Advice needed re stewarding within football

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

Good advice will be gratefully appreciated

Was at the Carlisle game supporting the Mk dons (family from Mk you see and one of them had traveled up )

bare with me

My nephew (18) along with my son (18) were having a great time

35 mins into the game nephew gets thrown out whilst at the toilets on his own

Supervisor steward informs me why ....which was complete LIES !!!! Both myself and my son were not drinking where as my nephew had been but in no way being drunk & disorderly

So i need a 2nd opinion before I reply to their reply to my first letter of complaint

They have claimed in their reply into why he was thrown out

1. He was standing on a chair (but they did not want to go into the crowd to have a word they prefer to try and have a quite word ) REALLY ? ? ..there was only about 70 of the Mk fans there spread out over a 3000 capacity away end ..surely if he was in breach of health and safety surely they would have to ..YES / NO ?

2. he stumbled when going down the stairs and had to hold onto a hand rail ..(SO WHAT )

3. when challenged he was slurring his words and his eyes were glazed plus he was under the influence of alcohol (is this a crime ?) of which I might add after them claiming he was standing on a chair which was a lie it looks like they have created more of a scene than it actually was ..jesus they sell alcohol at the snack area ...so who wasn't under the influence ? ? ?

I asked Carlisle to check their cctv as this would confirm my story that he never once stood on a chair of which they have not mentioned in their reply

( on the night the steward informed me that he "jumping up and down on the chairs )

That was the main reasons

Am Raging as it spoiled our night :veryangry2:

Sorry for the long thread but thanks for reading :2thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's illegal to be drunk inside a football ground.

If he was in their opinion, drunk, they're allowed to eject him.

Not sure how much you have to gain by complaining.

Better call Saul

I want some sort of an apology TBH i was told lies on why he was thrown out ...his reason he informed me was that he was jumping on the chairs not that he was drunk ...it just didnt happen

+ is being drunk and under the influence 2 different things

thanks for your feedback though

I didnt mention that he was given a fixed penalty of ?90 ...not that it changes anything but more of a slap in the face for something that could have been avoided

It's up to you mate.

If you feel an apology will make you feel better then go for it.

However, how likely is it some casual worker earning about ?30 a game, working for some local security firm is going to suddenly change about his story and admit he was lying all along.

I'd draw a line under it, save your energy and move on.

Better call Saul

It's up to you mate.

If you feel an apology will make you feel better then go for it.

However, how likely is it some casual worker earning about ?30 a game, working for some local security firm is going to suddenly change about his story and admit he was lying all along.

I'd draw a line under it, save your energy and move on.

Believe me i really don't have the time for a prolonged complaint but when your nephew is crying like a bairn because of the way he was treated (more so when he was taken outside the ground) you feel the need to right by the lad and his mum and dad who were 250 miles away helpless ..ye i get he is 18 and a man now ..still yer bairn though

I have no idea if i am barking up the wrong tree here but the club need to know that there is a few errors in this supervisors statement

Fair point !

I was ejected from that stadium in 2008. Followed to the toilets then asked to leave. I too sort of stumbled down the stair on the way.

Being too drunk was the reason given, which I was. But we weren't doing anything wrong other than having a good time.

I lasted 20 minutes.

:facepalm:

Not my finest hour.

My mates first ever chance to see Scunthorpe in years too. Billy Sharp scored a 30 yard raker which we missed.

:lol:

Better call Saul

I was ejected from that stadium in 2008. Followed to the toilets then asked to leave. I too sort of stumbled down the stair on the way.

Being too drunk was the reason given, which I was. But we weren't doing anything wrong other than having a good time.

I lasted 20 minutes.

:facepalm:

Not my finest hour.

My mates first ever chance to see Scunthorpe in years too. Billy Sharp scored a 30 yard raker which we missed.

:lol:

There has to be more I can do than just accept that what the steward did was correct

Like I said previous ..Being Drunk ..yes i get that ..He wasn't that bad honest (easy for me to say ) but they said he was under the influence ...not drunk :seething:

There has to be more I can do than just accept that what the steward did was correct

Like I said previous ..Being Drunk ..yes i get that ..He wasn't that bad honest (easy for me to say ) but they said he was under the influence ...not drunk :seething:

Under the influence just means that the alcohol has started to affect your behaviour in some way. It's illegal to be under the influence in a football stadium and it is easy for them to claim that your nephew was. To be bluntly honest, you are completely wasting your time.

Better call Saul

Under the influence just means that the alcohol has started to affect your behaviour in some way. It's illegal to be under the influence in a football stadium and it is easy for them to claim that your nephew was. To be bluntly honest, you are completely wasting your time.

cheers for the reply

no wanting what i am wanting to read right enough lol however it does help me understand a little bit more

so " Under the influence just means that the alcohol has started to affect your behaviour" OK ... so i buy a Jack D of which was on sale and the steward claims i was standing on a chair ..i have no chance ?? :silviodamn:

Stuart McNeill

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's illegal to be drunk inside a football ground.

If he was in their opinion, drunk, they're allowed to eject him.

aren't you able to buy alcohol at Old Trafford?

I'm not sure where you stand with this case, but I doubt anything will happen..

Better call Saul

aren't you able to buy alcohol at Old Trafford?

I'm not sure where you stand with this case, but I doubt anything will happen..

You can buy alcohol at Old trafford as most England grounds

if hee haw happens ...i will deal with it but if i dont do anything i will see it as a fail

its just bloody wrong

tommythejambo

I was too drunk to get into Dingwall the other week.

I was.

What happened after was a different story.

Matthew Le Tissier

Carlise is the only ground i have been to that sells rum and vodka aswell as wine and beer

Guest C00l K1d

Id appeal the fine if possible.

No point in taking 90 quid on the chin because some arsehole has decided to have a power trip.

As you say they sell alcohol in grounds so if he wasnt falling all over the place and being an idiot you can hardly eject someone for having been drinking

Eighteen years old and crying his eyes out?

You certain he wasn't a wee bit tired and emotional?

I don't you're going to get anywhere I'm afraid.

Still, a 90 quid fine on top of being ejected is a piss-take.

I'd point out that the steward who asked me to leave (along with two police officers) was taking things way too far.

Over officious.

But what's the point in arguing?

I was ejected from Pittodrie years agi- sitting in the Dickie D with some Dons supporting pals . Had downed a skin ful of Voddies in the East Neuk about thirty mins before KO, got really disorientated watching the seagulls and got a major spinny going on. Felt sick, stood up and fell forward, falling over the ladies in front and drenching about three folk in hot Bovril and dropping my pie before lying on the ground spewing my ring.

ON balance I thought the ejection was fair and probably saved me a hiding as one girls suede jacket was completely ruined

I was ejected from Pittodrie years agi- sitting in the Dickie D with some Dons supporting pals . Had downed a skin ful of Voddies in the East Neuk about thirty mins before KO, got really disorientated watching the seagulls and got a major spinny going on. Felt sick, stood up and fell forward, falling over the ladies in front and drenching about three folk in hot Bovril and dropping my pie before lying on the ground spewing my ring.

ON balance I thought the ejection was fair and probably saved me a hiding as one girls suede jacket was completely ruined

:rofl:

Outstanding.

Surely on Police can issue a fixed penalty?

If that is correct, your wasting your time.

Life is too short, forget and move on.

Get the boy back up here and take him to Darkheid, then he will get to know what it feels like to be really hard by.

Got arrested at Scotland v England game 84, match kicks off and my mate shouts get intae these English cents.

The police had to barge past about 20 folk in the terracing to get to him, bizarre.

Other mate puts is and on one of the policeman as we didn't know why he was getting lifted, so they lift him as well, I walk away.

Two others wade into the crowd and lift me.

pal 1. Breach of the peace. ?100

pal 2. Police assault and BotP ?220

me BotP and trying to recue a prisoner ?85

Pricks, saying that we were pretty pissed along with the other 85k

No idea the way forward on this one but you would assume some form of proof(the cctv perhaps, not just a jobsworth's word) would be needed for a fine to be issued and stand.

Maybe one angle you could enquire is what makes the steward qualified enough to judge that someone is under the influence/drunk, has he had appropriate training to identify drunks? can the steward define drunk(bearing in mind there is no legal definition of drunk). All this being said you'll be pissing in the wind in my opinion.

Surely if he got a FPN then the police deemed him to be drunk and disorderly?

I'd imagine it is them you want to take it up with. Which will go nowhere.

Archived