V's Sunderland

Meadows

Rhys Craigie seemingly got the equaliser.

Injury in first half to a trialist from Spurs

Playing for US? Why? As we cannot sign him anytime soon.

More to the point was he any good prior to going off injured?

That's the lad ! Made his debut against us in Europa league and broke his duck against Jordan.... :devil2:

Jesus!!

That's like having your first experience of caving in Cnoc nan Uamh instead of something like Fingal's Cave :o

tartofmidlothian

After a bit of research the Spurs trialist was Jake Nicholson who famously came on against Hearts in the Europa League tie in London oh and also for 'dating' Katie Price. There again what footballer hasn't

On trial for us?

Did Keighan Parker not also date her?

Edit: It was Jade Goody, wasn't it?

Playing for US? Why? As we cannot sign him anytime soon.

More to the point was he any good prior to going off injured?

If i said similiar to Tapping in style,build etc but difficult to judge if good as went off after twenty minutes.

Very very impressed with Sam Nicholson, Jack Hamilton and Adam King. Good performances from Liam Gordon,Angus B eith and a few others but will leave football first to do his usual match report.

kylelauren01

Hearts team anyone? Guessing something like Hamilton, Liam Smith, Liam Gordon, AN Other, Elliot Ford, Angus Beith, Sam Nicolson, Adam King, Billy King, Dale Carrick & AN Other.

Footballfirst

Team was on a variable 4-2-3-1:

Hamilton

L Smith, Gordon, Wilson, Ford

J Nicholson(Buchanan), A King

S Nicholson (Craigie) B King, Beith

Carrick (Scott)

Sunderland's #7 was involved in all three of their first half goals with two great left foot strikes from 22 yards and an effort that hit the post with was bundled into the net by their #4.

Angus Beith was fouled for Hearts penalty before scoring from the spot himself. In the second half Sam Nicholson scored with a deflected shot that looped over the keeper, before he made a fine run to the bye line and cut back the ball for Angus Beith to score the equaliser.

Just when it looked like both sides would settle for a draw, Sunderland capitalised on a bad backpass for one of their subs to score with three minutes left. However Hearts kept going a were rewarded with a fourth goal from Rhys Craigie whose angled shot also seemed to benefit from a deflection on the way into the net.

It was an entertaining game on an otherwise chilly day. Best for Hearts was Sam Nicholson, with good shifts from Jack Hamilton, Liam Gordon and Angus Beith.

A good word for Robbie Neilson as he sorted out the problem dealing with their #7 at half time with some quiet words to Elliot Ford (he played on the right, but was very left footed and always cut inside) It seemed to work well as the threat was much reduced in the second half. (why it too until half time to fix it though is a valid question) As a contrast, the Sunderland coach had a real go at his players after the final whistle, with every second word an expletive and I could still hear him from 100 yards away as I headed off.

tartofmidlothian

Team was on a variable 4-2-3-1:

Hamilton

L Smith, Gordon, Wilson, Ford

J Nicholson(Buchanan), A King

S Nicholson (Craigie) B King, Beith

Carrick (Scott)

Sunderland's #7 was involved in all three of their first half goals with two great left foot strikes from 22 yards and an effort that hit the post with was bundled into the net by their #4.

Angus Beith was fouled for Hearts penalty before scoring from the spot himself. In the second half Sam Nicholson scored with a deflected shot that looped over the keeper, before he made a fine run to the bye line and cut back the ball for Angus Beith to score the equaliser.

Just when it looked like both sides would settle for a draw, Sunderland capitalised on a bad backpass for one of their subs to score with three minutes left. However Hearts kept going a were rewarded with a fourth goal from Rhys Craigie whose angled shot also seemed to benefit from a deflection on the way into the net.

It was an entertaining game on an otherwise chilly day. Best for Hearts was Sam Nicholson, with good shifts from Jack Hamilton, Liam Gordon and Angus Beith.

A good word for Robbie Neilson as he sorted out the problem dealing with their #7 at half time with some quiet words to Elliot Ford (he played on the right, but was very left footed and always cut inside) It seemed to work well as the threat was much reduced in the second half. (why it too until half time to fix it though is a valid question) As a contrast, the Sunderland coach had a real go at his players after the final whistle, with every second word an expletive and I could still hear him from 100 yards away as I headed off.

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

So are we getting their #7 in on loan when our ban's lifted? :whistling:

Footballfirst

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

So are we getting their #7 in on loan when our ban's lifted? :whistling:

If only. I've just got hold of the guy's name. He is 19 year old Swedish U19 international, David Karlsson. He was signed Sunderland from IFK G?teborg for a reported ?1.9M.

It was nominally Sunderland's U21 Development squad we were playing, who are currently sitting 3rd in their league.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=KNOCKOUT

kylelauren01

Eric, beat me to it!! David Karlsson, 4 year contract from Gothenburg for 1.9m. On the other side was Adam Mitchell who played for Sunderland v Spurs in the last EPL game of last season.

Surprised someone hasn't picked up the fact 'Wilson' was playing CH & moaning about Danny Wilson neading a rest, though they probably got their fix earlier in the thread.

To clarify, I'm assuming this wouldv

Footballfirst

Surprised someone hasn't picked up the fact 'Wilson' was playing CH & moaning about Danny Wilson neading a rest, though they probably got their fix earlier in the thread.

To clarify, I'm assuming this wouldv

To clarify, it was 16 year old Kai Wilson playing centre back

Full report on the HYDC site, (probably with a few typos)

http://hydc.co.uk/recent-fixtures/u20-match-report-hearts-u20s-4-4-sunderland-xi/

If i said similiar to Tapping in style,build etc but difficult to judge if good as went off after twenty minutes.

Very very impressed with Sam Nicholson, Jack Hamilton and Adam King. Good performances from Liam Gordon,Angus B eith and a few others but will leave football first to do his usual match report.

Cheers Calum

I have not seen much of the 20s this season but anytime I have their results have been very good, IMO with McGhee in beside Liam Gordon,although young ,would be a great partnership in future. Liam Smith is a good prospect at right back and Angus Beith is also a talent. Adam King is excellent in centre mid and Nicholson is exciting to watch. Although the immediate future for Hearts is bleak, long term there is some great talent developing in the 20s which hopefully Robbie can continue to develop the good habits installed by Darren Murray.

Winston Ingram

Wasn't Nicholson just freed by Morton? Doesn't bode particularly well even without the Tapping comparisons (which presumably means just another ineffective midfielder).

Wasn't Nicholson just freed by Morton? Doesn't bode particularly well even without the Tapping comparisons (which presumably means just another ineffective midfielder).

I think Jake Nicholson was only on loan to Morton.

I make it eight of those that were available to be on the bench last weekend. If Locke doesn't name a full list of subs he's only restricting us further.

I make it eight of those that were available to be on the bench last weekend. If Locke doesn't name a full list of subs he's only restricting us further.

Obviously the Kings, Carrick & Nicholson have all been subs.

I know Beith & Gordon were taken to Celtic Park & were in the squad but Locke told them before kick-of they werent in the 18 to make a point to the SFA - which whether you agree with his 'point' is not the way to treat young players

Obviously the Kings, Carrick & Nicholson have all been subs.

I know Beith & Gordon were taken to Celtic Park & were in the squad but Locke told them before kick-of they werent in the 18 to make a point to the SFA - which whether you agree with his 'point' is not the way to treat young players

His "point" doesn't make a "point" to anybody. That's what happens when you have a dense manager.

The whole back four, the three subs and Beith are available to him, I'd suggest.

Yes and looking at twitter feeds we have more injuries building up. Get these lads on the bench, anything else is disrespectful.

Dallas Green

Robbie for manager!

Seriously though, well done to the young lads. Sounds like we do have some quality.

jamboinglasgow

His "point" doesn't make a "point" to anybody. That's what happens when you have a dense manager.

The whole back four, the three subs and Beith are available to him, I'd suggest.

Its idiotic, the SFA/SPFL have details of all the registered players we submitted to them, so they know what players we have that are 16 or over. They know we are not short of players, so this charade just leaves him looking foolish. Its akin to going to the bank, wearing tattered clothes and saying to them can they let you off mortagage payments for the next few months as you have no money, just look at your clothes, when all they will do is look at account and find you have enough.

Only top of the eight players you have mentioned, you can add Jack Simpson and Sam Daniel. So that makes 10 players Hearts have who are aged 16 or over, that Locke wants to pretend dont exist to the SFA by only using five on the bench.

Yes and looking at twitter feeds we have more injuries building up. Get these lads on the bench, anything else is disrespectful.

Who is now injured?

edit: just seen Hearts website, so McHattie, Tapping and Wilson (who has lost 7 pounds from illness) all likely to be out. And his first words are "There's no chance I can fill my bench on Saturday....we simply haven't got the players." He then talks about how he came into the side aged 17, so Gary what about 17 year old Liam Gordon, Angus Beith, Robbie Buchanan, Liam Smith and Elliot Ford (three of whom will turn 18 in next month or two and all of them are older than Jordan McGhee who he plays regularly. Just madness and stupidity all rolled into one.

Harry Palmer

Who is now injured?

Wilson, McHattie and Tapping seem to be strugglin'.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3612131

"There's no chance we'll be able to fill the bench on Saturday. Unless these three players make it, which at the moment they're extremely doubtful, we just simply haven't got the players.

Its idiotic, the SFA/SPFL have details of all the registered players we submitted to them, so they know what players we have that are 16 or over. They know we are not short of players, so this charade just leaves him looking foolish. Its akin to going to the bank, wearing tattered clothes and saying to them can they let you off mortagage payments for the next few months as you have no money, just look at your clothes, when all they will do is look at account and find you have enough.

Only top of the eight players you have mentioned, you can add Jack Simpson and Sam Daniel. So that makes 10 players Hearts have who are aged 16 or over, that Locke wants to pretend dont exist to the SFA by only using five on the bench.

Who is now injured?

I'm not disagreeing really but his point is we don't have any players who can be used, not that we don't have any players. With the best will in the world, he isn't going to throw a 16 yearold into what is already a shite situation. So he's saying he's using all the players he can possibly "use". The 8/10 lads you mention may be signed but they're not signed to play for the first team yet - they could be years off.

I'm not saying Lockie's 5 subs is eloquent or anything like it, but I do think a lot of people are totally underestimating how difficult the situation is. This place (not aimed at you JiG) is a joke just now. Angus Beith may very well be a talent. It would not be fair on the kid to play him at this time though and that's the point. Shit a brick, it's no fair on half the laddies who are playing! But aye, like everyone here seems to think, if Lockie just tweaks a position or two, we'd mid-table by now.

18Jambo_dave74

Wilson, McHattie and Tapping seem to be strugglin'.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3612131

In which case, if they are all out you could go with something like:

MacDonald

McGhee McKay McGowan Hamill

Paterson Robinson A.King B.King

Walker

Stevenson

Subs: Hamilton, L.Smith, Beith, Nicholson, D. Smith, Buchanan, Carrick.

Just get on with it Locke.

jamboinglasgow

I'm not disagreeing really but his point is we don't have any players who can be used, not that we don't have any players. With the best will in the world, he isn't going to throw a 16 yearold into what is already a shite situation. So he's saying he's using all the players he can possibly "use". The 8/10 lads you mention may be signed but they're not signed to play for the first team yet - they could be years off.

I'm not saying Lockie's 5 subs is eloquent or anything like it, but I do think a lot of people are totally underestimating how difficult the situation is. This place (not aimed at you JiG) is a joke just now. Angus Beith may very well be a talent. It would not be fair on the kid to play him at this time though and that's the point. Shit a brick, it's no fair on half the laddies who are playing! But aye, like everyone here seems to think, if Lockie just tweaks a position or two, we'd mid-table by now.

But surely you see the strange hypocrisy in what Locke is doing. He put Buchanan and Beith on the bench against Inverness earlier in the season without any fuss. That was a time when we were doing well. Now we are doing poorly he says he says he hasn't got players and puts only 5 on he bench. You can understand why it is frustrating and feel insulting to the younger players. He is doing it purely to try and get the SFA to change the transfer embargo, it has not worked, he should not be still be trying this.

fabienleclerq

Agreed. If Locke throws in a couple of 16 year olds and they get injured and ruins their career how will the ones calling for them to play feel then?

Footballfirst

Here's the ages of the U20s

Under 20s Dob Age

Dale Carrick 07/01/1994 20.01

Jack Hamilton 22/03/1994 19.80

Billy King 12/05/1994 19.66

Callum Paterson 13/10/1994 19.24

Sam Nicholson 20/01/1995 18.97

Gary Oliver 14/07/1995 18.49

Adam King 11/10/1995 18.25

Liam Gordon 26/01/1996 17.95

Angus Beith 22/02/1996 17.88

Robbie Buchanan 23/02/1996 17.88

Liam Smith 10/04/1996 17.75

Elliot Ford 26/05/1996 17.62

Jordan McGhee 24/07/1996 17.46

Jordan Millar 22/11/1996 17.13

Jack Simpson 08/01/1997 17.00

Kai Wilson 06/03/1997 16.85

Rhys Craigie 20/03/1997 16.81

Sam Daniel 06/05/1997 16.68

Aaron Scott 01/07/1997 16.53

none of them are 16 , someone mentions further up a few are almost 18!

But if they're not ready to play, then they're not. McGhee just turned 17 this season but he's more ready.

The point being made is that there's no point in having lads on the bench if there is no way they could be used on the pitch. Age isn't really the point. It's stage of development.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with the method of making the point, but I get what he's saying. These lads are gourndstaff and "may" be ready in a year or two. A number of the names quoted may never have even made bench appearances in their whole time at Hearts during normal times.

Yes I agree but if he could do it in September why not now? Hes using the lads as a pawn in the ding dong with authorities. That's wrong.

jamboinglasgow

But if they're not ready to play, then they're not. McGhee just turned 17 this season but he's more ready.

The point being made is that there's no point in having lads on the bench if there is no way they could be used on the pitch. Age isn't really the point. It's stage of development.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with the method of making the point, but I get what he's saying. These lads are gourndstaff and "may" be ready in a year or two. A number of the names quoted may never have even made bench appearances in their whole time at Hearts during normal times.

But my point still stands, Locke put at least 3 of these players on the bench in the past without a problem, to turn round now and say nope we have no one is quite insulting to these players. Dont pretend this anything other than Locke trying to play games with the SFA and it failing badly.

Who is now injured?

edit: just seen Hearts website, so McHattie, Tapping and Wilson (who has lost 7 pounds from illness) all likely to be out. And his first words are "There's no chance I can fill my bench on Saturday....we simply haven't got the players." He then talks about how he came into the side aged 17, so Gary what about 17 year old Liam Gordon, Angus Beith, Robbie Buchanan, Liam Smith and Elliot Ford (three of whom will turn 18 in next month or two and all of them are older than Jordan McGhee who he plays regularly. Just madness and stupidity all rolled into one.

....and sends out the message that the future of Hearts is based on developing Scottish talent.

Seymour M Hersh

Yes I agree but if he could do it in September why not now? Hes using the lads as a pawn in the ding dong with authorities. That's wrong.

That and potentially signalling to the lads he and Brown don't think they're good enough. Not ready enough. Good enough. Mr ******* motivator is Lockasaurous!

But my point still stands, Locke put at least 3 of these players on the bench in the past without a problem, to turn round now and say nope we have no one is quite insulting to these players. Dont pretend this anything other than Locke trying to play games with the SFA and it failing badly.

Not actually disagreeing with anyone here. What I'd say though is that those lads were on the bench at a time we're doing well and he's maybe making hay while the sun shines. Maybe if we were doing a bit better and there was a bit of confidence about the place, the likes of Beith or whatever could maybe get 20 mins from the bench. As it is, he feels he just can't put pressure on these kids, that it wouldn't be fair. So what's the point in having them on the bench? If they're never going to get to play cos they simply aren't ready for the situation?

Totally take your point though.

Thing is, not one of us sees these kids on a daily basis so not one of us is really in a position to say. He's definitely playing games for the SFA, but I do honestly feel he's protecting his lads too. If nothing else, Lockie good with the lads and I'm sure he'll have been over it with them. Like to think so anyway.

Not actually disagreeing with anyone here. What I'd say though is that those lads were on the bench at a time we're doing well and he's maybe making hay while the sun shines. Maybe if we were doing a bit better and there was a bit of confidence about the place, the likes of Beith or whatever could maybe get 20 mins from the bench. As it is, he feels he just can't put pressure on these kids, that it wouldn't be fair. So what's the point in having them on the bench? If they're never going to get to play cos they simply aren't ready for the situation?

Totally take your point though.

Thing is, not one of us sees these kids on a daily basis so not one of us is really in a position to say. He's definitely playing games for the SFA, but I do honestly feel he's protecting his lads too. If nothing else, Lockie good with the lads and I'm sure he'll have been over it with them. Like to think so anyway.

Re your last couple sentences, the impression I was given is that he messed the players about and is using them as pawns in a game he is loosing

Re your last couple sentences, the impression I was given is that he messed the players about and is using them as pawns in a game he is loosing

Just as many posting on here are using the players issue to put the boot in to our manager.........full of agenda and little fact

Just as many posting on here are using the players issue to put the boot in to our manager.........full of agenda and little fact

Kind of how I'm seeing it to CJ. If we win tomorrow with a shell of a team on the park it won't be well done, it'll be why hasn't that been the team all season.

Mixture of people not grasping how difficult this is and quite frankly a whole load of immaturity and toys out the pram cos they can't handle losing. Fact is the club is alive but this season was too steep an uphill challenge and we just need to stay strong. The fans have stuck behind the team in the most part, especially attendance-wise, but all the bitching is teeth-pullingly cringeworthy.

Archived