Valentines Day

Generic Username

I'm going out on the tiles. Any bursds out on valentines friday night will be lonely and desperate.... yas!.gif:pleasing::ruiner:

haha but just naw. i will probably be out but will be having a laugh with mates. mostly taking the piss out of those trying too hard to get their nat king cole :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard that one before!

It's a test. You better go all out to impress mate.

Nah, I'm doing squat. We're spending the night booking and planning travel together for next month. Sorted.

Private Womble

haha but just naw. i will probably be out but will be having a laugh with mates. mostly taking the piss out of those trying too hard to get their nat king cole :D

:lol:

See I've just started seeing this bursd and she says she doesn't want to do anything for valentines, just go round to hers and have pizza... Is this a test??? Female kickbackers????

Might not be a test. I don't think a lot of people can be arsed with it. Just take a card for her when you go round. You'll have a better night than forking out loads anyway.

My parents are away for the weekend and I'm working til 8 then going to Inverness in the morning so i'll go home and sit with a bottle of wine and watch a shite film alone :sob::lol:

Might not be a test. I don't think a lot of people can be arsed with it. Just take a card for her when you go round. You'll have a better night than forking out loads anyway.

My parents are away for the weekend and I'm working til 8 then going to Inverness in the morning so i'll go home and sit with a bottle of wine and watch a shite film alone :sob::lol:

Nae joy! Join us? I've actually managed to secure free tickets to edinburgh castle and the zoo and we are both off so its sorted. Can't stand that stuff but she is foreign and easily impressed so its all good. Does anybody have any tips for visiting these places? Enough time for them both in one day? What won't be heaving at night for something to eat?

Nae joy! Join us? I've actually managed to secure free tickets to edinburgh castle and the zoo and we are both off so its sorted. Can't stand that stuff but she is foreign and easily impressed so its all good. Does anybody have any tips for visiting these places? Enough time for them both in one day? What won't be heaving at night for something to eat?

Valentines day is one of the times I'm glad I'm single! I just don't see the point in spending loads and making a special effort just for one day. If you're in a relationship surely it should just be similar to every other day? Och, I dunno.

Re the zoo and the castle, you should have time for both if you start early. I'd check the times of things at the zoo if you are interested in things like the penguin parade etc and maybe decide to do one in the morning until early afternoon and then the other in the afternoon. With the castle it depends if you just want to wander around or if you really want to see everything. I'd give yourself a good 2-2 1/2 hours for the castle. Enjoy :)

Particularly pish day for me, as it's also the other half's birthday, so she looks for double cards, double pressies and double "nice to me ness". :biker:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've managed to secure a pass out for tomorrow night for leaving drinks! Said I would cook Saturday though.

Snake Plissken

Didn't bother my arse with anything last year, not going to be any different this year.

If it were up to me, the same would apply for Christmas and birthdays. I'd rather get nothing and be absolved of the responsibility twice a year.

I think this my fifth one with the now-wife. I set the tone on our first one by ******* off with six mates for the weekend to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Got married a couple of years back, strategically in early February. The anniversary gift I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so that will double as her Valentines gift.

The Mrs and I don't have any plans as yet but it's gonna be a bit weird because we've been going through a bad patch recently. I don't really feel like doing anything nice for her but it might be a good time to get things sorted out.

I think a major factor in some women wanting a fuss made of them is their friends. Think that is true for my Mrs anyway.

if her pals are bragging about what their men have organised or bought them, I think she can sometimes feel a bit shitty if she gets asked what she's doing on Friday and she has nothing to say.

I think it leads her to compare our relationship unfavourably with her pal's and then come to the conclusion that she is unloved or unappreciated. Pisses me off tbh :lol:

The Mrs and I don't have any plans as yet but it's gonna be a bit weird because we've been going through a bad patch recently. I don't really feel like doing anything nice for her but it might be a good time to get things sorted out.

I think a major factor in some women wanting a fuss made of them is their friends. Think that is true for my Mrs anyway.

if her pals are bragging about what their men have organised or bought them, I think she can sometimes feel a bit shitty if she gets asked what she's doing on Friday and she has nothing to say.

I think it leads her to compare our relationship unfavourably with her pal's and then come to the conclusion that she is unloved or unappreciated. Pisses me off tbh :lol:

Sounds like Spanish archer time...

Going to the drive in showing of Top Gun at Edinburgh Airport. Junk food and planes. Perfect.

I feel the need...

I think this my fifth one with the now-wife. I set the tone on our first one by ******* off with six mates for the weekend to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Got married a couple of years back, strategically in early February. The anniversary gift I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so that will double as her Valentines gift.

That reminds me. The first one after I had gotten together with my bursd I also messed off with some mates on a trip to Switzerland and Germany. It was 2012, pretty sure we had our cup replay away to St Johnstone on Valentine's Day that year.

Sergio Garcia

That happened to me a few years back with an ex. We were going through a real rough patch so I thought I would make an effort so booked a table for 8pm on Valentines Night. Unfortunately that just made things go from bad to worse, she had a terrible time, by 9.30pm she hadn't even potted a red.

She bought me a Therapy? T-shirt with 2 tickets for their next gig in Glasgow, I spent ?9.99 on the below, she better bloody like it!

Ian%2BMcshane%2B-%2BFrom%2BBoth%2BSides%2BNow%2B-%2BSealed%2B-%2BLP%2BRECORD-571888.jpg

ordered flowers to be delivered to the now fiance's workplace... she told me last night that she is going on a training course Thursday & Friday! Now trying to get the flowers redelivered!!! Why do us men bother???

I reckon "Chopper" dodged a bullet there!

Lets hope hes not got a tattoo of her name on his tadger and is expected to retaliate :jj:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Lovely lass, shame on the guy for treating her like that....

Back to V Day, first Valentines day myself and the wife were together she bought me the Hearts away top (admiral version) and i knew she was the one. Since we've been married we don't do anything aside from a card and she now gets cards from the kids too. My valentines night will be spent driving 3 hours up north to go snowmobiling on Saturday.

Well I've never given anything out on Valentine's day since 98 never received anything in my lifetime either....I'll no doubt go out for a wee drink though as I don't enjoy sitting at home on the 14th for other reasons

Baby vault in the op. Hahaha

I'm away to get a 3 quid rose from tesco to show my love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one together. She said she doesn't do anything for valentines...

. And you believe her....

Got tickets for a play we both wanted to see.

Miserable ***** :laugh:

What you gonna go see? **** living in london is my view, but whenever i'm down i get very jealous of the options for theatre amongst other things.

Gonna cook a tasty dinner tomorrow, will rummage about and get her some flowers the morra and maybe some cuddly bear shite. Still need to get a card too. She'll be expecting one from the puppy after he got her a card for her birthday. It seemed like such a good way around getting her any other xmas presents as well. That's me locked in to double card for 15 odd years.

Last Rollo and a card seem to be a good cheap option.

90% of the rollos to me as an added bonus..........somehow giving her the full packet doesn't seem to have the same romantic effect :tiny:

What you gonna go see? **** living in london is my view, but whenever i'm down i get very jealous of the options for theatre amongst other things.

Gonna cook a tasty dinner tomorrow, will rummage about and get her some flowers the morra and maybe some cuddly bear shite. Still need to get a card too. She'll be expecting one from the puppy after he got her a card for her birthday. It seemed like such a good way around getting her any other xmas presents as well. That's me locked in to double card for 15 odd years.

'The Drowned Man'

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/the-drowned-man-a-hollywood-fable

It's interactive theatre, which sounds incredibly w*nky, but saw a similar Punchdrunk production when we were still in NYC called 'Sleep No More ' (loosely based on Macbeth) that was fantastic.

Got early entry tickets so should have a bit of time to explore the four floors of the set before the action starts.

Och, interactive theatre doesnt sound that wanky. It's just like panto or rocky horror or something, yeah?

That looks pretty cool.

First one with the girlfriend. She says she's not entirely bothered and that it's not really a massive thing in Poland - they're more bothered with the "Name Day" thing which I find a strange and confusing concept, so we've agreed to do this instead.

I've bought a card and a small-ish present and something else that I know she'll like. :thumbsup:

I don't see anything wrong with people doing stuff for it, as long as it doesn't turn into a ridiculous public-display-of-affection-fest. A quiet night in with dinner, a bottle of wine and a film will do me nicely ^_^

Och, interactive theatre doesnt sound that wanky. It's just like panto or rocky horror or something, yeah?

That looks pretty cool.

Nah, it's more a case of no two people should have exactly the same experience. The 'set' as it were, is huge - normally four or more levels of a converted warehouse. And you're free to roam as you please, including exploring the meticulously designed sets. The audience all wears 'Eyes Wide Shut' style masks as they follow the actors, but there's so much going on to compete for your attention that you're unlikely to stay with the same group for long. And they normally make a point of splitting you up from whoever you've arrived with.

Most of the actors are ballet dancers so it's very physical. Sometimes they'll interact with the audience as well.

I'm doing a shite job of explaining it! But if it's half as good as 'Sleep No More' it'll be worth it.

Nah, it's more a case of no two people should have exactly the same experience. The 'set' as it were, is huge - normally four or more levels of a converted warehouse. And you're free to roam as you please, including exploring the meticulously designed sets. The audience all wears 'Eyes Wide Shut' style masks as they follow the actors, but there's so much going on to compete for your attention that you're unlikely to stay with the same group for long. And they normally make a point of splitting you up from whoever you've arrived with.

Most of the actors are ballet dancers so it's very physical. Sometimes they'll interact with the audience as well.

I'm doing a shite job of explaining it! But if it's half as good as 'Sleep No More' it'll be worth it.

I scouted about the link and got an idea, i was just taking the piss comparing it to rocky horror and the panto, which are less than wanky.

I scouted about the link and got an idea, i was just taking the piss comparing it to rocky horror and the panto, which are less than wanky.

I hear Grant Stott wants to recreate the witches orgy scene at The Kings next Christmas.

Guest C00l K1d

That sounds really good where about is it?

Probably not the best valentines date mind you if you get split up from your group :laugh:

Jimmy McNulty

**** me, my wife usually wants something from Tiffanys. This year the gift is from the Apple store...

Have friends in town to stay so can't do anything romantic. Also means she can't get too annoyed if she doesnt like her gift!

****** hate this day,sadly the other half doesn't so a card,box of chocs and bunch of flowers is a small price to pay to not see her sitting with her face tripping her and fb'ing what a horrible **** I am.

Caspian Primrose

Was gonna buy her that 7p card out of Tesco just to wind her up but couldn't even be arsed doing that. She'll have got me something though. :pleasing:

That sounds fairly hellish to me.

Archived