Eddie Mearns and Ross Hamilton Released.

MackaysCentreSpot

WeeToonJambo

I've watched Mearns a lot this season at under 19 and reserve level and Dexter's cartoon suits him to a tee. Bags of agression and energy, buzzed about the pitch getting stuck into opponents and I actually came to think of him as the rottweiler. You always got 100% commitment but I always had a doubt about his over-all ability. I'm surprised he's being linked to Hibs because he doesn't fit in with their silky, flair type of football. I think Mixu might like him though.

I can't comment on Ross Hamilton because I haven't seen enough of him. Even when he's on the park he's never stood out for me, and maybe that's the problem, just another middle of the road, run of the mill footballer.

Its funny but Mearns nearly always got a good report on here after games - quite often one of the top performers

I saw him a couple of times on reserve Old Firm games on Setanta and he looked good

It didnt seem this season that any alleged attitude problems were interfering with his form

No doubt history will be rewritten a little by some people now that he has been ditched but it does seem as if worse players have been kept on / borught in in recent times.

He seems like the sort of player we didnt really have - a nippy wee annoying midfielder that puts his foot in a lot and is committed to that.

Adios anyway

Its funny but Mearns nearly always got a good report on here after games - quite often one of the top performers

I saw him a couple of times on reserve Old Firm games on Setanta and he looked good

It didnt seem this season that any alleged attitude problems were interfering with his form

No doubt history will be rewritten a little by some people now that he has been ditched but it does seem as if worse players have been kept on / borught in in recent times.He seems like the sort of player we didnt really have - a nippy wee annoying midfielder that puts his foot in a lot and is committed to that.

Adios anyway

Thats what i dont understand.Not saying that Mearns is a cert to make it but deserves another 2 years to try.He has performed well in all levels asked.Improved his passing and was one of the top performers in the reserves this year.He must be gutted to think he has coped well at all levels and told to leave when some Rumanian wonder kid has not kicked a ball for 2 seasons gets another chance.

Archived