***Official Hibernian vs Heart of Midlothian matchday thread***

Matthew Le Tissier

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head says 3-0 Hibs with two goals coming from set pieces.

Heart says 1-0 Hearts with Stevo to score and a battling performance.

I think we will actually play quite well tonight. Players will be well up for it. 5 in midfield should mean we can get a grip of the midfield.

Carl Fredrickson

Not confident about tonight. I think Butcher will have them set up to bully us all over the park. We struggle to defend set pieces and they are scoring from set pieces.

GL needs to get the tactics spot on tonight - and for me that means Stevenson up front with Paterson wide in a 5 man midfield. We need to smother the life out of them.

A win tonight could make a huge increase in confidence for all at the club

FTH

The key to this game is to get right in their faces from the off, don't give them time on the ball or to settle and contest and win every 2nd ball. Walker needs to run at them and if the Refs on his game and doesn't book him for diving when he isn't we could just do this.

My biggest worry is that I think we need 2 goals to win this game. Our defence doesn't look like keeping a clean sheet anytime soon. That said I am wrong most weeks so i hope I am tonight too.

maroonlegions

Can see us taking a pumping unfortunately.

But nothing as momentousness as the cup finale.. even if we do , they will never better that....FTH.

Diadora Van Basten

My heart says Hearts, my head says Hibs.

It all depends on how well we play, if we play like we did against Killie then we will get murdered.

Somehow I don't think that will happen so will go for 1 - 1 draw with Hibs going in front then Walker equalising.

90/1 with Betvictor, but only 45/1 with Bet365 :o

Betfred not offering odds with Stevenson and they still spell Hamill 'Hammel'

normally some guy gets it off heartstv a bit before sky and twitter know. hoping to know soon so i can choose some goalscorer bets and scorecasts

alwaysthereinspirit

The key to this game is to get right in their faces from the off, don't give them time on the ball or to settle and contest and win every 2nd ball. Walker needs to run at them and if the Refs on his game and doesn't book him for diving when he isn't we could just do this.

This. Another start like the league cup quarter final and we're toast.

Photoshop effort. Hearts 5-1 is 250/1

Really? Was posted on fb by a hobo on my GFs pals list. He was seething :lol:

The man who loved beer

They are going to run over the top of us.The luck we've carried in the first two derbies,is going to run out tonight.

This unfortunately :-(

it will be exactly like the cup game. If we lose an early goal we'll get hammered, if not then we can maybe sneak something as they run out of ideas.

Smith&Weston

Who are we playing again? Hibs or Celtic?

After the results from hell over the last few days the players must know that defeat is not an option if the want to be SPFL players next season so expect 110% effort.

Partick showed the way a couple of weeks back and by all accounts were lucky to only draw. They have no pace so we need to press and stop the crosses coming into our box.

First 20 mins in this game is crucial

Since we ruined them at Hampden I could really care what the score is between us and Hibs.

I just hope we manage to take something from this match, a draw like our last outing would do, but hoping for a win, like our last visit to Easter Road.

Archived