Time to pull out of Under 20 league?

ritchies75

Should we withdraw from under 20 league  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Should we withdraw from under 20 league

Really?

Ha!

I suppose when you apply IJ's rule, it's believable. I just cannot fathom the yes vote.

At a time when we are relying on our youth programme and our kids more than ever, let's pull out the league that improves them and prepares them for the first team.

Ha!

I suppose when you apply IJ's rule, it's believable. I just cannot fathom the yes vote.

At a time when we are relying on our youth programme and our kids more than ever, let's pull out the league that improves them and prepares them for the first team.

ah, but it'd really show those blazers!

Voted no because there are still a fair few youngsters who won't play for the first team yet meaning they won't get any game time.

Can't see that doing their development much good.

Jambof3tornado

I'm guesstimating here but going on the above suggestion we would have had Adam King playing 135 competitive minutes of football SINCE AUGUST, Sam Nicholson about the same, Billy King likewise, Gary Oliver about 90 minutes, etc & then with no match practise/fitness you expect them to be ready when the 1st team call comes. Meanwhile Beith, Liam Gordon, and Robbie Buchanan train and that's it. Great plan!

All the players mentioned should have been getting much more 1st team game time.

Footballfirst

Plus on a lighter note what would FootballFirst do with his time if the under 20's were binned!!

I'd probably spend more time watching your laddie with the U11s. :2thumbsup:

One snippet from the U20s last night. We only had 3 subs instead of the intended 4 as we were unable to get Leon Jones out of school early enough so that he could join the team.

I'd probably spend more time watching your laddie with the U11s. :2thumbsup:

One snippet from the U20s last night. We only had 3 subs instead of the intended 4 as we were unable to get Leon Jones out of school early enough so that he could join the team.

Things must've tightened up over the last 15-20 years. I used to regularly "leave school early" to get to midweek games in Aberdeen or the likes. Or even just to watch the team train at Roseburn.

Nae commitment these young players.

:-)

Seymour M Hersh

Things must've tightened up over the last 15-20 years. I used to regularly "leave school early" to get to midweek games in Aberdeen or the likes. Or even just to watch the team train at Roseburn.

Nae commitment these young players.

:-)

At St Georges's were you? :bucktooth:

maroonnicky63

Just checked and we have 14 Under 20 league games to play between now and the end of the season including one tonight against Motherwell. Is there any point in continuing to play these games? I know we will probably be punished by SPFL if we do pull out but i think the time has come to tell them we can no longer continue to play in both Premiership and Under 20 Leagues.

Why would we want to pull out of the under 20s league.? The boys who are being forced onto the bench because of the situation have very little play time in the first team anyway and I can understand why of course , they perhaps get the last 10 to 15 mins if they are lucky and sometimes never get on. Where would they develop.? Where would all the boys who are to old to play for the under 17s play. It would be madness and we would end a laughing stock in the game.

Archived