Today eclipsed Airdrie and countless other embarrassments

Spencer

Today was worse than Airdrie semi finals and other recent embarrassments.

That pair of dummies in the dug out want hunting now. Attendances will plummet after that. That's the worst ever in living memory.

Absolutely shameful incompetence from management and players

That pair of dummies in the dug out want hunting now. Attendances will plummet after that. That's the worst ever in living memory.

Absolute mince spencer boy.

WorldChampions1902

Aye........take a chill pill and try and look at the bigger picture this season. It's now all about having our club out if Admin and in safe hands. I'm hurting after today as well along with every Hearts fan.

Or should I say Hibby boy?

Airdrie in 1991 and 1995 hurt like hell. Maybe it's the subsequent decline of Scottish football or perhaps even the fact we've won 3 Scottish Cup's since, but today barely registered by comparison.

maroonlegions

1743493_806675056025733_493914228_n.jpg

Spencer is either a h1b5 fan on the wind-up or - more charitably - talking through the hole in his erchie. You decide.

Airdrie in 1991 and 1995 hurt like hell. Maybe it's the subsequent decline of Scottish football or perhaps even the fact we've won 3 Scottish Cup's since, but today barely registered by comparison.

^^^^^^

Nowhere near. Yes, embarrassing how it panned out but nowhere near Airdrie, St Mirren etc.

I think you wish it was, but it isn't. Sorry. Nice try though. :laugh:

It's not anywhere near as embarrassing but I have to admit, losing today really was a sore one. I felt worse after that than I did after the cup final last year.

We almost lost to Gretna in 2006. Now that would have been a catastrophe!

Today was a shock after 93 mins but nothing else;

It was the wee cup for ffs and lets be brutality honest here ict were the favs going into this.

Yeah we are all hurting right now, but lets face it we have bigger fight on our hands, save our club and get out of admin.

Yeah another final would have been good financially for us, but it was not to be so we move on, this will make the good times all the sweater.

Too many of our support think like this for my liking. Have we lost the hunger for more success and are simply happy that we beat Hibs in a cup final? We're the third biggest club in Scotland and getting beat in a semi final by 9 men doesn't hurt because we've had three cup wins in a lifetime!!

Sad times indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love coming on kickback after a penalty shoot out which any team can loose lol

Total overreaction as usual get a grip or have i just bit to a troll

:hobofish:

Well done guys.

You are the acceptance of failure that blighted our club down the decades.

Today was fine. Lets move on.

Embarrassing

Love coming on kickback after a penalty shoot out which any team can loose lol

Total overreaction as usual get a grip or have i just bit to a troll

:hobofish:

9 v 11 for 40 mins

Aye very good

i wish jj was my dad

It was a bit of a kick in the baws but it was only the diddy cup. FFS even Hibs have won that a couple of times in the last 20 odd years.

Losing 5-1 to your biggest rivals in the biggest ever cup final in history. That must have been really embarrassing.

Well done guys.

You are the acceptance of failure that blighted our club down the decades.

Today was fine. Lets move on.

Embarrassing

Don't see anyone saying it was fine today.

And it is fairly clear what parts of this thread could come into the category of 'embarrassing.'

Don't see anyone saying it was fine today.

And it is fairly clear what parts of this thread could come into the category of 'embarassing.'

Batter on son

The floor is yours.......

It was embarrassing today .....end of.

But better Hearts teams have embarrassed us more in the past. I hate to say.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

"Countless embarrassments"

"Acceptance of failure"

"Blighted our club"

Jog on, son.

Rupert Pupkin

And if you hadn't conceded with the last kick off the ball you would all be celebrating.JKB more faces than the town clock.

"Countless embarrassments"

"Acceptance of failure"

"Blighted our club"

Jog on, son.

Pardon?

You accept that today?

Just have a think about what happened today. It was shameful in the extreme

Can you explain why today was worse? The semi defeats to airdrie were horrendous as was st mirren etc. Today was the result of the financial mess we are currently in which meant we are playing with kids and have a manager who is cheap. However the reason all these previous semis hurt so much is that many of us actually felt we would never see us win a trophy so I think you need to get some perspective.

Today still hurts though!

Worst in living memory?......far from it.

Despite the circumstances; today we lost to a team well above us in the league.

Fozzyonthefence

To put it into perspective, we lost a cup tie we were expected to lose today. Yes, failing to hold onto a lead against 9 men and then again failing to score the winner in 90 minutes against 9 men are both unacceptable. But to try to compare that to all these semi defeats in the Big Cup where we were big favourites is just wrong.

When the final is done and dusted and the winner's name is engraved on the trophy who will remember that Hearts lost on penalties in the semi? However, losing 5-1 to your biggest rivals in the Scottish final is permanent and no doubt Spencer and his pals will be hurting from that for the rest of their lives. :tiny: I'm over today already though.

Can you explain why today was worse? The semi defeats to airdrie were horrendous as was st mirren etc. Today was the result of the financial mess we are currently in which meant we are playing with kids and have a manager who is cheap. However the reason all these previous semis hurt so much is that many of us actually felt we would never see us win a trophy so I think you need to get some perspective.

Losing today was the worst of all.

Losing the second goal was bad enough. Not creating a single chance against 9 men for 30+ mins is simply abysmal.

Lack of leadership from Stevenson / Wilson etc in ET was abysmal. Then the fact they shat themselves in pens was even worse

To put it into perspective, we lost a cup tie we were expected to lose today. Yes, failing to hold onto a lead against 9 men and then again failing to score the winner in 90 minutes against 9 men are both unacceptable. But to try to compare that to all these semi defeats in the Big Cup where we were big favourites is just wrong.

When the final is done and dusted and the winner's name is engraved on the trophy who will remember that Hearts lost on penalties in the semi? However, losing 5-1 to your biggest rivals in the Scottish final is permanent and no doubt Spencer and his pals will be hurting from that for the rest of their lives. :tiny: I'm over today already though.

Embarrassing

Batter on son

The floor is yours.......

Okay, since you ask so nicely...

No-one is saying today's performance was an acceptable one. But there are already several threads on here saying much the same thing. Starting another one smacks of attention seeking.

And your central point - that this is worse than the many other wretched days we have suffered as Hearts fans - suggests either that you are very young, or that your sense of proportion is not all that it should be.

The other possible explanation - that you are not really a Hearts fan at all - is not the sort of thing I like to get into on here, so I will be charitable and assume that you are understandably upset by today's events.

It was a very bad day today. But it wasn't the worst.

Okay, since you ask so nicely...

No-one is saying today's performance was an acceptable one. But there are already several threads on here saying much the same thing. Starting another one smacks of attention seeking.

And your central point - that this is worse than the many other wretched days we have suffered as Hearts fans - suggests either that you are very young, or that your sense of proportion is not all that it should be.

The other possible explanation - that you are not really a Hearts fan at all - is not the sort of thing I like to get into on here, so I will be charitable and assume that you are understandably upset by today's events.

It was a very bad day today. But it wasn't the worst.

Marvellous.

A Hearts fans points out the uncomfortable truth and is considered a Hibs infiltrator.

Jesus

i wish jj was my dad

Part of the reason those semi defeats to Airdrie and Midden were so hard to take was because I doubted we would ever win the big cup.

That helped make those 3 big cup wins even more satisfying. Especially the one we pumped the OP's team 5-1. That hurt them so bad that they celebrated losing 3 nil the next again year. Embarrassment, acceptance of failure etc.

Part of the reason those semi defeats to Airdrie and Midden were so hard to take was because I doubted we would ever win the big cup.

That helped make those 3 big cup wins even more satisfying. Especially the one we pumped the OP's team 5-1. That hurt them so bad that they celebrated losing 3 nil the next again year. Embarrassment, acceptance of failure etc.

I'm not a Hibs fan you clown. I'm a Hearts fan humiliated at that embarrassment today.

FFS

I'm not a Hibs fan you clown. I'm a Hearts fan humiliated at that embarrassment today.

FFS

I suggest you get over it as it was far from our worst result

I'm a Hearts fan humiliated at that embarrassment today.

OK, but your OP suggests more so than any other game in living memory. All that is happening here is that others, including me, disagree with you on that. Many clearly feel that others have been worse.

That doesn't mean we aren't all hurting and frustrated this evening.

OK, but your OP suggests more so than any other game in living memory. All that is happening here is that others, including me, disagree with you on that. Many clearly feel that others have been worse.

That doesn't mean we aren't all hurting and frustrated this evening.

Lets just forget about it and enjoy the glorious days of Lockie and his inspired management

so a real Hearts fan who thinks today was the worst ever who only joined here last May. What else did you get for your 13th Birthday? and how do you know how bad games were before you were born?

Bazzas right boot

Can't agree, seen worse displays by "better" Hearts teams in the past including getting beat of lower division teams 10men.

A bad result against a better team, In which we had a glorious chance to cause a wee upset and blew it, quite spectacularly.

Lets just forget about it and enjoy the glorious days of Lockie and his inspired management

Forgetting about it will come in time; enjoying the "glorious days of Lockie and his inspired management" is not going to happen among the Hearts support.

Of course you already know that....surely?

Archived