V's Sunderland

Meadows

Friendly arranged verus a very strong Sunderland U21 team for tomorrow (wed) 1.00pm kick off. To be played at Riccarton but Spartans all weather booked as back up in case of inclement weather. Would imagine a decent 'test' and a good game to watch.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

For our tired young players that aren't good enough and are playing to much football aye ??

Jambof3tornado

For our tired young players that aren't good enough and are playing to much football aye ??

Cant fill a bench. Hmmm

Friendly arranged verus a very strong Sunderland U21 team for tomorrow (wed) 1.00pm kick off. To be played at Riccarton but Spartans all weather booked as back up in case of inclement weather. Would imagine a decent 'test' and a good game to watch.

I believe it's closed doors, so doubt anyone will be able to get in and watch.

So GL/BB have bemoaned the fact we're down to the bare bones and are only fielding 5 from 7 subs and yet arrange a midweek friendly.

I despair :facepalm:

So GL/BB have bemoaned the fact we're down to the bare bones and are only fielding 5 from 7 subs and yet arrange a midweek friendly.

I despair :facepalm:

Can't imagine a friendly is too diff from a mid week training game amongst themselves.

Can't imagine a friendly is too diff from a mid week training game amongst themselves.

Fair enough but still seems a bit strange arranging another game when our squad is already stretched thin.

It will be a great experience and change from training or fleeting subs role for likes of B King,A King, S Nicholson, D Carrick J Hamilton and others.

broughies tach

Is this not for Robbie Neilson's charges. I know there is a cross-over of some players but I doubt there is the need for the outrage & indignation posted here so far.

fabienleclerq

Could we be looking at a couple of players?

Folk will moan about anything on here, FRIENDLY GAMES ARE KILLING THIS CLUB.

Is this not for Robbie Neilson's charges. I know there is a cross-over of some players but I doubt there is the need for the outrage & indignation posted here so far.

Behave! Apologists like you do nothing for the Hearts cause.

BB and GL are responsible for the current mess at Hearts, not to mention the credit crisis, global warming and the alarming rate at which my nasal hair seems to grow these days.

Hang the two of them.

Honestly some folk on this forum are no for real!!

They moan about players training 1 1/2 hours a day etc, this players no good enough, that players no ready for 1st team football etc etc,

So we arrange a friendly against a good EPL reserve side and people are still moaning like feck!! FFS get a grip!!

this is all about developing players futures and given them experience, any player will tell you, playing is better than training!!

They moan about players training 1 1/2 hours a day etc, this players no good enough, that players no ready for 1st team football etc etc,

So we arrange a friendly against a good EPL reserve side and people are still moaning like feck!! FFS get a grip!!

this is all about developing players futures and given them experience, any player will tell you, playing is better than training!!

Bloody well said !

Bloody well said !

Just peeved off mate with nearly all the negativity, on every thread, Locke out, Robinson, Tapping. Paterson , Walker, McDonald etc etc the list goes on and on,

I just hope that most people will wake up and smell the coffee, this club is in deep S%&t and I hope that the club still survives, keep GL on as manager in the 1st Division (championship) and lets see what he can do without both hands being tied behind his back! if it doesn`t work out for him then lets get an experienced manager in and keep Lockie on !!

I've never once moaned about how much/little training the players do. I just can't believe that the nanagment are moaning about the lack of players we have, complaining that we should be allowed to sign players and then arrange a game that could cause further injuries.

Personally I think the players need more match practice, not less. Having such training in a non-pressured environment is ok with me

So, I will not jump on a bandwaggon here.

I think a friendly instead of practicing defensive drills which clearly arent working is as good a thing to try as any.

I've never once moaned about how much/little training the players do. I just can't believe that the nanagment are moaning about the lack of players we have, complaining that we should be allowed to sign players and then arrange a game that could cause further injuries.

That wasn`t aimed at you, it was other threads on this board, hope that clears your issue up?

I understand your concerns regarding injuries, but this is an U20's game with fringe 1st team players getting a much needed run out against quality opposition.It will help them in terms of experience,playing time and hopefully confidence. players get injured in training as much as matches. If this game shows lockie a couple of options then it is a success,if it gives the lads a much needed game it is a success.

PS Sunderland are paying their own bus hire and meals !

That wasn`t aimed at you, it was other threads on this board, hope that clears your issue up?

Well I was quite critical of this game so thought I was included.

Fair enough though I'll wind my neck in

I totally agree - far too much negativity on here, a lot of which is ill-informed or just plain misguided..

Seymour M Hersh

There are quite a lot of U20 players getting little or no football at the moment. U20's last game was before xmas and the likes of Sam Nicholson and other 1st team fringe players not getting much game time. I suspect this game is for these lads and these lads only. Might show Tyransaurouslocke and Brownasaurous that some are in fact able to step all the way up to the bench.

I totally agree - far too much negativity on here, a lot of which is ill-informed or just plain misguided..

A bit of both!!!

kylelauren01

Locke & Brown are at nearly every game at Newtongrange when the 20's play so they'll know exactly who is capable of what at that level. I would be more concerned that several of our decent out of contract youngsters have good games and then feature on Sunderland's radar given they may be planning for the Championship soon!!!

It will be a great experience and change from training or fleeting subs role for likes of B King,A King, S Nicholson, D Carrick J Hamilton and others.

Correct

Sexton Hardcastle

Absolute nap that someone gets injured. Pointless friendly.

Aye, it's not as if anyone has ever been injured training at Riccarton.

Just peeved off mate with nearly all the negativity, on every thread, Locke out, Robinson, Tapping. Paterson , Walker, McDonald etc etc the list goes on and on,

I just hope that most people will wake up and smell the coffee, this club is in deep S%&t and I hope that the club still survives, keep GL on as manager in the 1st Division (championship) and lets see what he can do without both hands being tied behind his back! if it doesn`t work out for him then lets get an experienced manager in and keep Lockie on !!

Finally someone speaking sense!

The Great Khali

Aye, it's not as if anyone has ever been injured training at Riccarton.

Indeed, but a full on game against another talented team will surely bring out a more competitive side than a wee hour training session at riccarton?

All I'm saying is, the way our luck is going just now, this friendly will probably come back and bite us on the erse.

Our management team are, put simply, *****. They need to go.

Imagine arranging a friendly. Why the hell would they want to have a bounce game lined up to maybe try one or two new things. What the hell are they thinking with this game in which some of the lads can play without the pressure the SPFL and maybe find a touch of confidence and enjoyment.

These bounce games, that happen all the time, are the scurge of our game and have gone some way to putting us in the position we're in imho.

I'm outraged.

Remnants of Standards

2-3 now looked like sam nicholson shot that took huge deflection over the keeper. Keeper Hamilton had earlier made great double save.

broughies tach

After a bit of research the Spurs trialist was Jake Nicholson who famously came on against Hearts in the Europa League tie in London oh and also for 'dating' Katie Price. There again what footballer hasn't

After a bit of research the Spurs trialist was Jake Nicholson who famously came on against Hearts in the Europa League tie in London oh and also for 'dating' Katie Price. There again what footballer hasn't

That's the lad ! Made his debut against us in Europa league and broke his duck against Jordan.... :devil2:

Archived