Cat Advice

droid

Have a male cat currently who's 4.

Introduced a kitten to the Droid household 3 days ago due to constant peer pressure from the family(despite my concerns I might add).

Anyway since the arrival of this cheeky wee rascal(female kitten)the main Laddie barely enters the same room, looks absolutely petrified which I thought would be the other way round addmitedly, but more importantly hasn't ate his food for the 3 days which is a wee bit worrying. He's eaten a few of those whiska treat fellies but that's basically it.

Is this standard feline behaviour and have I unwittingly changed the wee family dynamic forever?

Konrad von Carstein

We did the same, although we introduced a male to a female. Lots of hissing and acting weird for a few days from her then eventually we came home from work to find them both curled up together asleep in their bed. It may take a few days but I'm sure they'll both settle.

Gregory House M.D.

It's normal for them to be scared of kittens. A lot of dogs are the same with puppies. Give it time and the cat will get used to the kitten. Best pals in no time. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Expected weirdness just not the Ian Brady esq hunger strike??

Are you feeding the cat in a seperate room? Change is often coupled with a lesser appetite with cats.

Cats are loners and don't like change.

Keep his routine the same but feed the kitten elsewhere.

They will eventually learn to put up with each other.

We had a female kitten for a couple of weeks before introducing a male kitten. She hated him and hid/refused to eat/hissed and ran away from him for about a week. Eventually they learned to get on and now and again sleep in the same place. They aint best mates by a long stretch but like a chase and play fight but also like their own space. I'm sure the fella will be grand, just takes time.

You're lucky. My mate bought his mrs a kitten as their other cat is getting ancient, anyway, the old fella has not taken to 'spraying' all over my mates stuff anytime he leaves it lying. The house absolutely ******* stinks, I've never smelled anything as bad, its horrific. He now has to put a sheet over the couch when he;s out and woke up the other day to find the old cat spraying on his feet!

Cats are shite.

Cats are loners and don't like change.

Keep his routine the same but feed the kitten elsewhere.

They will eventually learn to put up with each other.

This.

We have two cats. They're great wee things tbf, but the Mrs wanted a dog. We got one a year ago and its only taken the best part of a year for one of the cats to "accept" the dog.

You're lucky. My mate bought his mrs a kitten as their other cat is getting ancient, anyway, the old fella has not taken to 'spraying' all over my mates stuff anytime he leaves it lying. The house absolutely ******* stinks, I've never smelled anything as bad, its horrific. He now has to put a sheet over the couch when he;s out and woke up the other day to find the old cat spraying on his feet!

Cats are shite.

Sake :D

We've had our two since they were 7 weeks old. Only two accidents in the 3 years we've had them. Don't scratch the furniture or walls as well which is a bonus.

Had a male cat for 6 years then the bursd decided it would be a good idea to get him a wee pal (female)

Must say that she was a wee kitten and latched on to him straight away and follows him everywhere, sleeps when he sleeps and eats when he eats, absolutely dotes on him, he is cool with it and takes it all in his stride. We were very lucky.

Keep an eye on the not eating thing because cats can't go without eating for very long.

Cats are shite.

:spoton:

My mate had a cat that sprayed all over the carpet in his bedroom. Cleaned snd cleaned again and again but still was reeking. Drove him bonkers, room was a no-go zone.

He ended up cutting the infected square out of the carpet. Still stunk.

Had to paint the wooden chipboard stuff below to stop the smell comin' out.

Rank.

Thankfully he also had a bag, a brick and lived nesr the river. :jjyay:

We had a male cat , about 4 years old. Our daughter decided to resue two male kittens ( Paulo & Rudi ) from a local farm. The older cat hated them , he packed his bags and moved out. We occasional see him in and around the area. Point blank refuses to move home. wee sh** that he is.

We had a male cat , about 4 years old. Our daughter decided to resue two male kittens ( Paulo & Rudi ) from a local farm. The older cat hated them , he packed his bags and moved out. We occasional see him in and around the area. Point blank refuses to move home. wee sh** that he is.

:gok:

Cats really are shite.

Guest C00l K1d

We got my cat an operation that means she can't go about spraying the house.

She doesn't do it that much now but the wee shite will go about trying to spray the wall and it just looks like shes having a wee arse shake to herself to no avail :laugh:

Are you feeding the cat in a seperate room? Change is often coupled with a lesser appetite with cats.

I had a feeling you would be a cat lady.

Going away to London for my 40th so the wife thought it would be a good idea to take our 7 month old kitten along to my sister in laws to see if it would be able to live with her her two cats(bad idea I told her).She was in the house two minutes and totally destroyed my sister in laws two cats to the point where my wife had to bring her home.Now I was worried that the two cats would gang up on my wee cat, defend their territory and all that but no she bossed those ######.Well proud hahah.

Private Womble

Not really. Better than dogs (I have both)

Sorry I disagree, dogs are much better, loyal and fun. Cats are evil :lol:

Cats are shite.

Tell him to get it neutered. the spraying will stop, vets recommend it too, helps with health in latter life, only costs about ?50

Why do you want loyalty from a dog?

Because he's a control freak, he couldn't handle a cat having its own mind. As for cats being evil...when did you last see a cat chasing a postie?

Stuart McNeill

burds done the same thing two/three years ago.

Female kitten to male cat.

Male cat hissed and was going nuts and hates the kitten.

nowadays they sometimes get along sleeping next to each other etc but the female still pesters him and still tries to fight with him etc.

the big man just wants some piece, he's 5/6 now.

Guest C00l K1d

burds done the same thing two/three years ago.

Female kitten to male cat.

Male cat hissed and was going nuts and hates the kitten.

nowadays they sometimes get along sleeping next to each other etc but the female still pesters him and still tries to fight with him etc.

the big man just wants some piece, he's 5/6 now.

5/6 like thats auld!

My cats 15/16 or there abouts, maybe older :laugh:

My girlfriend wants us to get a kitten. I point blank refuse until Cookie (our current cat) pops her clogs. She's around 15 years old, is very fat and not very active. I don't want her peaceful last few years on this earth disrupted by a new arrival. She'll ******* hate it. The reason we got her in the first place was because the bursd mum got a puppy. Cookie refused to go downstairs for six months after it arrived.

Somebody said cats are evil. I used to think this. But you do get cats that have absolutely no aggression in them whatsoever and I'm lucky enough to have that right now. She's never bitten, scratched or even hissed at anyone. Moans like **** if you're five minutes late in feeding her though.

Because he's a control freak, he couldn't handle a cat having its own mind. As for cats being evil...when did you last see a cat chasing a postie?

My brother in laws cat. He is a member on here and his cat is a f in' psychopath. I only go to his house with other people as I am last on his hit list because I face up to him with my false leg.

He terrorises the mother in law, she is a cat lady herself, and she prefers our German Shepard.

Cats are evil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I've got a Scottish Fold who is a typical cat. Feed her and she dissappears for ages then comes out at feeding time. Only gets stroked when she wants one and would never sit on you.

I also have a wee Ragdoll and he's more dog than cat. Follows you about, always wants to be in the same room as you and to be close to you. Cats are like people. Some are arseholes but some are guid guys. Dogs are too much work IMO.

Its when you see idiots out walking their dogs in the pissing rain at 6 o'clock in the morning on a freezing cold December morning, that makes me so glad I have a cat.

I've got a Scottish Fold who is a typical cat. Feed her and she dissappears for ages then comes out at feeding time. Only gets stroked when she wants one and would never sit on you.

I also have a wee Ragdoll and he's more dog than cat. Follows you about, always wants to be in the same room as you and to be close to you. Cats are like people. Some are arseholes but some are guid guys. Dogs are too much work IMO.

My cat's like that. She's learned not to bother me when I'm work at the desk, but whenever I sit down to watch the football, even if I'm in the floor taking notes, she's on me in a few seconds.

Matthew Le Tissier

Just got my wee lad a 9month old wee cat. Complete and utter mental. Loves a cuddle is a complete sook

jack D and coke

My ex has a rag doll and he is amazing. I wasn't a cat lover at all in fact I hated the little shites but he completely changed my opinion. Came to greet me when I got home at night and like you say followed you about the place and had a brilliant nature. Never scratched or anything he was as gentle as, in fact he was too soft he was always getting beat up by the moggys in the street. If I ever got a cat myself I'd get one of them.

Kenny ******* Powers

Have had both cats and a dog in the past and would choose a cat as a pet every time.

Dogs are annoying, attention seeking *******s.

The Treasurer

Cats are not domestic creatures.

They will wander into someones house just to get a bit of warmth and food if the person is stupid enough to feed them.

It's no surprise that a survey recently stated that there are something like 10 million cat "owners" in Britain but only around 2 million cats.

I also want to know why these so-called owners are not subject to the same laws as dog owners when it comes to clearing up the mess that these disgusting creatures leave where ever it suits them

Cats are not domestic creatures.

They will wander into someones house just to get a bit of warmth and food if the person is stupid enough to feed them.

It's no surprise that a survey recently stated that there are something like 10 million cat "owners" in Britain but only around 2 million cats.

I also want to know why these so-called owners are not subject to the same laws as dog owners when it comes to clearing up the mess that these disgusting creatures leave where ever it suits them

Erm, my cat craps in her litter tray, which I clear out.

I can't say the same for every ^^^^ with a dog in my area.

My dog crapped near an old toallie that had been left by some inconsiderate shitehouse and I had to pick it up this morning. Nearly gave me the boak. Picking up after my dog, always done it, but picking up an unknown dogs shite is horrible. I was the same with changing the kids nappies. Mine were all right and my nephew's as I looked after him up until he was 3, but babysitting and changing their nappies was hard work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The Treasurer

Sadly you are in the minority.

I agree that "owners" who allow either their cats or dogs to crap where they please should have the offending item shoved through their letter box

Archived