Torres

jambo1982

Do The Dance

He's worth a lot more than that to Liverpool. Along with Ronaldo, the best attacking player in the EPL this season.

The Old Tolbooth

Double it and then come back and talk, but to be honest I wouldn't sell him for any amount, he's the only threat Liverpool have!

alwaysthereinspirit

With these American owners only looking out for their bottom line. You never know. They'd be strung up over the Mersey though if the sell to another English team.

If peter crouch is worth ?15million (20 million euros) - Torres is worth nearer 500 million.

If I was him I wouldn't go there. They'd just end up wasting him out wide in a horrible 4-5-1 formation as they ground out single goal victories every week while the media **** over Lampard and Terry.

I hate Chelsea.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

FFS don't go to Chelsea!

Just imagine him at Man Utd? They would be untouchable with him Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hope he stays at Liverpool though. Him and Gerrard are great to watch together.

rossi_1983

Have heard a rumour that Liverpool need the cash, as they are due a payment of almost 50 million euros quite soon, which they can't afford, and Chelsea know this.

Hicks doesn't want to sell, but Gillette and Parry are trying to force it through

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Have heard a rumour that Liverpool need the cash, as they are due a payment of almost 50 million euros quite soon, which they can't afford, and Chelsea know this.

Hicks doesn't want to sell, but Gillette and Parry are trying to force it through

Can any Liverpool explain what the deal is with Parry?

I've not been following the whole thing to be honest but was Parry not at Liverpool well before the yanks?

Why is he being such a shop door front now?

The Old Tolbooth

Any idea as to what they are due 50M for?

rossi_1983

Sorry, I don't actually know

THis was just a friend of a friend rumour I heard last night, so the details were a bit sketchy

:laugh: Would be hilarious.

On a side note, how hilarious is it when all a Liverpool fan can say is "We've won more titles than you." Yes, by one now, and you last won the League 18 feckin' years ago!

Marmeladent?rtchen

They need to pay back the loan used to buy Torres and (I think) Mascherano.

Im sure any new investors would want the loan paid off before they come. :rolleyes:

Chelsea bid 50m Euros

Is that Torres the Spanish footballer or Torres the Spanish winery?

On a side note, how hilarious is it when all a Liverpool fan can say is "We've won more titles than you." Yes, by one now, and you last won the League 18 feckin' years ago!

I find that they like to be reminded that Blackburn & Leeds have won the Premiership much more recently than they have.

Snake Plissken

As I have no English team and remain an interested neutral I'd probably like to see him end up at Man Utd just because of the football they would be capable of

A front four of Ronaldo, Torres, Rooney, Tevez would be a joy to watch.

Say What Again

18 posts and nobody has asked 'Do you think we should go for him?'

Surprising :rolleyes:

Ray Winstone
I find that they like to be reminded that Blackburn & Leeds have won the Premiership much more recently than they have.

Except Leeds have never won the premiership, neither have Liverpool for that matter.

As I have no English team and remain an interested neutral I'd probably like to see him end up at Man Utd just because of the football they would be capable of

A front four of Ronaldo, Torres, Rooney, Tevez would be a joy to watch.

....a front four ?

no-one has played a front four for about 50 years !

Marooned In Oz
Is this the mighty boosh?

Whats with all the Euros-talk.

:laugh:

Well I thought it was funny...

vegas-voss
Chelsea bid 50m Euros

http://www.marca.com/

50m Euros he cost Liverpool ?26.5m did he not so why the hell would they want to sell him for less and another thing if there is one thing Torres is he is loyal the money Chelsea offer won't lure him away.

If LFC have any amition to win the PL they cannot sell Torres. He's a great player, and along with SG and FA are the only world class players they have.

Seymour M Hersh

Absolute ferking bollox!

Seymour M Hersh
Sorry, I don't actually know

THis was just a friend of a friend rumour I heard last night, so the details were a bit sketchy

Made up by you to suit the rumour more like.

chester copperpot
50m Euros he cost Liverpool ?26.5m did he not so why the hell would they want to sell him for less and another thing if there is one thing Torres is he is loyal the money Chelsea offer won't lure him away.

26.5M * 1.2 (Exchange rate) = 31.8M Euro's. :confused:

I see your point though, I'd be looking for much more than that as a Liverpool fan, but TBH, I cannot see many players out there that Liverpool could replace Torres with, so there's no point. If they did sell him, it would show the ambitions of the owners, that they sell out their best player.

I see your point though, I'd be looking for much more than that as a Liverpool fan, but TBH, I cannot see many players out there that Liverpool could replace Torres with, so there's no point. If they did sell him, it would show the ambitions of the owners, that they sell out their best player.

Callum Elliot:confused:

vegas-voss

Yeah i was getting it mixed up with dollars but by the time i looked at my post again i could not edit it.I never get how these big EPL teams don't buy the players when they have the chance.Torres was basically waiting for about 3 seasons on Utd coming to buy him before Liverpool finally did.Then there is Berbatov who is going to cost someone about ?20M-?25M when if the big guns had bought him a couple of years ago they could have got him for ?5m

chester copperpot
Yeah i was getting it mixed up with dollars but by the time i looked at my post again i could not edit it.I never get how these big EPL teams don't buy the players when they have the chance.Torres was basically waiting for about 3 seasons on Utd coming to buy him before Liverpool finally did.Then there is Berbatov who is going to cost someone about ?20M-?25M when if the big guns had bought him a couple of years ago they could have got him for ?5m

I think Berbatov will go for the 35-40M mark this summer, however you are right. The one thing I would say about Ferguson is that he mixes the top top dollar players well with the calculated risk ones.

Look at how well Vidic and Evra have done since joining Manchester Utd on relatively modest fee's. He also seems to buy at the right time too. I remember thinking who the feck is this young lad Ronaldo who they paid 12M for. Another pretty decent piece of business.

He has paid top dollar for players, such as Ferdinand, Rooney and Carrick, but you cant argue that either has not done well, even at the money Man Utd paid for them.

This is why I begrudgingly respect Man Utd. Kills me as a Pool fan to admit it, but they have the best manager, with the right balance. Its hard not to feel some sort of admiration for what they have done. If you look at Chelsea, who just pay over the odds for any decent player, the difference is staggering. This is why Man U still take home a profit each year, and Chelsea have record losses over the past 2/3 years.

Denny Crane

Yes the 18 year famine is somewhat embarrassing. I suspect reds fans will be more concerned if Liverpool equalled Man Utd's 26-year title famine.

Still, there's always the European trophy count to remind the Glams about (regardless of next week's result).

vegas-voss
I think Berbatov will go for the 35-40M mark this summer, however you are right. The one thing I would say about Ferguson is that he mixes the top top dollar players well with the calculated risk ones.

Look at how well Vidic and Evra have done since joining Manchester Utd on relatively modest fee's. He also seems to buy at the right time too. I remember thinking who the feck is this young lad Ronaldo who they paid 12M for. Another pretty decent piece of business.

He has paid top dollar for players, such as Ferdinand, Rooney and Carrick, but you cant argue that either has not done well, even at the money Man Utd paid for them.

This is why I begrudgingly respect Man Utd. Kills me as a Pool fan to admit it, but they have the best manager, with the right balance. Its hard not to feel some sort of admiration for what they have done. If you look at Chelsea, who just pay over the odds for any decent player, the difference is staggering. This is why Man U still take home a profit each year, and Chelsea have record losses over the past 2/3 years.

A difference of 30,000 in stadium size also helps the profit margin though.

rossi_1983
Absolute ferking bollox!

Made up by you to suit the rumour more like.

Believe what you like

I was told this on Sunday night, but didn't say anything as I knew I would get some plastic-scouse tosser shouting abuse at me

The article in the Spanish press on Monday morning, confirmed what I heard, so I thought I would share the few details I had with the people who were asking about it.

From now on, I will keep what info I hear to myself, and hope everyone else does the same. That should make this messageboard really exciting :rolleyes:

lost in leith

You reckon? All change since the Glazer's took over.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/06/manchesterunited.premierleague - 62k -

14.25% interest :wacko:

Seymour M Hersh
Believe what you like

I was told this on Sunday night, but didn't say anything as I knew I would get some plastic-scouse tosser shouting abuse at me

The article in the Spanish press on Monday morning, confirmed what I heard, so I thought I would share the few details I had with the people who were asking about it.

From now on, I will keep what info I hear to myself, and hope everyone else does the same. That should make this messageboard really exciting :rolleyes:

Pathetic little boy. I guess you don't do irony. Or abuse face to face.

Archived