"If we play like that we'll start picking up points"

scott_jambo

Winding me up with people on here getting 'misty-eyed' over our historic 2-0 loss and our now famous 2-1 loss at Parkhead and Easter Road.

Let's be honest, the team is more up for it for those two games and gives that extra percent due to the adreniline they carry into the games. They know if they make the mistake in these games they will be "the villian". e.g. Jordan McGhee.

It's like last year saying "If we played like we did at Anfield, we would've won the league instead of finishing 11th".

No. Stop it. Just stop. Stop.....stop it.

Tommy Wiseau

We've picked up less points in the last 4 months than we did in the first 4 matches. Anyone talking up these performances is living in fantasy land.

Creepy Lurker

Also we played a wee bit better than we have done but still deserved to lose. Not really worth getting excited over.

We've picked up less points in the last 4 months than we did in the first 4 matches. Anyone talking up these performances is living in fantasy land.

but we didn't let a pedestrian celtic side score for 60 mins soooo if we do that against ross county then we will win? C'mon thats how it works.

MacDonald Jardine

but we didn't let a pedestrian celtic side score for 60 mins soooo if we do that against ross county then we will win? C'mon thats how it works.

It's a hard season. Get used to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Back of the Bus

I await the Partick game being classed as "make or break".

:rolleyes:

I think it's down as "Last chance saloon"

Harry Palmer

3pts from 7 games against Killie/Thistle/County/Mirren.

The "must win" games.

I'll probably stick that in the Locke thread, where results count.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone who thinks we have been anything other than horse shit over the last few months is off their ******* head.

I await Gary MacKay telling us that it is the fans fault... of John Murray's... or Darren Murray's... or Romanov's... or Santa's...

:rolleyes:

rossthejambo

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll be lucky to pick up one more point. We were awful at times, tactics were dreadful again, and a better team would have tore us apart.

I saw nothing tonight to make me think we were capable of turning things around.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll be lucky to pick up one more point. We were awful at times, tactics were dreadful again, and a better team would have tore us apart.

I saw nothing tonight to make me think we were capable of turning things around.

:spoton:

we maybe defended a bit better but it was last ditch stuff a lot of the time. Still no attempt to play actual football.

Hilary Briss

I think some are getting effort confused with good play.

The lads tried hard and gave all - which is commendable but level of play was bollocks......mainly down to poor team selection, players playing out of position and lack of tactics.

How anybody can say that a decent manager wouldnt make a difference is beyond me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I think it's down as "Last chance saloon"

Last orders were about two months ago. We're going to finish with about 10 points

gorgie rd eh11

It amazes me that some people never saw what was coming.

They seem to think they are the experts as well. :cheesy:

not a betting man so maybe some of you fellow jambo's that are can tell me, whats the odds on hearts getting 2 back to back wins this season?

whats the odds on them even getting 2 more wins at home? i would say the scale goes from slim - zero.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I think some are getting effort confused with good play.

The lads tried hard and gave all - which is commendable but level of play was bollocks......mainly down to poor team selection, players playing out of position and lack of tactics.

How anybody can say that a decent manager wouldnt make a difference is beyond me.

It's the bare minimum required tbf.

18Jambo_dave74

We can't defend (how many clean sheets have we had this season?) and we really struggle to deal with set pieces.

We don't keep possesion well enough and resort to hoofball far too often.

We struggle to create chances and don't score enough goals.

That has been the case all season and I have seen nothing to suggest that it is going to change. At the moment we just aren't good enough.

We can't defend (how many clean sheets have we had this season?) and we really struggle to deal with set pieces.

We don't keep possesion well enough and resort to hoofball far too often.

We struggle to create chances and don't score enough goals.

That has been the case all season and I have seen nothing to suggest that it is going to change. At the moment we just aren't good enough.

We've kept 3 clean sheets this season. Two against Hibs, and another against Dundee United at home.

Defence played well. The rest was rubbish! Our build up play is awful. Midfield is all over the place. A lot of it is down to management. Its just not working

We need to win 6 games just to catch up on Ross County. They will win games though so realistically we need to win about 10 - and that's out of 18 games! So far we have managed 3 wins from 20 games.

It's all very well remaining optimistic but the simple, glaring reality is that we are nowhere near good enough. It's more likely that we win no games between now and the end of the season than it is winning 10.

Midfield is our real weakness not the defence. Tapping, Hamill and Robinson are simply not able to hold onto the ball and are restricted to diving in in a attempt to break up the play. Locke seems scared to play our more creative players like Billy King and Nicholson. Since the 0-7 score in the Celtic game our only strategy has been to restrict the opposition scoring.

I was going to bite there, can't bring myself to do it. Yesterday was make or break for me. I believe you start a year as you intend to go on through it. Clearly most Hearts players intend to go in anonymity around the globe.

Seems quite depressing I suppose, but I'm consoling myself with the thought we could be out of admin by next month! Hopefully that would then mean a certain legend with the most glorious left peg I've ever seen signs for the club. Just imagine the dread it would cause down "let's party like we won a champions league final after beating our rivals under 20 squad with overpaid hatchet men" way. I can taste their tears already.

Don't see much point in signing players this season now. It's done and dusted and we may as well keep the funds for next season.

Unless Jordan Henderson is available of course...

Samuel Camazzola

There is no point in getting too worked up about it. Due to the points deduction and transfer embargo, we were always going to struggle with a thread-bare squad lacking experience and quality. Half of the division are no better than us at present but have the options to add numbers and acquire a goalscorer. Hibs are rank and I would say the majority of their 'supporters' from last night would agree - unless that's the level of success they are looking for. The majority of our young squad will benefit from dropping down and hopefully the embargo will have been lifted to allow us to bring in affordable key players. We are in the middle of the punishment handed out by the powers that be so just have to ride it out that bit longer. It won't be long before another team or two go into administration and it'll be interesting to see if the sanctions are? consistent.

Archived