Eddie Mearns and Ross Hamilton Released.

MackaysCentreSpot

Clarkserino

Feckin joke.

Have it on good authority that Mearns has been a stand out for the U19s this year and more recently the reserves.

Ability counts for feck all under this regime unfortunately, and I expect this kid to come back and bite us on the erse one day.

chester copperpot

From what I hear, Eddie has the talent, but not the temperament. Sadly Hammy just doesn't do it for me.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Can't say I'm surprised.

Scotland is the only country in the world where we rate players like Mearns - absolutely no skill or ball control whatsoever but he's a "trier" and he gets "stuck in".

Toxteth O'Grady

Sorry to see wee Eddie go, he is a trier and a hard tackler.

Hopefully this is part of a fairly large clearout at youth level as there are far too many players for them all to get a regular game.

Fat Striker

That is a pity actually.

I only saw him play 'in the flesh' for the first time last Wednesday, but he impressed me with his attitude and energy, but perhaps lacked the passing ability to really stand out. He was a neat and tidy little player though, keeping things simple and helping his teammates out. To be honest there was far worse on show that night.

Maybe he can make it as a decent first division player?

chester copperpot
Can't say I'm surprised.

Scotland is the only country in the world where we rate players like Mearns - absolutely no skill or ball control whatsoever but he's a "trier" and he gets "stuck in".

Think this is a bit unfair on Eddie mate. I dont know how many games you've taken in, but have seen him play both for the reserves and the U-19's on several occassions, and he looks a pretty accomplished DM. The games I have seen him in, he does a great job of breaking up play, always in the right position and gives the ball to more creative players.

Unfortunately has the temperament of a bulldog with an elastic band tied round its knob.

Ray Winstone
Can't say I'm surprised.

Otherwise known as Robbie Neilson syndrome.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Think this is a bit unfair on Eddie mate. I dont know how many games you've taken in, but have seen him play both for the reserves and the U-19's on several occassions, and he looks a pretty accomplished DM. The games I have seen him in, he does a great job of breaking up play, always in the right position and gives the ball to more creative players.

Unfortunately has the temperament of a bulldog with an elastic band tied round its knob.

What's his disciplinary recored like?

Anyone know what these two will do now?

A player released a couple of months ago was playing for Mussy Windsor 21s ... it's a harsh game!! :eek:

MackaysCentreSpot
Otherwise known as Robbie Neilson syndrome.

Care to stick to the thread topic.................or move along.

I played against him when i was younger and i can 100% confirm he's an absolute Jakeball. Honestly, he'd go around leathering folk.

Sheer bampot.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I haven't seen him as much as that (maybe three or four times) and he just struck me as the type of guy you see in amateur games all over the country - the wee guy in midfield who shouts at everybody, puts in a few leg-breaking, crunching tackles but doesn't offer anything when he's actually got the ball. Ach, maybe I'm just a purist - I would much rather we dedicate our time to skillful ball-players.

Toxteth O'Grady
Hamilton is going to Falkirk I think.

Have you heard of any more being released?

MackaysCentreSpot

The two of them do not know what they are going to be doing.

What's his disciplinary recored like?

Anyone know what these two will do now?

A player released a couple of months ago was playing for Mussy Windsor 21s ... it's a harsh game!! :eek:

Last season he was sent off four times despite missing significant time through injury.

chester copperpot
I haven't seen him as much as that (maybe three or four times) and he just struck me as the type of guy you see in amateur games all over the country - the wee guy in midfield who shouts at everybody, puts in a few leg-breaking, crunching tackles but doesn't offer anything when he's actually got the ball. Ach, maybe I'm just a purist - I would much rather we dedicate our time to skillful ball-players.

Every team needs a Mearns like player IMO, but you're right, he needs to control his aggression, which he wasn't able to do much of the time. I would like to have given him next year to prove he'd curbed it, as it was the only thing letting him down IMO.

Commander Harris

gutted. mearns is destined to be the new gattuso :sad:

shame it will be away from hearts.

Charlie-Brown

Mearns & Hamilton are both decent enough players & will definitely have a career in football either at lower SPL or upper SFL level however they aren't as promising as

Johnny Brown or Mikey Delands (for Hamilton)

Steven Husband, Johnny Stewart, Danny Thomson, John Woods or Shaun McCallion (for Mearns - midfielders)

Meant to say, he's talked about leaving for a while and i've got no doubt he'll not be gutted at all. He'll probably join Hibs or somethin'.

Meant to say, he's talked about leaving for a while and i've got no doubt he'll not be gutted at all. He'll probably join Hibs or somethin'.

He's a Jambo so I'd imagine he would be quite gutted.

I've heard he's joining Preston. Although this isn't from a player though so it's not that reliable a source.

funny how you never posed anything about it then !

To be fair I think i might still have the PM saying this as I thought Hamilton was ok!

Charlie-Brown

Eggert Jonsson & Ryan McGowan would be much more likely to feature in defensive midfield than Mearns would at Hearts whilst other youngsters (I noted above) show more promise in terms of ability / potential.

It is sad when any kids are released & I wish them all the best for their future & hope they both find a club soon.

He's a Jambo so I'd imagine he would be quite gutted.

I've heard he's joining Preston. Although this isn't from a player though so it's not that reliable a source.

I can assure you he's been moaning for a while. He's the sort of lad that will shed no tears at leaving Hearts and will, no doubt, bounce back.

So what was the point in playing him in the reserves up until a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone at the club have a clue about anything?

MackaysCentreSpot

Must say that I only posted this as there has not been a post actually stating they have been released.

There has been a few posts suggesting certain players may be released which is a bit different.

But if people want to claim an exclusive let them.

Ryan Gosling
Must say that I only posted this as there has not been a post actually stating they have been released.

There has been a few posts suggesting certain players may be released which is a bit different.

But if people want to claim an exclusive let them.

:rolleyes:

So what was the point in playing him in the reserves up until a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone at the club have a clue about anything?

It's usually about giving them games so they can get a chance to show other clubs what they can do. The club are just trying to help them get picked up by someone else.

CornhillHearts

Peanut was first, sorry married couple but he heard they may be linked with Hubs, they are not interested which is not surprising.

Susie-Jambo-66

Good Luck to them both.

I hope they do well where ever they end up

Eddie will be great where ever he goes and I sure Hammy will do well also

They will be well missed by the U19's :confused:

Ryan Gosling
Peanut was first, sorry married couple but he heard they may be linked with Hubs, they are not interested which is not surprising.

Actually I never mentioned hibs. :D

Think Hamilton was linked with them a year ago, but I'm pretty certain he got offered a deal at Falkirk as he was on trial there.

Susie-Jambo-66

wooooooooooooooooooooooooop wooooooooooooooooooooooooop

Ibrahim Tall

Mearns seemed pretty decent anytime i've seen him. According to a hobo mate he was a standout v them recently aswell.

CornhillHearts

Apologies peanut somebody did, anyway the 17s have 20 odd players, space is needed so any so called deadwood must go, for what its worth Mearns should prob get a first division club, not seen enough of Hamilton.

Think they are just the start, i just hope Rocky gets kept on-joking Andy!

Ahh well there goes one of my moles inside tynie! Just of the phone to Ross, Peanut is almost spot on with what he's saying. Will be missed around tynie. Good luck to you mate.

chester copperpot
Apologies peanut somebody did, anyway the 17s have 20 odd players, space is needed so any so called deadwood must go, for what its worth Mearns should prob get a first division club, not seen enough of Hamilton.

Think they are just the start, i just hope Rocky gets kept on-joking Andy!

If Rocky gets released, I will be shaking with Rage, kicking my Russian hat and throwing my season ticket on the park :laugh:

MackaysCentreSpot

At least when you are trying to make a point, do try and get your facts correct.

Can't say I'm surprised.

See, I was scared of that. I have only seen him once, and he spent the whole game head down, running at the other team. If that is his general level of ability I would not be sad to see him go.

However, I know a few people that see him a lot more than me and rate him highly.

Charlie-Brown
Oh and btw, Hamilton was rubbish.

I wouldn't say Hamilton was rubbish BH but he's not as good a prospect as Johnny Brown or Mikey Deland however Hammy is tall & athletic with decent ball control & passing etc. and also scores his fair share of goals at set pieces etc. so he should definitely find a club.

The term rubbish should be reserved for rubbish players like Neilson for example who is a nice guy and good role model but rubbish at football.

Archived