetto lies wholly in Jose Mourinho's gift. If he joins Inter, they'll be set fair for a prolonged era of domination, and well overdue Champions League success too; but if he moves to Milan, the past couple of years may prove a mere interregnum as the old order of Milan and Juventus reimposes itself.

Only time will tell - but I'm delighted for Moratti, and chuffed for every Inter fan too.

Inter e Campione d'Italia.

Many congratulations to them: they didn't half make hard work of it, mind! Two quick thoughts. First, what's your problem with Parma, Interista? And second: weird as it might sound, I honestly believe the destiny of next season's scudetto lies wholly in Jose Mourinho's gift. If he joins Inter, they'll be set fair for a prolonged era of domination, and well overdue Champions League success too; but if he moves to Milan, the past couple of years may prove a mere interregnum as the old order of Milan and Juventus reimposes itself.

Only time will tell - but I'm delighted for Moratti, and chuffed for every Inter fan too.

Parma, a diddy team with a feeble fan base. Rose to the top of Italian football with money from their now disgraced owner Calisto Tanzi. They should have gone down with Parmalat but somehow avoided takin the rap.

They can look forward to a future return to their traditional rivalry with Reggiana.

Lombardia Jambo

:byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye:

Well done to Inter. Picked a team when the Italian football started on channel 4 in the 90s. Thought I'd picked another Hearts, but they've done well over the last few years. Helps when you can finally weed out the cheats like m*lan, j*ve, etc.

12 Mins to go, Osvaldo pops up...

La Viola in the Champions League and Milan in the UEFA cup. Looking forward to the away trips in the Champions League next year.

:D

Forza Viola!!!

And Inter play in a natty copy of Hearts away top from 19oatcake...therefore...Forza Internazionale.

I'm quite a fan of Inter's current away strip....;)

'Mon The Inter.

I'm quite a fan of Inter's current away strip....;)

'Mon The Inter.

Will you like next season's as much? Rumour has it it's going to be brown :eek:

Will you like next season's as much? Rumour has it it's going to be brown :eek:

Er... no, probably not. Unless, in the right light, it maybe looks maroon...

Roma...what a joke....bunch of bottlers.

Did a double on Sunday.....Inter and Roma.

Roma are a typical Italian team rotten to the core.

shaun.lawson

Except that Roma didn't 'bottle' it at all. Once Inter were 2-0 up, there was no longer any point in Roma winning their game: whereas Catania were desperate for a result to avoid relegation. Cue the inevitable equaliser.

Golden rule of football betting: never put any money on a final-day Italian game which may involve one side needing a result more than the other. Seven years ago, four or five sides, all trying to avoid the drop, were involved in matches against leading teams with nothing to play for: the bookies made the strugglers all favourites, and they all won. A year later, an Inter player (might've been Materazzi) started an argument with a Lazio opponent after the Romans took the lead in a game the Nerazzuri needed to win in order to take the title. "What do you think you are doing?", he cried: he couldn't see what on earth Lazio's motivation was, given they had nothing tangible to play for.

It's the Italian way. Only work hard when there's something in it for you (as I always tell people, I have an "Italian work ethic" myself!), and if you can, do someone else a favour - because when you need it, they'll repay you. Meaning if Roma need a particular result next season and are playing Catania, they'll call the favour in.

Except that Roma didn't 'bottle' it at all. Once Inter were 2-0 up, there was no longer any point in Roma winning their game: whereas Catania were desperate for a result to avoid relegation. Cue the inevitable equaliser.

Golden rule of football betting: never put any money on a final-day Italian game which may involve one side needing a result more than the other. Seven years ago, four or five sides, all trying to avoid the drop, were involved in matches against leading teams with nothing to play for: the bookies made the strugglers all favourites, and they all won. A year later, an Inter player (might've been Materazzi) started an argument with a Lazio opponent after the Romans took the lead in a game the Nerazzuri needed to win in order to take the title. "What do you think you are doing?", he cried: he couldn't see what on earth Lazio's motivation was, given they had nothing tangible to play for.

It's the Italian way. Only work hard when there's something in it for you (as I always tell people, I have an "Italian work ethic" myself!), and if you can, do someone else a favour - because when you need it, they'll repay you. Meaning if Roma need a particular result next season and are playing Catania, they'll call the favour in.

What Materazzi actually said was that he (as a Perugia player) had helped defeat Juve on the last day of the season in 2000 (two years earlier) thus handing the title to Lazio.

By his logic, Lazio shouldn't have been trying so hard on the last day of the season in this case.

People also forget that, on the 2002 occasion, Lazio needed a win to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

shaun.lawson
What Materazzi actually said was that he (as a Perugia player) had helped defeat Juve on the last day of the season in 2000 (two years earlier) thus handing the title to Lazio.

By his logic, Lazio shouldn't have been trying so hard on the last day of the season in this case.

People also forget that, on the 2002 occasion, Lazio needed a win to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Yes, I had forgotten that! And in fairness, Perugia had nothing to play for in 2000: apart from, er, the footballing honour of the nation (or so it appeared at the time: I'm aware of how incongruous it is to include SS Lazio alongside the word 'honour', not to mention the highly dubious behaviour of Collina that soaking wet day).

I guess Sunday finally put the memory of 2002 to bed for Inter fans?

Yes, I had forgotten that! And in fairness, Perugia had nothing to play for in 2000: apart from, er, the footballing honour of the nation (or so it appeared at the time: I'm aware of how incongruous it is to include SS Lazio alongside the word 'honour', not to mention the highly dubious behaviour of Collina that soaking wet day).

I guess Sunday finally put the memory of 2002 to bed for Inter fans?

2002???

Collina was ordered to make sure the match ended in Perugia that day as the prospect of a replayed match with thousands of Lazio fans descending on Perugia from nearby Rome was one the authorities were willing to do anything to avoid.

Over the years, there have been a few cases of teams "not playing along" on the last day of the season e.g. Verona-Milan in 1973 and in 2000.

Congratulations on a typically ignorant and factually inaccurate statement.

Roma bottle it???

They were in complete in control against Catania and only when Ibrahimovic scored his second and completely remove any notion of us winning the title did Catania play into the game.

If you watched the game you'd have seen Rome completely die on their arse as news came through of Inter's second goal.

Archived