Did our season suddenly get crap last night?

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

I mean, youd think that form todays posts that it did.

Was last night really a surprise to anyone?

Has it made a huge difference since the split?

Has something changed in the last 24 hours that wasnt already an issue months ago?

Would a win last night have changed all those dithering over whether to renew their ST or not?

No, I hardrly think so.

The focus is on next season, and has been for some time.

Whether we want to or not, we have to write of this season as a horrednous forgettable one, but this is not a new thing, we need to be fixing things for the future, not arguing amongst ourselves over the past/present.

I have renewed my ST, and in doing so will support the team. But its not as simple as that. I expect changes, I expect things to be fixed. I am comminted to at least another season at Tynecastle, and I will reappraise the situation after that.

I appreciate many have come to the end of thier tether already, I havent.

But if things do not change, that time im sure will come.

This is no rallying call to get behind the team, real supporters do that anyway, whether in the stadium, in the pub or in thier house. I am questionning the usefulness of beating ourselvse, and each other up over issues we have seen coming for a long time. The division and animosity on KB is palpalble. It seems that many only wish to be on here to have a go, spread doom and bring others down.

This season is over, thank god....be happy about it....dont wallow in it...we dont have to put up with that anymore....

Next season is on its way....it at least brings with it a glimmer of hope....at least give it a chance..... if things are not better.....then we dont fight amongst ourselves about it...we fight back at those who have ruined it. Its too late for that this season. For better or worse, the action happens next season, in supporting the team, or reclaiming it.

boabyarsebiscuit

It was crap all the way from pre-season. And it's really no big deal to lose to a bankrupt team struggling to field a team who 4 days ago lost 6-1 in Inverness. Happens all the time to well run clubs.

Next season is on its way....it at least brings with it a glimmer of hope....at least give it a chance..... if things are not better.....then we dont fight amongst ourselves about it...we fight back at those who have ruined it. Its too late for that this season. For better or worse, the action happens next season, in supporting the team, or reclaiming it.

Hear, hear.

It was crap all the way from pre-season. And it's really no big deal to lose to a bankrupt team struggling to field a team who 4 days ago lost 6-1 in Inverness. Happens all the time to well run clubs.

You're missing the point Boaby.

Or do you think action should be taken now?

It has indeed - since before the end of January, when our season effectively ended.

And what's more, that's exactly where the club's spin machine wants it to be, to take the focus off the appalling shambles we've had to endure this season.

Trouble is, the sum total of no action whatsoever has yet been taken to ensure there is no repetition of this shambles next season. Nor has there been any sign of such action being taken. The spinmeister is currently avoiding a meeting with JKB representatives, which shows how bad things must be.

You appear to be distressed that people are still discussing this shambles. But, to borrow a phrase from another sphere of HMFC talk, I'm afraid it's the only show in town.

If Rangers win tonight then this board will be a peaceful haven of tranquilty as a lot of posters log onto Hollow Hollow to congratulate their "real" team.

Not sure if that any consolotion to you Dr?

Guest JamboRobbo
I am questionning the usefulness of beating ourselvse, and each other up over issues we have seen coming for a long time. The division and animosity on KB is palpalble. It seems that many only wish to be on here to have a go, spread doom and bring others down.

Did something change last night that made you post this today as opposed to after any of our other defeats to diddy teams?

Has something changed in the last 24 hours that mean this wasn't an issue before then?

This season is over, thank god....be happy about it....dont wallow in it...we dont have to put up with that anymore....

Seems to me you've reached the point I was at a year ago. Any particular reason why it is next season that the action happens? Just because you happened to have reached your breaking point?

....Next season is on its way....it at least brings with it a glimmer of hope....at least give it a chance..... if things are not better.....then we dont fight amongst ourselves about it...we fight back at those who have ruined it. Its too late for that this season. For better or worse, the action happens next season, in supporting the team, or reclaiming it.

I read a very similar post after the last game of last season.

I actually agreed with it back then as well.

I fully expect to read another similar post in 12 months.

boabyarsebiscuit

I'm not missing any point. Things will never get better under Romanov. Unpossible. He's a mad Russian bawbag. Insane.

Guest JamboRobbo

Action should've been taken at least a year ago, probably about 20 months ago to be precise - when our club captain spoke out about the problems in the way the footballing side of our club was being run.

What better time to take stock than at the end of the season. A season that has resulted in our worst finish since the top/bottom split and an increase of debt. How long can this go on?

The only credible action that should be taken is for people to find someone to buy out Vlad.

Protests never worked against CPR - how are they supposed to work against someone who isn't even in the country never mind the stadium?

Anyone out there know any billionaires?

Tomorrow never comes

We are all individuals with separate opinions and breaking points. Although we still have the animal instinct of herd mentality that doesnt kick in until the parabolic up phase of the movement.

I think we are at the curve at present

The reality appears to be that people that want action need to wait until the vast majority of breaking points are reached

Dr Bap is kind of right in that those that want action cant really do anything about it until even more people want the same action

There needs to be a watershed moment.

It hasnt happened yet

boabyarsebiscuit
The only credible action that should be taken is for people to find someone to buy out Vlad.

Protests never worked against CPR - how are they supposed to work against someone who isn't even in the country never mind the stadium?

Anyone out there know any billionaires?

One JKB-er from Fife is a billionaire. He makes the kind of money only you and I can dream about.

I'm not missing any point. Things will never get better under Romanov. Unpossible. He's a mad Russian bawbag. Insane.

A fair point given his track record, however until the new season or at least end of June, we will not know. No point going on today, if tomorrow a manager is appointed (for example).

I thought that the last sentence of the OP was quite succinct.

Others, yourself included, have been saying this for a long time - fair play, but surely it is a good thing if more people start to come round to the same point of view? A more united support would be harder to trick or to dismiss.

That for me was the point.

Pants Shaton

Nothing has changed but last night's result would probably chart in our top ten embarrassing defeats of all time.

Action should've been taken at least a year ago, probably about 20 months ago to be precise - when our club captain spoke out about the problems in the way the footballing side of our club was being run.

Not going to disagree with that.

But reiterating it now is pointless as it is in the past.

The OP, imho looks to the future. It also suggests a closing of ranks amongst Hearts fans, something that has not been apparent in our support over the last two reasons. We could descend into "I told you so" type comments however that would be futile imho.

So what I took from the OP was that we have almost a sense of unity amongst Hearts fans now, a sense of purpose, that could be used to direct pressure regarding the playing side of the club.

Ivan Drago

why do people think things will be better next season though!?!?!

where is the evidence that it will be?!

Can anyone give me one good reason why theres even a slight chance of improvement next season ?

where is the evidence that it will be?!

?

There is none - but not everyone can be forced to go through the same emotions at the same speed and time

Frustrating though it might be

Guest JamboRobbo

The OP, imho looks to the future. It also suggests a closing of ranks amongst Hearts fans, something that has not been apparent in our support over the last two reasons. We could descend into "I told you so" type comments however that would be futile imho.

So what I took from the OP was that we have almost a sense of unity amongst Hearts fans now, a sense of purpose, that could be used to direct pressure regarding the playing side of the club.

Fair enough points. I guess what I'm getting at, is that the problems at our club have not changed. the solution has not changed.

So I fail to see why we should expect that the owners are just about to choose to start using the solution which has always been there.

I cling on to the hope that they will, but I don't think there is any more reason for them to do so than there was lost year, so I see no reason to expect this summer to be any different from last.....

JamboGraham

The discussion of "action" needing to be taken comes up every so often. However, the only way that this begins is by one individual (or a group) coming up with a proposal. This proposal would need to state clearly what the intended result is (Vlad to leave, New Manager, etc, etc), what the action is (a march, a walkout, a boycott, etc) and then name the day and time. If others agree with your objective and the manner of "action" then they will join in, if they do not then they will not join you. It really is a simple as that!

There really is no point in time where everyone will suddenly get a lightbulb moment and spontaneously and collectively march down Gorgie Road pitchfork in hand. If that point, for anyone, is now then declare your hand, arrange your protest and ask your fellow supporters to join you.

I recently suggested that if anyone was not renewing a season ticket early or not renewing at all in protest then to make this effective then you should also complete a letter to the club explaining your reasons and what would need to happen in order for you to spend your money on a season ticket. It would be even more effective if you were to then copy this letter to a major agreed newspaper. This requires little collective work and can easily be done by any individual. This post got a grand response of nothing. Would it be effective? Well who knows but it would be more effective than just not renewing in protest without informing anyone that this is indeed a protest.

Fair enough points. I guess what I'm getting at, is that the problems at our club have not changed. the solution has not changed.

The solution is simple - employ a football manager and let him manage! I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

So I fail to see why we should expect that the owners are just about to choose to start using the solution which has always been there.

I cling on to the hope that they will, but I don't think there is any more reason for them to do so than there was lost year, so I see no reason to expect this summer to be any different from last.....

The only thing I can think of is that last year we finished 4th(?) just missing out on Europe but it was still an unsatisfactory season however that may have papered over cracks and this season has been diabolical. The mere fact we missed out on Europe again and finished in the bottom half of the league may, stress may, act as a catalyst for the club to sort things out.

You are right though - if the form book is anything to go by nothing will happen. Which will be a real shame.

Its been a smashing season, infact since we got rid of the cancers that were ruining our club its been rosey!

If the form book is anything to go by we will be relegated next season!

Or the season after that. It this continues unchecked we are going down sooner or later. We were close enough to get a whiff this season after all.

________ Romanov ______________!

fill in the blanks!

I am gonna go for a word that rhyms with tie!

Dr. Bapswent

:)

Hear, hear.

Aye, give Romanov yet another season. It's not like he's not already had enough chances to fix things.:confused:

Dr. Bapswent
Aye, give Romanov yet another season. It's not like he's not already had enough chances to fix things.:confused:

Prior till now he has ran through his list of dud managers from Kaunas.

He has ran out of them, thats one difference.

He can no longer try them out to see if they fit, he has to now look elsewhere.

No!!!

That is not what I am saying nor is it what the OP has said either!!

Guest JamboRobbo

Has he ran out though? I presume kaunus have a manager right now?

And what or who is going to stop him appointing another puppet if he so chooses?

I mean, youd think that form todays posts that it did.

Was last night really a surprise to anyone?

Has it made a huge difference since the split?

Has something changed in the last 24 hours that wasnt already an issue months ago?

Would a win last night have changed all those dithering over whether to renew their ST or not?

No, I hardrly think so.

Whether we want to or not, we have to write of this season as a horrednous forgettable one, but this is not a new thing, we need to be fixing things for the future, not arguing amongst ourselves over the past/present.

I have renewed my ST, and in doing so will support the team. But its not as simple as that. I expect changes, I expect things to be fixed. I am comminted to at least another season at Tynecastle, and I will reappraise the situation after that.

I appreciate many have come to the end of thier tether already, I havent.

But if things do not change, that time im sure will come.

This is no rallying call to get behind the team, real supporters do that anyway, whether in the stadium, in the pub or in thier house. I am questionning the usefulness of beating ourselvse, and each other up over issues we have seen coming for a long time. The division and animosity on KB is palpalble. It seems that many only wish to be on here to have a go, spread doom and bring others down.

That statement say's it all,for the last 2-3 years I and others have had pelters from posters for trying to tell people this man is not to be trusted,ram it for me,the abuse we have suffered and still taking is completely out of order,now YOU want us to unite to fight the common enemy,to little to late.

IMO the "real supporters" have lost a good few guy's on here that were not affraid to say what was needed to be said and now you want us back to fight because you have had enough,GTF,you made your bed now lie in it.

Ivan Drago

Nothing to stop him bringing back Malofeev, or Ivanauskas....

Coming to think of it, surely Shaggy is dues some 'sick leave'.... :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Also do we not have the Kaunas guy across doing his coaching badges at Tynie?

Mindaugas somebody or other.

Think he's been dishing out new contracts (or not) to players.

Maybe he'll be our next puppet.

That statement say's it all,for the last 2-3 years I and others have had pelters from posters for trying to tell people this man is not to be trusted,ram it for me,the abuse we have suffered and still taking is completely out of order,now YOU want us to unite to fight the common enemy,to little to late.

IMO the "real supporters" have lost a good few guy's on here that were not affraid to say what was needed to be said and now you want us back to fight because you have had enough,GTF,you made your bed now lie in it.

So no unity even if joint cause?

You're being a tad pathetic are you not?

Surely the point of argument is to try to get people to agree with your point of view. Once they do are you then going to flick the vics at them?

Dr. Bapswent

Surely the point of argument is to try to get people to agree with your point of view. Once they do are you then going to flick the vics at them?

Some people feel happier at lashing out, screaming **** off! and curling up with some sense of moral victory, even in the face off potentially making progress.

They just need to feel justified and right, the real consequences are less important.

So what do you want everybody to do?? Shrug their shoulders and say it's ok Vlad will put it right, give him a chance. What ****ing evidence is there that anything will change??

Ray Winstone
So what do you want everybody to do?? Shrug their shoulders and say it's ok Vlad will put it right, give him a chance. What ****ing evidence is there that anything will change??

I heard from a friend of a friend that the 2 world cup stars we were promised are coming soon!

:P

Some people feel happier at lashing out, screaming **** off! and curling up with some sense of moral victory, even in the face off potentially making progress.

They just need to feel justified and right, the real consequences are less important.

Perhaps it the sheep who have held up progress by licking at Romanovs arse!

No, not saying that at all.

Not really sure where you get that from either.

Don't think so Boris,as I stated myself and others got dog's abuse from posters and their little lap dog's ,only now are these people saying what we had been saying for 2-3 years,but it was they who started the "feck right off" that cotinued right up untill we were 2nd bottom off the league,not one off them said "listen pal ,am kinda sorry for that" no none of that at all,but now they are wanting everyone to fight for the cause because it now suits their agenda.

My day's off fighting for Hearts are well and truely over unless it's on my term's,especialy fighting for a cause that I was very prepaired to fight for but instead found very little backing for and got totaly savaged for.

The fact also remains that ,if Hearts can be trusted,then half of the support have already renewed STs and look like they are quite willing to go along with Vlad,so there is a split already.

Hearts have lost loads of fans this last year that gave up so don't expect many off them to help out either.

Vlad has managed to split the supporters through his dealing's with players ,managers,media and now the very core of what made people become Hearts supporters.

I have made my peace with the fact this is no longer HMFC and had prepared myself for the day that I would not go back,that day arrived a few weeks ago.

The only way I can see HMFC ever getting back to the proud club I supported for years is for those muppets and some of his sheep to GTF and never return,FFS I was told by many "real fans" not to come back to Tynecastle because I was a glory hunter,ha,makes you laugh,as I said it will be on my term's whether I go back to the games or not,certainly not because some of Vlad's strongest supporters have now realised what an arse he has made of them and are now looking for allies in their fight.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Don't think so Boris,as I stated myself and others got dog's abuse from posters and their little lap dog's ,only now are these people saying what we had been saying for 2-3 years,but it was they who started the "feck right off" that cotinued right up untill we were 2nd bottom off the league,not one off them said "listen pal ,am kinda sorry for that" no none of that at all,but now they are wanting everyone to fight for the cause because it now suits their agenda.

My day's off fighting for Hearts are well and truely over unless it's on my term's,especialy fighting for a cause that I was very prepaired to fight for but instead found very little backing for and got totaly savaged for.

The fact also remains that ,if Hearts can be trusted,then half of the support have already renewed STs and look like they are quite willing to go along with Vlad,so there is a split already.

Hearts have lost loads of fans this last year that gave up so don't expect many off them to help out either.

Vlad has managed to split the supporters through his dealing's with players ,managers,media and now the very core of what made people become Hearts supporters.

I have made my peace with the fact this is no longer HMFC and had prepared myself for the day that I would not go back,that day arrived a few weeks ago.

The only way I can see HMFC ever getting back to the proud club I supported for years is for those muppets and some of his sheep to GTF and never return,FFS I was told by many "real fans" not to come back to Tynecastle because I was a glory hunter,ha,makes you laugh,as I said it will be on my term's whether I go back to the games or not,certainly not because some of Vlad's strongest supporters have now realised what an arse he has made of them and are now looking for allies in their fight.

Instead of calling such fans "pathetic" we should be concerned that lifelong fans in growing numbers feel this way. For me, everything Rudi says here is totally relevant.

I believe the "last Chance" Hearts supporters have is to send a signal in not renewing in large numbers. And as for people who criticised those who were sceptical at the start about Romanov's intentions, well you were wrong and guys like Rudi were right. At least Rudi has the integrity to admit to his true feelings. Anyway, I still think all the Vlad fans only appear on JKB because if they spouted their drivel in "real" time, before they may have been laughed at. Now, they may risk a kicking.

Perhaps it the sheep who have held up progress by licking at Romanovs arse!

Can't agree any more.

If the Vlad sheep had at the time looked at what was really happening instead of saying"he kept us a tynecastle" and ripping into anyone that spoke out of turn then we could have been united.

Why should I stand shoulder to shoulder with someone who was quite happy to dish out the shet at any turn,as I said you made your bed,people tried their hardest to get them to listen ,but oh no Vlad was going to see us all right and we were just shet stirring barstewards who dont deserve to be Hearts supporters.

Unfortunatly it is Hearts that will suffer in the long run,something most of us don't deserve to witness.

Fair enough Rudi, but I can't help but feel you are cutting your nose off to spite your face. Which is a shame.

Ultimately we are all Hearts fans and even although some of us have reached the Terminus of the "happy train" a lot later than others it doesn't change the fact that we are all in the same place with regards the running of the footballing side of the club.

What has been the saddest thing about all of this has been the division within the fans and that is why, imho, the OP is spot on as regardless of where any of us have been before we are all more or less united now. Unity is strength and all that.

Anyway, I truly hope that one day you can return to watching Hearts. I really do.

Instead of calling such fans "pathetic" we should be concerned that lifelong fans in growing numbers feel this way. For me, everything Rudi says here is totally relevant.

I believe the "last Chance" Hearts supporters have is to send a signal in not renewing in large numbers. And as for people who criticised those who were sceptical at the start about Romanov's intentions, well you were wrong and guys like Rudi were right. At least Rudi has the integrity to admit to his true feelings. Anyway, I still think all the Vlad fans only appear on JKB because if they spouted their drivel in "real" time, before they may have been laughed at. Now, they may risk a kicking.

I think that it was pathetic that when common ground is found instead of saying "well done, you've seen the light" the person is told to basically f-off.

Are you dishing out the kickings btw?:rolleyes:

Fair enough Rudi, but I can't help but feel you are cutting your nose off to spite your face. Which is a shame.

Ultimately we are all Hearts fans and even although some of us have reached the Terminus of the "happy train" a lot later than others it doesn't change the fact that we are all in the same place with regards the running of the footballing side of the club.

What has been the saddest thing about all of this has been the division within the fans and that is why, imho, the OP is spot on as regardless of where any of us have been before we are all more or less united now. Unity is strength and all that.

Anyway, I truly hope that one day you can return to watching Hearts. I really do.

I would like nothing more,but I can't see that day coming,as for all the fans pulling in the same direction,not a chance,give it a couple of weeks and a few rank statements from Vlad/Mann and it will be back to the "told you so,we don't need you lot" again.

Far far to many people have changed their tune like the weather on JKB for me to really think that we will all be united,agendas change attitudes change,FFS even Miko is being hailed once again as the new son of god.

I know that JKB doesn't speak for the normal Hearts support more the hard core,the normal fans have had enough long ago,getting these fans back on board will take more that a wave from the dirctors box and a dodgy statement,I see myself as an ordinary fan so getting me back on board will take something special.

Guest JamboRobbo

And some people feel happier backing anything our owner does, no matter how crazy, lashing out at those who criticise his actions, screaming "Hobo", and curling up with some sense of "I'm a supporter and you're not", even in the face of Vlad potentially destroying our club.

They just need to keep looking at things through their blinkers and hoping it might all work out, the real consequences are less important.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think that it was pathetic that when common ground is found instead of saying "well done, you've seen the light" the person is told to basically f-off.

I take it you've read the OP of this thread?

Didn't appear to be looking for common ground to me.......seems to be more about telling anyone who's particularly upset today that they shouldn't be, as nothing has changed, and we should all sit back and wait and see what happens.

Are you dishing out the kickings btw?:rolleyes:

Is there really common ground though?

Some people lost it with Vlad at Burley.

Some with the Riccarton 3 incident.

Some with the repeated mistakes made at the start of this season

Some with our ineptitude this season

Some say they will lose it over the next 2 weeks

Some say they will lose it over the next 6 weeks

Some say they will lose it if next season is as bad

Some say they might lose it if next season is as bad

Some say that we cant rightfully lose it until our youth system either delivers or not by 2010

Some suggest they will never lose it

Some suggest none of us are entitled to lose it as we've had gash football teams in the past

Each of these categories of people are at different stages. The first 3 categories are probably at the stage where they have seen enough to know Vlad should go

People that have just recently lost it are possibly in the camp they think Vlad can be cajoled and reasoned with into changing

So even people that have lost it with Vlad are at different stages. And there is still a healthy chunk to properly and fully lose it.

I have sympathy with Rudi to the extent that people that lost it with Vlad early doors must be pulling their hair out by now. They must also be genuinely concerned that the longer Vlad is here, the worse the mess gets, the greater the issues, and the harder it is to resolve

Ultimately their concern is that by the time everyone else catches up it will too late.

Hence the more abrasive language.

The reality is that JKB is impotent to resolving things, finding unity etc. Arguably it is making things worse because people tie what are likely exaggerated or changeable opinions given / typed by what are in reality simply internet personnas to a reality of views that the person behind the personna might make personally face to face.

The reality is that is unlikely to be the case but the perception that people leave JKB with does not match this reality

Archived