Well, who was there? (And regretted it)

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Me and the daughter were 2 of the 1090 present. Had the good fortune to have left just before the goal. Main talking points were the cheating barsteward in the black and the other cheat Skelton! Hope that erse finds himself playing junior next season!!!!!!!

:1222:

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA
Me and the daughter were 2 of the 1090 present. Had the good fortune to have left just before the goal. Main talking points were the cheating barsteward in the black and the other cheat Skelton! Hope that erse finds himself playing junior next season!!!!!!!

Get a grip if we had 11 players like him then we wouldnt be in this mess. We are pash deal with it!!:mad:

You sound like Rodney at the AGM...full of mod edit.

Hats off to you mate - I regret keeping an eye on the BBC's online updates never mind going to the game and I dont reckon the team even deserved that level of support from me after Saturday.

The way they carried on in the testimonial even angered me - too insecure or lacking the personality to inject a bit of entertainment or humour against a game of overweight 40 plus year olds.

So what are your views? Were we as bad as everyone imagines? Did Glen deserve his red? Did we boo them off the pitch? Did any of the players show even the slightest embarassment?

As you might surmise - am not a happy camper!

Spitonastranger

was there with my son, a disgrace, frailos subsitutations and the last minute goal sum us up:mad:

I went and I deeply regret it now. What a waste of a couple of hours.

I was hard pressed to recognise which team had been relegated.

Waste of space, the lot of them.

The Old Tolbooth
You sound like Rodney at the AGM...full of mod edit.

Very harsh on BJ, he's a decent poster and troubled himself enough to go through to a meaningless end of season fixture at one of the biggest dumps in Scotland, I think he's entitled to his say!

Did the players go over to the fans at the end?

A few gave us a clap ,some walked straight down the tunnel.

tosheeturtle

Im debating if it was worse than saturday.... there was no thunder and lighting to get everyone excited!! Highlight was Mc Gowan actually showing the rest of the first team how to take the ball up the pitch and get if pass atleast five gretna players and with one of them hand-balling it!! Can't believe Glen was sent off Barr wouldn't allow Glen to get his leg out so Barr held onto it and Glen tried to pull it out... ref must have thought he was kicking Barr but surely the linesman must have seen what had actually happened!! There was only five players who came over to the fans Banks (who looked totally gutted), mc gowan and ruben... thats who's name i can remember!! Can't believe the rest just walked straight into the dressing room... absolutely shocking!!

Oh and on a plus side (lol) best pie i have had all season not like the burnt rubbish you get at tynie recently!!

Im debating if it was worse than saturday.... there was no thunder and lighting to get everyone excited!! Highlight was Mc Gowan actually showing the rest of the first team how to take the ball up the pitch and get if pass atleast five gretna players and with one of them hand-balling it!! Can't believe Glen was sent off Barr wouldn't allow Glen to get his leg out so Barr held onto it and Glen tried to pull it out... ref must have thought he was kicking Barr but surely the linesman must have seen what had actually happened!! There was only five players who came over to the fans Banks (who looked totally gutted), mc gowan and ruben... thats who's name i can remember!! Can't believe the rest just walked straight into the dressing room... absolutely shocking!!

Oh and on a plus side (lol) best pie i have had all season not like the burnt rubbish you get at tynie recently!!

Underhill clearly signalled an elbow by Glen.

Glen deserved to be sent off for his kick out at the Gretna defender Barr in retaliation after being fouled. But I don't think Underhill actually saw what happened if he thought that Barr was reeling away pretending to be hurt after Glen didn't elbow him in the face ...

I went, usual dross as expected. To top off a strange and poor night they must have played the ghost busters song for about a minute when they scored the winner! Strange being at a game with only one stand open and so few fans.

I admire your effort to even go, its almost 2 years to the day that Mr Skelton missed the pen that won us the cup in front of 45k jambos, tonight he scored in the last min against what is left.

Well done Romanov. im lost for words now.:(

portobellojambo1

I always intended being there, but I did leave at H/T. I went there to watch a football match, and for 45 minutes I watched a Hearts team who looked as if it was the 1st time they had ever played the game. A p i s s, p i s s poor performance, and I didn't feel I could sit through another 45 minutes of it.

****e atmosphere if there was any songs sung it was by me and my mates.

it wasn't a sending of the mod edit

that is skelton/barr was holding his leg therefore glen tryed to remove his leg and whoever it was fell too the ground absolute farce.

vlad gtf. no more chances get someone get a new coaching team in get rid of frail, korobocka and whatever other ****e lies at riccarton.

ivaskevcius what the fk did he get brought on? he's dire.

we were there when gretna went bust do da.

why the hell did other fans( clap the gretna players ) that was the best i heard all night, i was also giving someone abuse who was waving about a lithuaina flag he can gtf also.

vlad gtf. frail out.

****e atmosphere if there was any songs sung it was by me and my mates.

it wasn't a sending of the mod edit that is skelton/barr was holding his leg therefore glen tryed to remove his leg and whoever it was fell too the ground absolute farce.

vlad gtf. no more chances get someone get a new coaching team in get rid of frail, korobocka and whatever other ****e lies at riccarton.

ivaskevcius what the fk did he get brought on? he's dire.

we were there when gretna went bust do da.

why the hell did other fans( clap the gretna players ) that was the best i heard all night, i was also giving someone abuse who was waving about a lithuaina flag he can gtf also.

vlad gtf. frail out.[/quoteU

Ultimate respect too you on 2 fronts, first for going to the game, and second for the cancer my dad died last year from this curse i would like to donate to help please get in touch and direct me too how i can help.

My dad called him the Greek he never could get round his name, when he got sent off against the tic, he stormed out off the ground disgusted saying thats it over he was right, i stayed too the end hoping for a HOSE moment.:sad:

Cupar Jambo

Just back and disgusted with another no show from imposters in the famous maroon. Glen was being held down but Underhill sent him off, in my mind correctly for backheeling their player. Should have scored twice near the end after shrewd Vlad substitution with No 28 doing what he does best ****i** it up. Two years to the day and that team and this team have only one thing in common that is the support, one team earned it and the other does not deserve it. I have renewed for next season but after 51 years following my beloved Hearts it was out of loyalty as I can see nothing to improve our position. One more thing if Frail is not in full charge tell us and if he is go now

Just back and disgusted with another no show from imposters in the famous maroon. Glen was being held down but Underhill sent him off, in my mind correctly for backheeling their player. Should have scored twice near the end after shrewd Vlad substitution with No 28 doing what he does best ****i** it up. Two years to the day and that team and this team have only one thing in common that is the support, one team earned it and the other does not deserve it. I have renewed for next season but after 51 years following my beloved Hearts it was out of loyalty as I can see nothing to improve our position. One more thing if Frail is not in full charge tell us and if he is go now

i have been there for 35 years mate, and although i was there through 1st division, relegation etc, this seems so much worse, got too keep the faith it could be worse 107 years without a proper cup thats bad, thats a mess.:107years:

Just back myself. I have to se it again but I think that Glen was stupid, he did sem to kick out at Barr. Some refs send you off for the intention no matter how petty it is.

No. 28 missed an absolute sitter and Kingston was abot the only decent performer (although McGowan's run beating eight men and Rapnik's skills at half time were good to watch)

Just a fitting end to a bollocks season.

kingston was pash!

mcgowan skinned 5 players i'll think you'll find it was a good run showing the older ones how to take control of a game.

screpish played really bad.

Boab Mugabe

Left at half time.

Honestly don't know why anyone bothers with these *****. Each and every single one needs [modedit] :mad:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

I have suggested going up to Riccarton before and knocking some heads together, what else is left?

Boab Mugabe
I have suggested going up to Riccarton before and knocking some heads together, what else is left?

All for it. What's there to lose?

If it means some of the wasters head for the door then that's no bad thing.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
All for it. What's there to lose?

If it means some of the wasters head for the door then that's no bad thing.

My opinion is we let these wage thieves off with murder, they turn up to Tynie every week and stroll around the park looking half arsed.

The odd player gets a scary boo every week, half of them probably don't understand what booing is.

50 of us should head to Riccarton and tell them how it is.

Either pull yer finger out or **** off.

Doctor FinnBarr

Have just read todays Sun, and in the match report it says that Glen was sent off for back heeling. Why no mention of the ref twice indicating it was for elbowing?

:confused:

Spent most of yesterday thinking about heading through.

Boy am I glad I didnt bother.

chester copperpot

I went last night, I had a ball, was with mates, few beers, a good few laughs.

Thats what the fitba is about aint it. Fair play to those that made it through, I was one of the one's that buggered off at half time.

Thats what the fitba is about aint it.

Sorry mate but no, its not, the fitbaw is not about being so utterly mince that you feel the need to leave at half time.

Thats NOT what the fitbaw is about - yet the fact so many have been driven to that stage says it all about our club at the moment :(

chester copperpot
Sorry mate but no, its not, the fitbaw is not about being so utterly mince that you feel the need to leave at half time.

Thats NOT what the fitbaw is about - yet the fact so many have been driven to that stage says it all about our club at the moment :(

Mate, I was being completely sarccy in those comments, sorry should have used a smilie there. ;)

Mate, I was being completely sarccy in those comments, sorry should have used a smilie there. ;)

Aaaaah, god damn you for not using the smilie..... in fairness, i wasnt sure whether you were being serious or not, i had a feeling you werent - but convinced myself otherwise.

Apologies big fella!

chester copperpot
Aaaaah, god damn you for not using the smilie..... in fairness, i wasnt sure whether you were being serious or not, i had a feeling you werent - but convinced myself otherwise.

Apologies big fella!

No worries.

FWIW I did have a cracking time in the bowling club beforehand, spoiled by a Hearts team who I've never witnessed as bad.

Have just read todays Sun, and in the match report it says that Glen was sent off for back heeling. Why no mention of the ref twice indicating it was for elbowing?

:confused:

Yes, it seemed to me that Underhill made the right decision (red card) for the wrong reason (elbowing which didn't happen).

colinmaroon
Yes, it seemed to me that Underhill made the right decision (red card) for the wrong reason (elbowing which didn't happen).

Which means that even when these drongoes get it right they get it wrong!!!

If they were in a real job, referees wouldn't last five minutes!!!

I was there as well, and I've got to say I have no idea what you are talking about re Gavin Skelton!!! Skelton wasn't involved with Gary Glen it was Barr. Skelton should have been sent off for the kick at Kingston (I think it was Larry), but it's the ref who was to blame for not sending him off not the player. But then again what can we expect from Underhill an absolutely appalling referee. Him signalling that Glen was being red carded for elbowing was as sad an indication of his incompetance as you could hope to see. He was no more than 10-15yds away from the incident and although it was a red card my belief is he went with the noise from the crowd and then invented a reason. An elbow on a player lying on the deck from a player trying to stand up and regain the use of his legs would have been worth seeing!!!

Skelton then proceded to have a good solid game from my point of view and I have no idea why fans were actually booing him. Apart from that he was also very instrumental in setting up one of the best weekend of my life!!!

theschoolend

Was there. Very poor game. Very poor pitch. Difficult to control ball on.

First half good opportunity but Mole belted the cross so hard if Chesny had met it he would have been knocked out. Not a Mole fan but at least he worked his socks off.

Glen had to go - ref was wrong not an elbow but definate backheel!

Gretna came very close 2/3 times.

Secons half we looked much better. A few chances and a howler from Iva also too much time trying to walk the ball into the area when a shot should have been had!!

Think Skelton very lucky after his kick out at Kingston (I think). From then you knew he would do something in the match (was getting booed at every touch).

At end it was Karapidis who was trying to get team over for the fans.

Wallace stood on opposite side of the ground looking at the sky, Banks was gutted then came over.

Zal came back out and gave his shirt to someone.

Not a great night but its not been a great season.

Oh and to the guy who was giving the people with the Lithuanian flag grief - grow up.

Was around from the 70's onwards and this is not the worst it has ever been. Yes the times when relegated were not good either. Yes enjoyed going all over the country with a huge Hearts support but we did manage to win games so the fact it was at Dumfries, alloa etc seems to have been missed.

The problem as I see it is that we have been offered the world (or at least Europe) and basically have been going down hill from Oct 2005. Yes we won the cup (just) and thankfully have beaten the Hibs convincingly a number of times (the number 4 is special).

But this is not the worst..........................yet!!

So lets go on holiday, hope they have an inquest at Tynie, deliver something reasonable and then hopefully fans will get behind the team again.

Being a fan is about coping with the good and the bad - so lets give that a go.

Once a Jambo always a Jambo - even when you are disillusioned with how things are.

Try being a Dunfermline or Dundee fan - these clubs should be in the SPL before Gretna or Hamilton. But thats another debate about extending the SPL which might not be a bad idea.

Skelton then proceded to have a good solid game from my point of view and I have no idea why fans were actually booing him. Apart from that he was also very instrumental in setting up one of the best weekend of my life!!!

I thought Skelton totally outshone the overrated midfield bunch of ours - Kingston, Screpis, Palazuelos, Stewart were all poor compared to him. He won the ball, passed the ball simply and took his goal very well. Fair play to him.

WeeToonJambo

First half good opportunity but Mole belted the cross so hard if Chesny had met it he would have been knocked out. Not a Mole fan but at least he worked his socks off.

Secons half we looked much better. A few chances and a howler from Iva also too much time trying to walk the ball into the area when a shot should have been had!!

Think Skelton very lucky after his kick out at Kingston (I think). From then you knew he would do something in the match (was getting booed at every touch).

Wallace stood on opposite side of the ground looking at the sky, Banks was gutted then came over.

Oh and to the guy who was giving the people with the Lithuanian flag grief - grow up.

Was around from the 70's onwards and this is not the worst it has ever been. Yes the times when relegated were not good either. Yes enjoyed going all over the country with a huge Hearts support but we did manage to win games so the fact it was at Dumfries, alloa etc seems to have been missed.

The problem as I see it is that we have been offered the world (or at least Europe) and basically have been going down hill from Oct 2005. Yes we won the cup (just) and thankfully have beaten the Hibs convincingly a number of times (the number 4 is special).

So lets go on holiday, hope they have an inquest at Tynie, deliver something reasonable and then hopefully fans will get behind the team again.

Once a Jambo always a Jambo - even when you are disillusioned with how things are.

Try being a Dunfermline or Dundee fan - these clubs should be in the SPL before Gretna or Hamilton. But thats another debate about extending the SPL which might not be a bad idea.

Well said! You should change your name to Voice of Reason.

joe.gausden

Was there. Thought Thomson and Mole were the only 2 to get pass marks. Also McGowan done well when he got a run. The rest were an absolute joke. As somebody already posted Skelton ran the midfield. Kingston, Stewart et al should bow there head in shame and hand back the big wage they took for last night.

Had a good afternoon and night until the game kicked off.

Hopefully Glen will have learned a lesson last night.

Skelton was an erse, but he gave a few of our so called pros the run around.

Glad Gretna's finishing reflected their league position because if not this could have been an even worse embarrassment.

Thanks for the lift home Rob Waite. I don't usually get back to Bonnyrigg that quick from home games. I will be on the bus in future!!! :wacko:

Two years to the day that Hearts won the cup against the same opposition, their were just a handful of Hearts fans watching the team leave the pitch, including some clapping enthusiastically and waving a Lithuania flag. Return to Easter Road Agent Vlad, your job is done :mad:

Archie White

Excellent post and sums up my feelings at the game too. Still unsure about renewing however. After AGM just do not want to show some kind of approval to this regime buy handing over 400 quid to them. On the other hand, you don't renew you lose your seat beside people you know. Like many I will spend the rest of May looking for some positive signs coming from the Gulag - new manager; no more journeymen signings etc. I won't hold my breath though. Ever since 50,000 mugs turned up for a meaningless friendly last July VR thinks he can get away with it.

maroonlegions
My opinion is we let these wage thieves off with murder, they turn up to Tynie every week and stroll around the park looking half arsed.

The odd player gets a scary boo every week, half of them probably don't understand what booing is.

50 of us should head to Riccarton and tell them how it is.

Either pull yer finger out or **** off.

.count me in , i would be right up there , a chance to vent anger at the wage thieves would make me a happy man , we need more media exposure to this if it happened , iam sure the EEN would gratefuly cover itas tjhey say

LETS MAKE SOME NOISE :vangry::waiting:

Ulster_andy
Was there. Thought Thomson and Mole were the only 2 to get pass marks. Also McGowan done well when he got a run. The rest were an absolute joke. As somebody already posted Skelton ran the midfield. Kingston, Stewart et al should bow there head in shame and hand back the big wage they took for last night.

Thomson was poor I thought, gave the ball away far too much, did well coming forward but offers nothing different than Robbie. IMO I wouldn't play either of them but what I?ve seen of Thomson Robbie would get the nod.

Mole ran and got little service, Wallace did OK coming forward in patches (one nice Ronaldo style turn) but no-one else deserves a mention, and hopefully a lot of them will never wear our teams top again!!!!!

Hopefully a new GK, RB,CB, LB, LM,CM,RM and 2 ST then another 5/6 players to add QUALITY to the team, players that could be better than the one we bring off, ppl who could change games..... not pesh like Iva-could-nae-score!!!

Takis4king
Thomson was poor I thought, gave the ball away far too much, did well coming forward but offers nothing different than Robbie. IMO I wouldn't play either of them but what I?ve seen of Thomson Robbie would get the nod.

I was quite impressed with the lad naughton at right back for gretna.showed good vision throughout the game with some good cross field passing. Thomson seems to be a bit slow off the mark from what ive seen. Id take naughton before robbie and thomson.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I made the short trip from Glasgow. Very disappointing. Roll on next season

Archived