Rangers fans to boycott Tannadice.

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

You really couldn't make this up!

RST Calls For Dundee United Boycott

Monday, 12 May 2008

In recent days, Dundee United have now heaped embarrassment twice on themselves and Scottish football.

By supporting the fixture scheduling demanded by the cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates Scottish football their anti-Rangers agenda was exposed. Now their disgraceful attack on one the most respected referees in our game appears to have reinforced their bitterness against our club.

Today's laughable 'complaint' shows all the recklessness of a Willo Flood passback.

The RST calls for Rangers to decline any ticket allocation for Tannadice next season and urges all Rangers supporters to back this course of action.

Let's see whether the loss of at least ?250,000 income is easier to swallow than their anti-Rangers bile.

Oh for **** sake.

Hopefully they'll boycott everywhere else to.

chester copperpot

Monday, 12 May 2008

In recent days, Dundee United have now heaped embarrassment twice on themselves and Scottish football.

By supporting the fixture scheduling demanded by the cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates Scottish football their anti-Rangers agenda was exposed. Now their disgraceful attack on one the most respected referees in our game appears to have reinforced their bitterness against our club.

Today's laughable 'complaint' shows all the recklessness of a Willo Flood passback.

The RST calls for Rangers to decline any ticket allocation for Tannadice next season and urges all Rangers supporters to back this course of action.

Let's see whether the loss of at least ?250,000 income is easier to swallow than their anti-Rangers bile.

Will they be boycotting all games, including the 20K that had the foresight to see this and boycott Saturdays game. ;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Best news I've heard in ages.

D Utd should preempt it and ban the lot of them.

EDIT - Better still, who would support a breakaway SPL without the OF?

Nucky Thompson

Heard it all before:) Remember they were going to boycott Tynie when we cut their allocation:p

The Old Tolbooth
Oh for **** sake.

My thoughts exactly!

Doing United a favour if they're fans don't have to suffer that mob.

The Old Tolbooth
Will they be boycotting all games, including the 20K that had the foresight to see this and boycott Saturdays game. ;)

Aye, what's that all about?

You would think that a club with a so called 2 year waiting list for season tickets and chasing the league title would be sold out!

Their giro's obviously don't stretch to 3 games in a week.

Monday, 12 May 2008

:confused:

maroonlegions
Oh for **** sake.

the sooner they feck off doon to Engerland the better it will be and they can take smeltic with them and then we can see how they will handle the referee decision"s down there eh.:rolleyes:;):evil:

I think they have jumped in a wee bit too quick with the "most respected referee..." statement.McCurry has,today,admitted that he made a pig's ear of it on at least two occasions.

That'll be the boycott cancelled?:rolleyes:

yvonnejambo

It just shows rangers and their fans do live in a whole different world. Hope we can be as fortunate with them boycotting Tynecastle. Must also say well done Utd for not putting up with ref saying sorry and actually taking it further.

dodethejambo

Can I ask how Utd would lose ?250,000.

Surely Utd fans would buy the tickets

The Doctor

Those lucky, lucky arab bassas.

What do we have to do get the hun to stop coming to Tynie? Cutting their allocation didn't work, the aftermath of the Miko/Davies incident work (maybe Miko should have tried to sue Davies for obstruction, he got right in his way) How can we hate them more?

freddiemac

if they boycott away games the same way they boycott soap, then there will be more than a few empty seats in the football stadiums around scotland . bring it on , you are not welcome anywhere

Say What Again

I would doubt it. I'll bet Dundee Utd don't sell out their allocation against the OF. I don't think they'd have a hope in hell of selling out the away end to themselves.

Denny Crane

Tayside Police must be praying that this comes off.

Oh for **** sake.

Couldnt agree more.

I think the Rangers fans are needing a few arithmetic lessons. For Utd to lose ?250,000 @ approx ?25 a ticket Rangers would need to take 10000 fans to Tannadice.The actual loss to Utd would be about ?125,000(roughly the same as McCurry's dodgy decisions cost them on Saturday).

Monday, 12 May 2008

I take it they meant Mark Kerr?

Mark_Mywords

I fecking hate the way Rangers look down at other clubs. If anyone stands up against the filth, the RST always jump in with their threats. I would love to see the day when the filth stop going to all away games; especially Edinburgh.

FTR FTC

RockyBalboa
I fecking hate the way Rangers look down at other clubs. If anyone stands up against the filth, the RST always jump in with their threats. I would love to see the day when the filth stop going to all away games; especially Edinburgh.

FTR FTC

Too right. Bunch of diry weegie biggoted dooshbags :mad:

dodethejambo
I would doubt it. I'll bet Dundee Utd don't sell out their allocation against the OF. I don't think they'd have a hope in hell of selling out the away end to themselves.

If there was no OF fans then surely a lot more familys/fans would want to go

The Old Tolbooth
Where did that statement come from?

I pinched it from the Pie and Bovril forum Andy, it's refreshing to know that fans of other clubs hate that mob as much as "most" of us do ;)

I take it they meant Mark Kerr?

Willo Flood gifted the huns a point in the 3-3 game at Tannadice with a dodgy passback which Boyd scored from.

Id have thought theyd use Mark Kerr as the example due to his mistake being much more high profile.

The cynic in me says that Mark Kerr isnt irish, so isnt the preferred target.

RockyBalboa
If there was no OF fans then surely a lot more familys/fans would want to go

They get there highest crowds against the OF so couldnae see much more turning up.

The thing is, with boycotts the tickets are still bought by Rangers so it wont effect the other clubs unless Rangers put in an official request to not recieve any tickets. So Utd won't lose any money and as there is no Huns going to be there its a guarenteed Setanta match :)

super_vlad
They get there highest crowds against the OF so couldnae see much more turning up.

The thing is, with boycotts the tickets are still bought by Rangers so it wont effect the other clubs unless Rangers put in an official request to not recieve any tickets. So Utd won't lose any money and as there is no Huns going to be there its a guarenteed Setanta match :)

but to the tickets that have not being sold go back to utd ? i can not see the ticket money being guarenteed as are you saying that grenta would have had to pay for all the allocation they got without selling more than 100 tickets at a time ?

If such a boycott extended to games at Tynecastle we would miss them.......

like the toothache!

I commend the idea in the vervent hope that it is taken up by Celtic supporters as well.

Jimmy McNulty

Now all Utd have to do is get Celtic fans to boycott, and they'll be the envy of the rest of the OF-haters....

PresidentRomanov
Too right. Bunch of diry weegie biggoted dooshbags :mad:

I find the visitors to Tynecastle, who sing about Wallace Mercer being dead, more offensive :mad:

colinmaroon

Please can we get a document drawn up supporting CL and Utd 100% on behalf of Hearts' supporters and maybe - just maybe -

that bunch of self-deluded honkers from the Planet ****box will boycott us as well!!!

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

I was just gonna say that..Maybe the UTD fans would buy the tickets..They could drop the prices for them!

Nookie Bear
I was just gonna say that..Maybe the UTD fans would buy the tickets..They could drop the prices for them!

And save a fortune in police/stewarding costs as well.

brellierlegend

I think its about time that people like Frail, Jefferies etc came out and backed Levein here.

One man alone can do nothing!

The Real Maroonblood

Could the huns also boycott this side of life. That would do the game a service and the human race.

The Future's Maroon
I think its about time that people like Frail, Jefferies etc came out and backed Levein here.

That seems to be a problem in Scottish Football....no-one else is willing to come out and speak against the OF or SFA....Vlad has done it and been punished...Levien done it before and got punished....on this occasion I think same rules apply?

I would love nothing more than all chairmen or managers in the SPL to come out and support Utd on this one? From various forums I have seen the last few days it seems all non-OF fans seem to agree with Utd, but its the ones in a (how do the SFA put it) "responsible position" who should be speaking out?

Also, I see the Ref has came out and agreed he made mistakes with the penalty incident and the 'offside...no sorry interfering with play'......but its all ok now coz he admitted he is wrong?

SHAMBLES if you ask me.

The Future's Maroon
Prefer it if they boycotted oxygen
A tad harsh....but did make me laugh!

Yup, i'd have been FAR happier to see something on the Hearts website today backing up CL and Utd, rather than seeing that soppy love in related "back gretna tonight by giving them your money" article.

The thing is, once one or two clubs did it, i'm sure others would follow suit - it seems to me that noone has the balls to be the first to speak out.

Moe Szyslak

By supporting the fixture scheduling demanded by the cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates Scottish football their anti-Rangers agenda was exposed.

Funny how Celtic fans believe that these "hidden forces" actually have an "anti-Celtic" agenda.

So how come, with the Scottish football establishment conspiring against both of them, the Old Firm still manage to maintain their domination of the Scottish game? :confused:

Just as well we have these secret forces at work though. Imagine how far ahead they would be if they weren't hindered in this way!

RockyBalboa
I find the visitors to Tynecastle, who sing about Wallace Mercer being dead, more offensive :mad:

Good for you.

RockyBalboa
but to the tickets that have not being sold go back to utd ? i can not see the ticket money being guarenteed as are you saying that grenta would have had to pay for all the allocation they got without selling more than 100 tickets at a time ?

I dont think that happens with the OF if they request the whole stand. If that was the case then when the Huns were ****** a couple years back and they were not filling out the stand at ER they would have sent the tickets back for Hibs to sell. I think Hearts do the same to Hibs when it comes to the Roseburn now.

Gretna and the likes are different as it's pay at the gate, and they get the minimum req that has to be allocated.

John Findlay

I am fed up of them threatening to boycott this stadium and that stadium. Edgars is a blow hard. Message for him. Please carry out one of your threats but, make sure it is the one where you boycott every stadium in Scotland. Get on with it.

John

Hagar the Horrible

That guy Edgar is more delusional that the accoutants at the San Giro? Does he actually represent any actual Rangers fans? I thought they were set up to buy shares in the Club to return ownership to the real fans? so i take it Sir Dave is not a real fan then? and judging by the fact that SDM has ended up owning more of the club after the last flotation the RST failed miserably?

Dont rant too much Edgar you wont be missed at Tannadice or at any other league ground, real fans will always support their team and if they dont then perhaps the home support will turn it into a family game? Do you live at home with your Mum she might not let you go to away games in any case?

I also liked the rant about SPL reps being told to stay away from Manchester as they did not help Rankers in Europe

"In light of their pathetic, though sadly predictable, refusal to in any way help Rangers in their quest to deliver a European trophy to Scotland, we would like to make it clear that the Rangers Support will find it wholly unacceptable if any representative of the SPL was to attend this match in an official capacity. Through exposing the bitter and cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates and controls Scottish football, the SPL have made it clear that Rangers FC are treated differently from other clubs in the same league, a fact addressed by Sir David Murray yesterday and by several neutrals in the Press today.

To any representatives of the SPL, we say simply this; Do not come - you are not welcome."

Guess what i know loads who are going? sad little man!

Archived