Two years ago today!

blondejamtart

blondejamtart

Couldn't see another thread about this year, so here goes...

Amid all the doom and gloom at the moment, I just thought I'd remind everyone of that great day exactly two years ago! Nerve-wracking it may have been, but it's nice to remember the sheer joy after the penalty shoot-out and the celebrations which followed all weekend!:flagwave:

OK, as bad as things might be at the moment, at least we've all got our own memories of that day to keep us going - which is something a certain "wee team" across the city can't say!

Anyone want to share any particular favourite memories from the day?

The one thing which stands out for me is when Gretna got the equaliser. My son was in tears at that point, but I knew (don't ask me how, but I did - female intuition or something) that it would go to extra time and then penalties, and when it did, we would win. I knew Craig Gordon would save at least one of them - and I was right! Always listen to mum! ;)

Prince Buaben
Couldn't see another thread about this year, so here goes...

Amid all the doom and gloom at the moment, I just thought I'd remind everyone of that great day exactly two years ago! Nerve-wracking it may have been, but it's nice to remember the sheer joy after the penalty shoot-out and the celebrations which followed all weekend!:flagwave:

OK, as bad as things might be at the moment, at least we've all got our own memories of that day to keep us going - which is something a certain "wee team" across the city can't say!

Anyone want to share any particular favourite memories from the day?

The one thing which stands out for me is when Gretna got the equaliser. My son was in tears at that point, but I knew (don't ask me how, but I did - female intuition or something) that it would go to extra time and then penalties, and when it did, we would win. I knew Craig Gordon would save at least one of them - and I was right! Always listen to mum! ;)

What a day in may it was...(Not quite 98)

Nerve racking it certainly was especailly just before that tackle by Robbie...

Another point how calm was Robbie taking that penalty. Remember as he was stepping up thinking he's missed..

HMFC: Two Scottish Cups in 10 years....:flagwave:

HFC: Two Scottish Cups in 133 years :clubbed:

Sexton Hardcastle

It was a weird selection to have Robbie take a pen, but credit to him it was good. I think all of our Pens went in the top left hand corner. How those 2 years have flown by.

chester copperpot

One particular memory of that day was when the final miss from Skelton happened, I mentioned to the wee lad that he'd better enjoy this day as it doesn't happen to often with Hearts (As I'm greeting like a bairn as he's jumping about celebrating with his mum).

And my son looked at me with Youthful innocence and told me that he was looking forward to seeing us in the final again.

chester copperpot
It was a weird selection to have Robbie take a pen, but credit to him it was good. I think all of our Pens went in the top left hand corner. How those 2 years have flown by.

Except Robbie's which was a daisy cutter. ;)

Denny Crane

Just remember prior to the shoot-out thinking "Why does this bloody team of mine always have to do things the hard way!!?"

Still, it was nice to see us parade the cup along the Hampden turf despite the laboured effort in winning that trophy.

The two things that stand out most in my memory were not (or being cheated out of) getting the penalty that we should have got. At that point i'd convinced myself it wasnt going to be our day.

And Robbie stepping up to take his penalty. I had no faith in him scoring whatsoever..... thankfully he stuck it away nicely.

John Findlay

It was more memorable for me than 1998 in that I had eventually attended a Scottish Cup final with my father and THE HEARTS had won. We had suffered together in 1968, 1976, 1986 and 1996. We didnt attend 1998 for to many reasons to mention but, 2006 was a blast. I couldn't care we beat Gretna on penalties we won the cup fair and square and within the rules despite the best efforts of one D. MacDonald to stop us.

Great day, great great day.

John

rossi_1983

I was made even more nervous by the fact, about 4 days before, my mate, who doesn't even like football, decidied to make a predicition on the game:

Hearts will go 1-0 up in the first half. In the second Gretna will equalise. It will then go to penalties and Gretna will win!

At the time, I rubbished his sugestion saying it would never happen and forgot about it until, I suddenly remembered it just as ET was about to kick off :eek:

found this what a great day hope there more to come does anyelse have any other videos to bring back the memories :)

ToadKiller Dog

I remember after the game just when they started to let us get onto the train after a long que in the queen st car park,some guy had a panic and tried to jump the barrier and just did not make it landing face down,he got up and seemed ok ,the whole carriage had a laugh at his expense i think he even got his own chant.

Say What Again

The bookies took a fortune from me that day :mad: yet it all looked so good at half-time.

I had:

Hearts HT/FT

Hearts -1

Skacel 1st goalscorer - which was only ?5. Nothing compared to what I had on the other 2 :mad:

I though I was buying money :sad:

Toxteth O'Grady

It was a good day out but not a patch on 16/5/1998

10 years on Friday.

I'll be celebrating

Archived