***Official Hibernian vs Heart of Midlothian matchday thread***

Matthew Le Tissier

Matthew Le Tissier

Really fancy us to nick the win today. Having Stevo back is a massive boost. Keep it tight and not concede for the 1st 25mins the yokals will start to get on the players backs.

Mon the Hearts in to this scum FTH

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really fancy us to nick the win today. Having Stevo back is a massive boost. Keep it tight and not concede for the 1st 25mins the yokals will start to get on the players backs.

Mon the Hearts in to this scum FTH

ditto.

First day I've felt recovered from the flu. This is my Christmas and New Year rolled into one and I really fancy the away win.

Mon' The Hearts !

They will play better than us, but fortunately they can't score either.

I reckon we'll sneak a win. 1-0 Hearts

Hungry hippo

Almost wish I didn't have the day off work today. Still got about 10 hours to think about the game until kick off.

I will never slag early kick off times again. Maybe.

It's so important we don't concede an early goal, if we don't we have a right good chance of winning this. They will start to panic ..... again!!

Hopefully we can derail the "Butcher revolution" at the echodome. As others have said, we need keep in tight and not concede early for once, thereafter we can hopefully start to impose our game onto them.

What if we go 5 up and then dont know when to stop this time and end up going really rampant, could we cope with leaning new songs and would the 5-1 be forgotten ?

tartofmidlothian

IMO it'll be closer than anyone expects, but it'll go either way. Would happily take a 0-0, wouldn't be surprised at 2-1 to them. But if our team can't make a real fight of this fixture of all fixtures, what's the point of them?

I reckon we'll sneak a win. 1-0 Hearts

Didn't they score 3 v Killie?

Didn't they score 3 v Killie?

Five in their last 2 games with none conceded.I think a 0-0 is best we can hope for in this one.Workmate is a Hibby and he said that they are still no great shakes but Butcher has them well drilled in defence and very dangerous from setplays.

I dreamt we scored straight from ko without them even getting a touch of the ball.

It ended 1 all though.

I dreamt we scored straight from ko without them even getting a touch of the ball.

It ended 1 all though.

Now that is impossible seeing as straight from the kickoff we just punt it right up field for a throw in to the opposition.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think it will be 1-1.

The pant-wetters pre match should be named and shamed. Not the former PM though as he is beyond parody.

Now that is impossible seeing as straight from the kickoff we just punt it right up field for a throw in to the opposition.

True.

But my dream seemed so real.

Hopefully we can derail the "Butcher revolution" at the echodome. As others have said, we need keep in tight and not concede early for once, thereafter we can hopefully start to impose our game onto them.

We have a game?

:really:

Prince Buaben

I ******* hate this tactic. Every ******* time we kick off.

:vrface:

5 goals in 2 games indicates otherwise.

I predict anger on Kickback at approximately 9:46pm.

aimed at a mixture of locke, the ref, hamill and robinson

winston churchill

They are going to run over the top of us.The luck we've carried in the first two derbies,is going to run out tonight.

They are going to run over the top of us.The luck we've carried in the first two derbies,is going to run out tonight.

Maybe, but hibs always bottle it whenever we play them and or whenever they are the bookies favourite to win. History has proven this to be true.

ball retention and work rate is essential..

Work rate for me. got to get in there face's from the off.

we all know the football played will be poor from both sides. performance similiar to the first half at parkhead, with the added bonus of having Stevo in the side this will hopefully let us hold the ball up in there end more. I can see us sneaking it tbh.

Jambof3tornado

ball retention and work rate is essential..

This is our biggest problem this season. That and lack of goals. And defensive frailties.

3-1 hearts. God knows how.

I ******* hate this tactic. Every ******* time we kick off.

I dont get it at all totally pointless and all your doing is giving the ball to the other team right away.

I predict meltdown on Hiv.net at 9.46pmish :thumbsup:

Keep the faith. FTH

Guest Bilel Mohsni

First derby I'll be missing in ages. :(

Hope it's one of those ones that I'll be seething at not being able to make. :thumbsup:

Tynie-Tempah

What worries me about telling the young lads to "work hard" and "get in their faces" etc is it leads to us loosing shape. 2/3/4 bodies all end up chasing the same ball and opposition players are left in so much space.

It almost has a negative effect on us as I feel they don't do it properly - fair enough they haven't been able to learn the game as well as they could have due to the obvious but its frustrating.

Oh goody, hope so, not had any of your 'tea boy' chat this year yet...

SJ is correct, the longer it stays 0-0 the more the supporters will get on the shites back, and it could be nicked by an odd goal.

Or

If however they manage to score early, squeaky bum time and a huge swing to 'yes' in the locke vote thread.

The Former would make a good start to the year.

Albert Tatlock

I am with Virgin, Xl package. Can I pay one off fee to sky to watch game. If so how do I go about it. Cheers.

tartofmidlothian

Got 0-0 written all over it.

I'd take that, no question. Be a nice start to the year to bust the zero point mark against them though.

Head says a draw or either team to win by a single goal. Heart says 1-0 for us. Best of luck to all going to the game, hope you have a great time and plenty to sing about.

About to 'dive' in to work ..hopefully when I appear at 10pm ish you guys will still be inside the breeze block hole.

I'm sure the players will give it everything ..I know our fans will!

Anger because Lockie told us to lay off them at 5?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's so important we don't concede an early goal, if we don't we have a right good chance of winning this. They will start to panic ..... again!!

This, this and more this. Precisely the way tonight's game will be won. None of us fancied our chances last time so I'm quietly, blindly hopeful.

The only thing i can safely predict is there will be a few people needing to take spare pants to change into after crossing the bridge of doom

Tommy Wiseau

Anger because Lockie told us to lay off them at 5?

Yep, that'll be it :lol:

Got a bad, bad feeling about this one chaps.

Think we'll take a doing.

Anyone saying otherwise hasn't watched us recently. And yes I know it's only Hibs etc etc.

Closer it gets to the game I'm feeling more confident.

Think we'll sneak a win or draw at worst. When JJ was in charge he used to let Locke take the pre derby team talks to get them fired up. I can't see it being any different tonight.

The Comedian

We are shite.

They are at home, have found the net recently and will be fired up. They are pish but pish is beating us.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Ramjet alert. This from the man who predicted a Hibs win in the biggest derby of all time and said all the neutrals (he might have said romantics) wanted a vermin success at Hampden. Up ye Spiers

Graham Spiers ?@GrahamSpiers1m

I?m envisaging a three- or four-goal rout by Hibs in the Edinburgh derby tonight. We?ll see. Got a nagging hunch about this. #hibs #hearts

Archived