Trousers

Gigolo-Aunt

Need to buy some new trousers for work - not really sure what I'm looking to buy but does anyone know anywhere in town that sells something like the below or a point in the right direction shop wise?

ta

http://www.merc.com/...ton-Sta-Trouser

Why not just order them from that online shop?

I'd imagine House of Fraser, Debenhams, Jenners, Slaters etc. would be pretty safe bets.

I'd imagine he wants something simila

I'd imagine House of Fraser, Debenhams, Jenners, Slaters etc. would be pretty safe bets.

I'd imagine he's after something similar at a lower cost?

Topman, River Island or possibly H&M?

The People's Chimp

Is GA looking for sta-press in particular or just a slim trouser? I picked up a pair in Reiss before Christmas, slim, tapered leg and a slight check. Might be worth having a look at Cos as well.

I own these (golfer) but only wore them once due them being too big. Size are you Boris?

Ahem, 36 waist, just to be on the safe comfortable side....

But I fear Relco make them exactly i.e. most trousers are actually an inch or two bigger than advertised.

Are yours golfing trousers or sta-prest?

Angry Haggis

Marks and Sparks do a wealth of dress/work torusers. Not sure about the slim fitting/sta-prest types though.

Slaters menswear in George Street, just round from Castle Street has quite a large dress trousers section and stocks brands such as Ben Sherman/Farah - may be worth a try.

Thanks guys - will take a walk up town tomorrow morning.

I'm heaidng up town tomorrow to get a few things. If I can get something similar or the same as the link whilst I'm there, kills two birds with one stone (plus when I order on line, 9 times out of 10 nobody is in and I have to arrange a pick up from the local Post Office)

Sawdust Caesar

I had a pair of those Prince of Wales check when I was a mod 30 odd years ago, they had blue and red stripes through them, got "Rupert the bear" sang at me too many times, even though his were yellow, I really liked them though.

Ted Baker have some nice straight leg and slim fit chinos some of which have 2% elastane in them which gives them a bit stretch, handy if you are carrying a few extra pounds and seems to prevent the knees getting a bit baggy, some choice of colours as well. Got a nice pair of mohair trousers from M & S but that was a while ago so doubt they still do them.

Archived