Mike McCurry - Coincidence or Cheat

skotskosparta

Haha 5 news making controversial incidents prior to the Utd ones. ALL involving Rangers.

The man is a cheat - end of.

Big surprise, he only awards decisions in Rangers favour - he should be fired, or at least banned from reffing any games involving either of the old and infirm.

ToadKiller Dog

there is enough evidence out there to be able to justifiably call for an independent review not that the SFA or the media will agree with such a thing happening.

Funny though, whenever McCurry has reffed our games outwith the OF I have always been confident. Especially matches against Hibs.

But it just goes to show that when the OF are involved the whole thing reeks time and time again!

Pretty damming evidence there Skotskosparta, damming indeed.

Commander Harris

perhaps he's just incompetent and easily influenced by big crowds. most of these incidents were at Ibrox(except No 5 at Aberdeen )

Interesting Scott,

I can't recall many of those incidents, but whether it be McCurry or any other referee, it all depends if you can argue a genuine mistake (or a 50 /50 decision) or an inexecusable decision. Here are some recent decisions I can recall

- Not sending off Cousin - nearly inexcusable. Not sure McCurry is gernerally one for sending offs recently unless really violent.

- Not allowing D Utd goal despite admitting himself he saw it come off Weir - inexcusable

- Not awarding D Utd penalty inexcusable. If he couldn't see it his linesman would have seen the 3 bites Weir had at hunt.

- Linesman not awarding Aberdeen a goal against M'well on Saturday when ball appeared to have crossed line - excusable. Keeper blocking linesman line os sight. Only an inch over any way.

- Conroy/linesman mistaking Balde for a M'well player - inexcusable

- Brines awarding a free kick against Diamond - inexcusable

- Brines awarding Rangers a penalty against Partick Thistle when Burke fell to his knees - inexcusable.

- Thomson awarding Celtic a penalty on Old Firm derby, when you could argue intial infringement outside box - excusable - attacker should be allowed to continue his run until defender knocks him to ground.

- Linesman allowing Celtic's firat goal in same game when McDonald offside. Excusable, just - advantage to attacker, but could go either way.

- Dougal not sending Thomson off for blatant dive against Celtic - inexcusable.

- No penalty for Dundee Utd in LC final following a rugby tackle by Cuellar - inexcusable

Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme here. And this is just in the last 2 months....

- Balde launching himself at Chesnauskis just outside box heading towards goal on better foot. - Yellow due to close proximity of defenders, but none directly between Boruc and Chesney - Just about excusable

- Maloney heading away from goal at angle on far corner of box on wrong foot, no contact from Fyssas, Maoney dive. Excusable - defender clearly looked to take legs due to Maloney's cuteness. Sending off? Taking into factors noted above - mmmmm

Further back

- Fulton at pace, gets clipped on edge of box in SC Cup final, lands 2 yards inside, no question of a dive. Excusable to have given the decision either way.

- McCoist fouled in same game, again on edge, but as close to penalty box as Fulton, but hardly manages to land forward. - Excusable.

Our referees are institutionalised to have no shame in giving horrendous, unacceptable decisions in favour of the Old Firm. You really couldn't make it up.

That is the way to go about this. Evidence to back up the claims.

VR and Hearts had similar evidence, what Hearts/VR did not have was the support of some of our fans and the rest of Scottish football to take it forward.

Guest JamboRobbo
VR and Hearts had similar evidence, what Hearts/VR did not have was the support of some of our fans and the rest of Scottish football to take it forward.

:sleepy:

Dodgy decisions have been going on for years when teams play the old firm, I've got 20 years of video evidence involving Hearts going back to Terry Butcher stopping the ball with his hand in the 88th minute as it was going into the net, it finnished 0-0! there's about 35 incidents involving Hearts, how many more would there be with every other club?? It needs sorted!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The focus should be on ALL referees, that is CL's point.

They are ALL part of the problem.

Its time for all 10 non old firm SPL boards to get together and send a joint complaint to the GFA.

They will never get a better opportunity than now.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Trust you to turn this thread to your own agenda.

skotskosparta
Good work mate!!!

I still don't think he's conciously a cheat, subconciously probably, and he's definately ****e.

Do you have enough time on your hands to do the same with Dougie McDonald and Hearts?;)

I can't take the credit for this one, I lifted it from .net but thought I would share it with you boys/girls as it is a interesting read!!

:sleepy:

Yep that is the support you gave when your own club brought the subject up, now another club have jumped on the bandwagon you are now..............:band2:

Would that be a pro-Hearts agenda?

If so, shocking behaviour on a Hearts fan's forum.

:confused:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

FFS, a thread we should all be contributing to, to compile evidence and we end up squabbling like bairns. Joke.

Yep my own agenda...................when Hearts and VR brought up the topic some lost there baws and run a mile, now another club have spoken out it's suddenly a great idea.:confused:

I aint sorry for having Hearts as my agenda and not Utd.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Would that be a pro-Hearts agenda?

If so, shocking behaviour on a Hearts fan's forum.

:confused:

No he said SOME Hearts fans, in other words being divisive (as usual).

You know that as well, so why the pro Hearts crack?

Guest JamboRobbo
FFS, a thread we should all be contributing to, to compile evidence and we end up squabbling like bairns. Joke.

Agreed. But that is JKB.

ToadKiller Dog

gambo.robbo and others your bickering about Vlad took over another thread on the important issue of scottish refs can you not go back and use that one instead of ruining this one also .

Gambo there was no need to fish for robbo,freewheelin and others on this thread also.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Yep my own agenda...................when Hearts and VR brought up the topic some lost there baws and run a mile, now another club have spoken out it's suddenly a great idea.:confused:

Would you say the Riccie three had an agenda as well? And did you support that? I'd say their agenda was definitley pro Hearts.

Guest JamboRobbo

Gambo there was no need to fish for robbo,freewheelin and others on this thread also.

Indeed. You'll notice I have tried to ignore the fishing.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
gambo.robbo and others your bickering about Vlad took over another thread on the important issue of scottish refs can you not go back and use that one instead of ruining this one also .

Well said.

But I am not letting him get away with that one. I usually ignore his stuff, but this time he deserved it.

the voice from above

exactly mate.

everybody just focus on the issue at hand.

It's all a giant conspiracy!!!

Spellczech

The trouble with the theory of "subconscious" cheating is that there have been more than enough instances of referees being accused of favouring the OF for their conscious to overrule their subconscious...

Famous Hearts

I think it was McCurry who refereed a Celtic game when Colin Cameron was sent off for next to nothing around about 2002. We were 1-0 up at the time and lost 2-1. It was one of the least subtle shows of corruptness and back then I assumed McCurry was a Tim. He was also know as Mick at the time before he decided this was maybe not a good idea.

Dont know what this shows other than he is a typical representitive of the GFA.

John Findlay

nobody will be surprised that I say McCurry is a cheat.

I also put Dougie MacDonald and the now retired Hugh Dallas in that category too.

My evidence. My own eyes. I am a qualified referee not grade 1 but I have done refereeing courses and I have refereed approx 300 hundred lads games in the leagues of SE Hants since 1980. I know that doesnt sound much but with being away with the Navy and working shifts at IBM I was not always available.

As arrogant as this may sound I think I can say when a referee has made a genuine error or cheated. Sad as it is to say referees do cheat. Some are more subtle than others but there are cheats out there.

The question has to be asked is why in 95% of the incompetencies the result always favours either Celtic or Rangers regardless of them playing at Celtic/Ibrox/Hampden or their opponents ground?

There is bias for the OF and that bias manifests into cheating and cheating is a form of corruption. The biggest bugbear is that the govern body in the guise of the SFA and the Scottish media are compliant with it.

Craig Levein has started something it is up to ALL OF US outside the OF to carry it on and not let it drop this time. If we dont then shame on us all.

John

Personally I didn't see it as a swipe. I just thought he brought up the Hearts part of it, though I see how you can view it that way.

Are you trying to say that the fans were 100% against or 100% for Romanov in his tirade on Scottish Football officials, or would you say the support was divided?

Are you trying to say that the fans were 100% against or 100% for Romanov in his tirade on Scottish Football officials, or would you say the support was divided?

If he'd gone about it in the right manner he'd have received full support, he never, so he never got support.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think the reason Vlad wasn't taken as seriously as you think he should have been is because he doesn't take competing with Celtic and Rangers on the pitch seriously. When a club owner actually takes decisions that make his team unquestionably poorer it becomes a bit more difficult to be on his side when he claims there are outside forces preventing Hearts succeeding. When we had one of the best chances in our history of trumping them on the pitch (where it counts a million times more than in the papers and on TV) Vlad sabotaged it. How are people meant to take seriously his claims that Hearts are being prevented from competing with the Old Firm when he sacked a manager who threatened to win the league?

Don't go fishing, gave a valid opinion. I cannot help it if certain posters do not like my opinions, but hey ho i can live with that and their replies, it is a pity some cant live with others having a differing opinion from them.

Am i supposed to ignore JamboRobbo and others who do not share the same opinion as me.............is debate not what this forum about? Will never hide from anyone or any debate i feel the need to join, wether that debate has JamboRobbo, Freewheelin'Jambo etc etc is of no consequence to me.

One person on that other thread decided to ignore the topic being debated and accussed me (making it personal instead of sticking to the points) of this and that just because i did not share his viewpoint or dare to question what he meant. This is put in white writing so others sticking to thie topic don't have to read it.

What evidence did hearts or VR put forward ? Serious question as i am not aware we did.

I think the reason Vlad wasn't taken as seriously as you think he should have been is because he doesn't take competing with Celtic and Rangers on the pitch seriously. When a club owner actually takes decisions that make his team unquestionably poorer it becomes a bit more difficult to be on his side when he claims there are outside forces preventing Hearts succeeding. When we had one of the best chances in our history of trumping them on the pitch (where it counts a million times more than in the papers and on TV) Vlad sabotaged it. How are people meant to take seriously his claims that Hearts are being prevented from competing with the Old Firm when he sacked a manager who threatened to win the league?

I'm sure he had brought the topic up before and during our start to season 05/06 where we started well and looked to be capable of competing......2nd in the league and a cup win says to me we did compete.

troonjambo
Yep that is the support you gave when your own club brought the subject up, now another club have jumped on the bandwagon you are now..............:band2:

pathetic PATHETIC post

What evidence did hearts or VR put forward ? Serious question as i am not aware we did.

I never said we had put evidence forward.............the evidence was there if we had the support to go forward.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I'm sure he had brought the topic up before and during our start to season 05/06 where we started well and looked to be capable of competing......2nd in the league and a cup win says to me we did compete.

He didn't bring up the subject before Burley was sacked.

Foulkes, Fedotovas and Robinson brought up the subject after Andy Davis and every Hearts fan, to a man, woman and child, supported that move. So what incident and who were you referring to when you said some Hearts fans didn't support him?

pathetic PATHETIC post

Yep, actually saying something and giving an opinion in a post is pathetic.

Cant wait to see your reply to the poster who posted :sleepy:.

I never said we had put evidence forward.............the evidence was there if we had the support to go forward.

Fair enough maybe we should have used that evidence instead of ranting like lunatics. If we had evidence who cares about the support. If the club at went about it the correct way we would have got a lot more support anyway IMO.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Sport is about competing to the absolute best of your ability.

If you feel some outside influence is preventing you from winning, then you can cry foul.

How does Romanov even begin to have the credibility to claim Hearts are prevented from winning when he himself has taken numerous decisions that have turned our team from a good one, to a mediocre one, to a crap one?

That's why people laugh at him.

We had the ideal opportunity but two things stood against us - (i) VR didn't go about things in a responsible manner and (ii) the institutionalised racism in this country and especially in this country's press meant that even if he had, he probably wouldn't have got a fair hearing. If Vlad had approached things more cleverly then he might have carried it off. As it was, he actually set back efforts to stop OF bias in refereeing and SFA decisions. Even now, Levein is probably hoping that other owners get on the bandwagon before VR, although VR will be a very useful ally when and if things start heating up. All in my opinion, of course.

So what yer saying is Vlad bottled it :P

He didn't bring up the subject before Burley was sacked. Was that season only about Burleys time, did we not win a cup and finish 2nd without 7months of Burley?

Foulkes, Fedotovas and Robinson brought up the subject after Andy Davis and every Hearts fan, to a man, woman and child, supported that move. Disagree, JKB at the time was proof of that., So what incident and who were you referring to when you said some Hearts fans didn't support him?

But Fedotovas etc were brought to the club by Romanov, so as things go on JKB, he must take the credit for being at the top of the tree.;)

Can't be ersed looking back to see any comments made by VR at the time, so i will apologise if my timescales are wrong (unlike some i aint perfect).

At the end of the day Romanov came out publicly and slated the SFA/officials/oldfirm bias in our game and was not well supported in the game. Now someone else has said basically the same points and they are treated like gods.

Archived