Tramadol

dicksojo

Just had a knee arthroscopy and meniscusectomy (this morning) and left the clinic with an array of tasty pain killers including tramadol!

Now after Frankie Boyles tv series tramadol nights I thought i would hit the sack take a couple of these bad boys and read some Sherlock Holmes in the hope for a nights sleep full of Victorian adventure. But low and behold I now can't get to sleep and feel like I've read every article on kickback! Including the sevco rubbish!

Anyone else had similar or completely different experiences with tramadol?

i was taking it when i broke my tibia, i found it the exact opposite to you, i felt out my tits once it kicked in then slept like a baby afterwards.

If you take a tramadol with a paracetamol could help.

Had a paracetamol an hour or two before taking the tramadol but to no affect.

Just thinking about it, I guess I should have chosen another book other than Sherlock Holmes. Maybe miso soup or Heartfelt.

A litre or 2 of cider might help !

Hahaha, back with the parents for a night or two so might have got caught in the act. However, I have had about two litres of tea.

Google wouldn't like my experiences with tramadol.

Would Kickback? I take it it was the dreams once you fell asleep? Or was it something else?

Was prescribed it after surgery 2 years ago. Never again. It made the symptoms 2 or 3 times worse!

But it works for most people, to be fair.

Would Kickback? I take it it was the dreams once you fell asleep? Or was it something else?

Goodness me, no. But I did once feed an ex-poster on here enough that he saw his own death as a premonition the next day.

Sadly, he was driving up the A1 at the time.

Goodness me, no. But I did once feed an ex-poster on here enough that he saw his own death as a premonition the next day.

Sadly, he was driving up the A1 at the time.

Superb, bit of a hairy ride then. I have read that one of the side effects is hallucinations and another being the ability to foresee events before they happen. But hey ho got to take the rough with the smooth.

Once I do fall asleep it will probably be dreams about a hoard of kick backers trying to press gang me into the Swiss navy or something.

JamboInSouthsea

It's basically pharmaceutical smack, looking at Wikipedia and it's effects I wouldn't take it.

JamboInSouthsea

Not really.

Actually, fair enough, got my phraseology wrong and have forgotten initial point i was trying to make....something along the lines of my opinions on the pharmaceutical industry and prescription drugs in general.

To get the same effects you could try something natural, as grown by nature like some Nepalese temple balls....google adsense will barr me for good.

I mind when i was on them for all of 2012. Was meant to be 8 a day. On bad days, i had to leave work early, go home and then i would take another 6. The pain would disappear, but so would mu ability for thinking. Even playing the ps3 was a struggle. Fir emergencies, i still kept a couple of boxes after i had my surgery last year.

Was prescribed Tramadols last year when I had Shingles - quite enjoyed the pain relief on them. I think from memory there are different dosages.

I'm on 50 mg for chronic back pain, effects aren't that bad for me, no real drowsiness but do get some pain relief. Ran out of them once and stopped taking them for four days till I got new stuff and I'm sure it triggered a severe anxiety episode, I wasn't in a good way.

Say What Again

Just had a knee arthroscopy and meniscusectomy (this morning) and left the clinic with an array of tasty pain killers including tramadol!

Now after Frankie Boyles tv series tramadol nights I thought i would hit the sack take a couple of these bad boys and read some Sherlock Holmes in the hope for a nights sleep full of Victorian adventure. But low and behold I now can't get to sleep and feel like I've read every article on kickback! Including the sevco rubbish!

Anyone else had similar or completely different experiences with tramadol?

I've had it loads of times after various ops and one thing I've never experienced is not being able to sleep on it. Trying to wake up in the morning, maybe, but I've always slept like a baby.

Lancashire_Lou

Tramadol dreams are freaky. Even before I fell asleep I started feeling weird and was convinced my tongue was too big for my mouth. Spent ages concentrating on where it should be sitting.

Tramadol is unfortunately too hardcore for me. They're excellent but scared I'd become a bit to reliant on them. Co codamol however...

Bliss after a couple of these.

:jjyay:

Tramadol is unfortunately too hardcore for me. They're excellent but scared I'd become a bit to reliant on them. Co codamol however...

Bliss after a couple of these.

Originally felt like you but became too dependent on them and didn't like how I felt after the calmness feeling subsided. Would have been the 30/500s you would mean eh?

:jjyay:

Archived