Eggert out

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

So, last game of the season, crowd less than 1000, nothing to play for.

Will McGowan get his chance at last?

Will he ****. It'll be Stewart and Ruben again.

:(

Commander Harris

I'd much rather have McGowan than Stewart, but neither are the solution for the midfield. we need an attack minded midfielder who's going to get forward and support the striker(s). unfortunately, we don't seem to have such a player on the books.

I'd like to see McGowan in there though - get him a run out and some first team experience.

Guest JamboRobbo

I can't believe Frail doesn't make Eggert play through the pain barrier for this must win game.

He's got all summer to get over any injuries.

He should make Glen play half fit too. After all, it's a game we must win.

The future of our young players is a minor point in comparison to whether or not we beat Gretna tonight to secure 8th.

I can't believe Frail doesn't make Eggert play through the pain barrier for this must win game.

He's got all summer to get over any injuries.

He should make Glen play half fit too. After all, it's a game we must win.

The future of our young players is a minor point in comparison to whether or not we beat Gretna tonight to secure 8th.

Agreed, but I don't think that we should talk about winning. The crucial thing is that we defend well and get that point in the bag.

What I don't get, is in this article

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1311507,00.html

Frail says that the temptation is there to make a lot of changes but he's not sure it's appropriate, why not?!?!!? Get the youngsters in, give them a run out and see how they do! It's a game against a Gretna, it doesn't mean anything other than a slight possibilty of 7th place, but is that really something to be proud of?!

Frail is blatantly thinking of himself here! I would rather see a team of young lads who try their heart out than some of the nonsense we've had to put up with the rest of the season!!

chester copperpot
Agreed, but I don't think that we should talk about winning. The crucial thing is that we defend well and get that point in the bag.

Thats eerily accurate.

with 5 in midfield, with 2 centre midfielders on the wing. a winger playing behind the centre forward and the centre forward being elliot... :sad: scary but at many times this season its been the case

Guest JamboRobbo

Good point. I suggest some sort of 4-5-1 formation. That'll keep the goals against column as low as possible, and we'll still have a striker to try and sneak a goal on the break at some point during the 90 minutes.

Frail, you're a genius.

Good point. I suggest some sort of 4-5-1 formation. That'll keep the goals against column as low as possible, and we'll still have a striker to try and sneak a goal on the break at some point during the 90 minutes.

Frail, you're a genius.

Unless of course the opposition guess that's what we're doing. :sad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Unless of course the opposition guess that's what we're doing. :sad:

Ah, but if they guess what's going on, Frail can always call on KoroBotchUp to give him some expert insight into how to change things around tactically. :rofl:

Ah, but if they guess what's going on, Frail can always call on KoroBotchUp to give him some expert insight into how to change things around tactically. :rofl:

Ah, flexibility AND a plan B. We can't fail! :)

Just cant wait till half 9 tonight and our season can be over. Glad its not on TV, get the game out the way with as little fuss as possible.

What a difference two years makes eh!!

Frail is really starting to boil my blood so I'm not going to start because if I do I won't be finished until KO.

What I will comment on is CH's point about McGowan. While he is also a centre half, when he plays in midfield he is anything but defensive and is a real box to box player who makes those late runs and will occasionally get beyond the forwards. Think along the lines of a taller version of Hartley without the pace when PH first came into the middle in his first season.

McGowan wouldn't be ready to play a full season next year but, like Jonsson this year, if we were forced to do this then I'd say he could get between 5-10 goals from midfield. Playing him and Palazuelos or Stewart tonight would make perfect sence.

Far too much sense for Stephen Frail.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thank god Jonnson and Ruben won't be playing in the same midfield.

We may have a chance of winning now.

Commander Harris
Frail is really starting to boil my blood so I'm not going to start because if I do I won't be finished until KO.

What I will comment on is CH's point about McGowan. While he is also a centre half, when he plays in midfield he is anything but defensive and is a real box to box player who makes those late runs and will occasionally get beyond the forwards. Think along the lines of a taller version of Hartley without the pace when PH first came into the middle in his first season.

McGowan wouldn't be ready to play a full season next year but, like Jonsson this year, if we were forced to do this then I'd say he could get between 5-10 goals from midfield. Playing him and Palazuelos or Stewart tonight would make perfect sence.

Far too much sense for Stephen Frail.

sounds promising, I've only ever seen him at the back - was aware he played midfield but didn't know he was as attacking as you described.

What about Vlad? Have Gretna had their fax machine reposessed?

Ryan Gosling
sounds promising, I've only ever seen him at the back - was aware he played midfield but didn't know he was as attacking as you described.

One of his best games for us was away at Celtic where he played in the hole behind the front two and made runs beyond them.

Top play.

Guest JamboRobbo
What about Vlad? Have Gretna had their fax machine reposessed?

Aye, unlike the other SPL teams, who are getting Fax machines installed in the away dugouts so that when Hearts come to town, Vlad can interfere whenever he likes, thereby increasing their chances of beating us. :laugh:

WeeToonJambo

He is very attack minded. My only criticism would be that he tends to pass instead of having a go himself. Possibly a confidence thing, but confidence will come with experience.

One of his best games for us was away at Celtic where he played in the hole behind the front two and made runs beyond them.

Top play.

Played in that position against St.Mirren at Riccarton as well and scored as well as hitting the post. He played well that day(ooopps gave an opinion, must be fishing:wacko:) in that position.

winston churchill

i wonder what the record is, for the number of liffies playing for us at the same time;)

Ryan Gosling
i wonder what the record is, for the number of liffies playing for us at the same time;)

I seriously hope McGowan plays. Can't be arsed going tonight. In fact I just stuck ?5 on 0-0 at 11/1 and ?10 on Gretna to win :D

Archived