Unpleasant ways to die...

skinnybob72

I always get the heebie jeebies when I think about that woman who died when she fell on top of the knives in her dishwasher when shed left it open and the rack thing pulled out. It was a few years ago in England I think.

Doctor FinnBarr

I always get the heebie jeebies when I think about that woman who died when she fell on top of the knives in her dishwasher when shed left it open and the rack thing pulled out. It was a few years ago in England I think.

Armadale I think.

Always thought the Byford Dolhpin incident was a particularly brutal way to go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Accidents_and_incidents

Boiling blood, blisters in the eyeball, 1 diver exploding completely and having his entire body sucked out through a 60cm gap. But then you remember that they all died instantaneously and the people who probably suffered the most were their families who had to deal with the remains etc.

Deserved it purely for placing the knives blade end up. Definite Darwin contender that. Doh.

Doctor FinnBarr

Turns out it was Airdrie 2003. I'm strictly knives and forks down the way nowadays.

Thats right, she was from Armadale but staying with her uncle (who was a church minister in Caldercruix I think) when it happened.

Wouldn't fancy being somethings dinner. And I remember reading about a woman on a parachute jump floating down right into the rotors of a helicopter just about to take off. She knew it was going to happen apparently.

Drowning terrifies me. I'd say my worst nightmare is being stuck in a small space which is filling with water and no chance of escape, I'd probably panic and start smacking my head against the nearest solid object to try and knock myself out.

I've always imagined being crushed to death by a snake to be quite unpleasant too.

I've always imagined being crushed to death by a snake to be quite unpleasant too.

You can try that one at home with a friend if you want to find out. We did it in biology at school as we had a teacher obsessed with snakes.

The thing is that the snake doesn't crush you it just holds onto you tightly. So if someone stands behind you and does the same round your ribcage you can copy it. The snake (friend) just adjusts their hold to keep up the same pressure every time you breath out so you can't take as big a breath in to replace it.

Fair to say it is a fairly unpleasant feeling.

Dying on your own, unloved and unwanted would be pretty unpleasant.

Just this anonymous statistic whose passing produced not one ripple of grief or sorrow or sympathy anywhere across the entire globe.

You can try that one at home with a friend if you want to find out. We did it in biology at school as we had a teacher obsessed with snakes.

The thing is that the snake doesn't crush you it just holds onto you tightly. So if someone stands behind you and does the same round your ribcage you can copy it. The snake (friend) just adjusts their hold to keep up the same pressure every time you breath out so you can't take as big a breath in to replace it.

Fair to say it is a fairly unpleasant feeling.

Yeah that's what scares me about that one, the feeling of not being able to replace the air you expel. Seems like it would be quite drawn out as well as agonising. Safe to say I won't be trying it at home :lol:

Always thought the Byford Dolhpin incident was a particularly brutal way to go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Accidents_and_incidents

Boiling blood, blisters in the eyeball, 1 diver exploding completely and having his entire body sucked out through a 60cm gap. But then you remember that they all died instantaneously and the people who probably suffered the most were their families who had to deal with the remains etc.

That's ******* brutal :(

Just this anonymous statistic whose passing produced not one ripple of grief or sorrow or sympathy anywhere across the entire globe.

Didn't they have a ceremony recently in Glasgow for a number of people's cremated remains that no-one had ever bothered to collect. They were scattered in the Clyde. Thought that was really sad.

Didn't some well-known band do a song about that very thing?

Didn't they have a ceremony recently in Glasgow for a number of people's cremated remains that no-one had ever bothered to collect. They were scattered in the Clyde. Thought that was really sad.

Very. What a shame.

Didn't some well-known band do a song about that very thing?

I've no idea, but could imagine so.

Archived