Why attack a car

poultry

I worked a long day on Hogmanay, came home and saw the bells in with the wife and the two youngest kids. Went to bed around 12.30 got up at 6 am to set off for another shift, only to discover my car had the wing mirror kicked and was hanging off. I discovered later that day the street along from me had a full scale battle go on from around midnight and that more cars had been battered. I guess what I am asking is this. Do we live in a society now that this kind of thing happens and we just get on with it, or what ?. I remember Hogmanay's in the past where there were no real problems and everyone celebrating them were happy to shake your hand and not boot your car.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

People are dicks!

Saw something similar last year where someone had proceeded up my street kicking the wing mirror off every car in the street.

Tommy Wiseau

Someone booted the wing mirror off my old man's car recently as well. Such a mindless thing to do.

3fingersreid

Simply because they're little shits who have fek all respect for anything especially something that's not their own property

Some ******* broke into mine smashing the drivers door window on hogmanay. Guy came to fix it today and dropped the replacement in the wind

Angry Haggis

Some ******* broke into mine smashing the drivers door window on hogmanay. Guy came to fix it today and dropped the replacement in the wind

Shan.

I like living where I do but it's full of ^^^^y wee car vandals.

Bought a brand new dark red van for myself in 2007. Within three months it was keyed to death.

:sob:

Wankers.

Had mine done a couple of weeks ago.

Im adament it was Virgin Media guys working outside my house,

Then proceeded 2 days later to knock the other one off in a bump on the A9.

:sob:

I had the front windscreen put in with a rock one Halloween. The police said it is a lot more common than people think and is usually done for no reason apart from mindless vandalism.

People, huge swathes of people, are utter scum.

Had my bike stolen the other week. Bloody motorbike that is.

:seething:

If it happens regularly, get the razor wire out. It's particularly good when folk try to rip off your windscreen wipers :look:

Takes me back to when I was at Primary School. On our walk home we used to all sprint down the residential street, nailing our bags off each cars wing mirrors.

Thinking back, as an 8-9 year old, I probably didn't realise the butt-hurt caused. If this happened to me now, I'd be raging.

In answer to your question, is this what society is like now, well I'm confirming it was like that in 1995.

Archived